View Poll Results: Is the decline of Christianity in Europe a good or bad thing?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

2 8.70%
  • Bad

21 91.30%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decline of Christianity: Good or bad?

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,127
    Given: 9,061

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    People, no matter time, have always been violent, drunk, whoremongering, cultureless degenerates.
    True, it's somewhere deep in people, but with religion, they started to fear such things and this can be surpressed by small margin.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,096
    Given: 24,273

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    Decline of Christianity: Good or bad? I am referring decline of Christianity in Europe. There is no doubt that Christianity has played a major role when it comes to Europe’s art, lifestyle, politics and etc. But of course, it is now decreasing. Even the people who call themselves Christians are mostly nominal. In your opinion, is that a good or bad?
    Well, it depends. The majority of positive changes from the West such as science, technology, industry, arts, empires, and military prowess coincided with the Enlightenment era, and you have to admit that the Western Europe was its strongest when it still believed in ethnonationalism not religion.

That's Christian unity for you.

Spoiler!

Morality predates Christianity or any religion. We can say that western society was based off Christian values, however, moral behaviour, cooperation, the golden rule, empathetic behaviour, and family values are foundational principles that came from natural human behaviour. If these principles did not exist in our ancestors then we would not exist today.

While yes, wrongdoing still went on inside tribes, communities, etc. We evolved to understand that the aforementioned wrong behaviour are antithetical to a sucessful society, tribe, or community. Basically Christian values that built western society aren't inherently Christian, but are secular.

On the other hand, Christianity was good when it was strong and made the people slaughter invaders like the Muslim invasions of Medieval Europe, but now Christianity seems to have no effect whether the nations mounts a resistance or not.

Ireland is almost fully Catholic but they are huge cucks for some reason. Same with Spain or Sweden for that matter. Christian to the core but still wholeheartedly supports race-mixing, faggotry, more rapefugees and other ills. On the other hand, Czech Republic is atheist as fuck but still is pretty based country in their own right.

Spoiler!

I think that religion should be respected (in the framework of the law of course) but not really pushed, so if Christianity is on the decline then it's just not proving to be fruitful. As the west has become more educated, the divide between the claims of religion and the emerging truths from science have rendered, step by step, Christianity to be a completely implausible explanation of the world in any meaningful sense.

As we have understood cosmology, evolution and the rest of sciences, the core idea that humans are somehow special, or the idea of a universe creator that is interested in human affairs has become simply untenable. Also, people do not forget where Christianity has stood, historically, on the big societal questions and that light does not paint a rosy picture.

Of course, some catholic cunt on TA would naively argue that panheresy of Protestantism is the fount from which liberalism, individualism and consumerism sprang. Protestantism essentially dissolves the idea of asceticism and spiritual struggle - what the Catholic call 'sanctification' and the Orthodox call 'theosis'. But humans have always had the tendency to obsess over worldly success and power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,068
    Given: 15,883

2 Not allowed!

The decline of Christianity is the rise of secularism. So for me, morally it’s bad.
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2021 @ 03:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgarian + Ukrainian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

It’s good because it will give rise to Islam in Europe.

Last Online
    10-16-2023 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Ethnicity
    Eurasia
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!

I’m surprised so many people here think decline of Christianity is bad. I thought Europeans are atheist-leaning..

Banned
    Last Online
    04-02-2023 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pantanal Pathfinder
    Country
    North-Korea
    Politics
    Ethnonationalism and Eugenics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,358
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Bad

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,400
    Given: 12,599

1 Not allowed!

It's objectively bad. There is a correlation between community spirit and religion. In a community where religion is relevant in people's lives, they are more likely to be familiar with their neighbors. They're not strangers on a ship.

Religious conflicts (Catholics versus Protestants, Sunni versus Shiites, etc.) are religious only on the surface. They're political conflicts. For example, the Dutch didn't rebel against Catholic Spain because of Calvinism. They rebelled because they didn't want to pay taxes to foreigners. Calvinism gained followers in the Netherlands more as a way to say, 'Go fuck yourself, foreign tax collector!' than religious zeal.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 12-17-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-01-2023 @ 10:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    afrasian
    Country
    Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 57

0 Not allowed!

I’m a Muslimah let me put my input. I think before the spread of Christianity and Islam, the world was a cruel, perverted, misogynistic, and violent place.

Let me give you an example. Before Christianity, human sacrifice was the norm in Scandinavia. Also, we are aware how Roman/Greek culture was. They were sexually degenerate. People would participate in orgies, have sex with animals, sex with family and of course, old men would rape 12-14 year old boys. It was a crazy world back then. I would say even worst than today. That is why, God sent Abrahamic religions. He wanted to tell people how they should live their lives.
    pedophilia was common in ancient greece christianity couldn't change this
    unlike in secular modern societies, romans didn't praise debauched people this kind of behaviour was seen as effeminate
    christianity brought order but many used their religious position to take advantage of the population

Quote Originally Posted by Getae View Post
    It’s good because it will give rise to Islam in Europe.
    those who reject christianity will be even more opposed to Islam just out of ideology and jealousy

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,154
    Given: 2,159

1 Not allowed!

I’m surprised so many people here think decline of Christianity is bad. I thought Europeans are atheist-leaning..
    Apricity does not represent the average population
    Rededit does not represent the average population

Atheist leaning is the wrong word.

Better would be secular, god believing (in some form), and cultural Christian.
    Both "extremes": atheists and highly religious/faithful are smaller in number.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

Good.
    Cultural arguments are all nice and such, but it still is about believing something blindly and that simply doesn't work anymore nowadays.
    Do you people really believe christianity? Or do you just compulsively lie to yourself because you "know" it is important to have religion?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information