Eurasia
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 14

2 Not allowed!

Default Opinions on housewives ?

I live here in USA and my cousin is a homemaker/housewife. She tells me that people often make rude comments to her. For example, some people call her stuff like lazy, useless, has no ambitions etc.

It’s so sad how society looks down on women who want to primarily focus on their children rather than money/career here in USA. What do Europeans think of women who choose to be housewives/homemakers?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2021 @ 03:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgarian + Ukrainian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    I live here in USA and my cousin is a homemaker/housewife. She tells me that people often make rude comments to her. For example, some people call her stuff like lazy, useless, has no ambitions etc.

It’s so sad how society looks down on women who want to primarily focus on their children rather than money/career here in USA. What do Europeans think of women who choose to be housewives/homemakers?
    Housewives can spend more time with the family taking care of their kids, raising and feeding them properly which should be a priority for any good mother. Marriages that last are often those where the woman is a housewife.

Women who work cannot provide the same care to their kids. They also rob their husband of their time too by giving time they could spend together to the employer. With both parents working you have more of a business partner relationship rather than a subservient woman and dominant man. (In most cases)

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

I live here in USA and my cousin is a homemaker/housewife. She tells me that people often make rude comments to her. For example, some people call her stuff like lazy, useless, has no ambitions etc. It’s so sad how society looks down on women who want to primarily focus on their children rather than money/career here in USA. What do Europeans think of women who choose to be housewives/homemakers?
    Well, studies have shown that women are happier as housewives, why would they want to work when they can just fanny about at home all day where the hardest thing you have to do is go shopping.

"Housewife" is the easiest job in the world and you are on the same level as welfare-getters. A typical housewife that just cooks and cleans is very different to a housewife in the golden days.

A typical housewife 100+ years ago would have spent the majority of her time cleaning the house and preparing the food (domestic chores). Nowadays, you can keep a house clean within 30 minutes-1 hour's work a day and whip a meal up in under an hour. It's absurd to think that she'll spend the rest of her day (8 hours+) overseeing the kids forever.

However, when you're taking care of children, you have constant responsibilities throughout the day. Once you have children, they need to be taken to and from school, they should have at least one hour of dedicated parenting for homework every evening along with 1-2 evening activities per week. Each child.

Although I like traditional women, the standards should be a bit higher than domestic chores. Like accounts, co-director, or some shit of a company. At the very least going out her way to be genuinely productive (like legit helping your husband get ahead in his career or being the motivational speaker in the house, hobbies, keeping fit, etc. that would be ideal).

Past the first four years of a child's life, there's not an awful lot of point to stay at home mums (given the amount of labour saving devices the modern house has). Household appliances do most of your work for you now.

In this era, I suspect a lot of that downtime will be spent wasting your husband's money shopping online and flirting with other men through social media, or posting selfies on an anthroboard lel.

Child birth makes you hornier and makes your pussy more organic and it stretches back to normal size anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,135
    Given: 9,066

1 Not allowed!

Normal, although after kids get to the certain age, it wouldn't be a bad idea just to find a part-time job.

Waiting for Dragon Age Dreadwolf & Berserk Radimir's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 10:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    God hand
    Country
    Vatican City
    Taxonomy
    Bishōnen
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, my mother and Griffith from Berserk
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 936
    Given: 3,026

0 Not allowed!

I don't think it's a wise decision for a woman in the long run. She is eventually going to become bored of that lifestyle, seeing her partner go out in the world and meet new people and experience what life has to offer while she is at home, washing dishes and taking care of kids 24/7/365? THINK about that for a minute. Doing that repeatedly for a couple of years is going to have a serious toll on her mind. It's not healthy especially in this era of social media and advanced technology, where we are taught to be independent and strive for greatness. Besides boredom, she may even feel unsatisfied in her marriage as well. It's not just strangers, even her own husband may have a low opinion of her and see her as dependent on him. He might not say it to her but let's say they get into an argument. I guarantee you, he will bring that up and she will feel bad about it. I think you asked a similar question before and my response is still the same, it's NOT a good thing to be a housewife, you don't have to be a movie star or drive a sportscar but at least do something. It simply makes no sense being a housewife in today's era.

Last Online
    01-31-2024 @ 09:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Cretan Greek
    Ancestry
    Kallikratis and Monemvasia
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    J2a M-241 (Cretan subclade)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 295

0 Not allowed!

Personally I 'd like my wife to be as ambitious and professional as me

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

At first, why you ask Europeans opinions? As American wouldn't only Americans opinions mean something? Or have your own family just moved into USA? Secondly Europe is huge. There are variations how people will think about matters. There are no one clear answer which would fit to all. Not especially to this kind of questions which are heavily linked to culture matters (women and men roles).

If I'm looking this from Scandinavia (which is called both the most gender equal and the most feminist area in Europe ... depending to whom to ask) ... I would deal this matter into four parts.

1.) How society will see housewife?
    Here I base on my answer to pure economical aspects as I do not know other way how to value this (importance). And the answer is ''BADLY''!
    Yes mothers roles are one of the best in Scandinavia (fully paid maternity leaves, free maternity packages, the world's lowest maternal mortality etc.) but longer runs that has not been supported. Opposite societies have focused free kinder garden systems so that mothers could return work already much before ad kids will start their schools. Ideas/agendas/wishes/messages are crystal clear.

2.) How people (average) will see this?
    For most families it is someway benefit that both parents will work. The salary of man nowadays hardly will be not enough for lifestyle families (both parents and kids) wants. I also know many women who likes to work. Family goes first (always), but work will offer them something own and some chances to get shortly away from issues of home (= air ones head).

3.) Security of mother (and kids)
    We all want to believe everlasting love, but today families and marriages will broke, even pretty often. Now if mother has stayed at home, hers life might become challenger after divorce. Fathers will need support their kids until 18 years old (via annual payments) but based on their total salaries those sums might not be huge. And how about woman alone? So many (women) wants to study and also work (owning at least some work experiences) just for cases. Same goes with possible pension. Nobody earns pension for being housewife. One kind of insurance for possible bad outcomes. Some others would say; wise behavior.

4.) If one has afford it and wants to do that, then who other people are judge that?

Here is one picture (real life)

Here is another. Now attitudes.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 09-12-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

2 Not allowed!

Why do I get the feeling that this thread already exists?

Last Online
    10-16-2023 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Ethnicity
    Eurasia
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 14

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    At first, why you ask Europeans opinions? As American wouldn't only Americans opinions mean something? Or have your own family just moved into USA? Secondly Europe is huge. There are variations how people will think about matters. There are no one clear answer which would fit to all. Not especially to this kind of questions which are heavily linked to culture matters (women and men roles).

If I'm looking this from Scandinavia (which is called both the most gender equal and the most feminist area in Europe ... depending to whom to ask) ... I would deal this matter into four parts.

1.) How society will see housewife?
    Here I base on my answer to pure economical aspects as I do not know other way how to value this (importance). And the answer is ''BADLY''!
    Yes mothers roles are one of the best in Scandinavia (fully paid maternity leaves, free maternity packages, the world's lowest maternal mortality etc.) but longer runs that has not been supported. Opposite societies have focused free kinder garden systems so that mothers could return work already much before ad kids will start their schools. Ideas/agendas/wishes/messages are crystal clear.

2.) How people (average) will see this?
    For most families it is someway benefit that both parents will work. The salary of man nowadays hardly will be not enough for lifestyle families (both parents and kids) wants. I also know many women who likes to work. Family goes first (always), but work will offer them something own and some chances to get shortly away from issues of home (= air ones head).

3.) Security of mother (and kids)
    We all want to believe everlasting love, but today families and marriages will broke, even pretty often. Now if mother has stayed at home, hers life might become challenger after divorce. Fathers will need support their kids until 18 years old (via annual payments) but based on their total salaries those sums might not be huge. And how about woman alone? So many (women) wants to study and also work (owning at least some work experiences) just for cases. Same goes with possible pension. Nobody earns pension for being housewife. One kind of insurance for possible bad outcomes. Some others would say; wise behavior.

4.) If one has afford it and wants to do that, then who other people are judge that?

Here is one picture (real life)

Here is another. Now attitudes.

Well you should understand that money isn’t everything. I don’t understand why some people look down on women to choose children over making money. It has been the norm for thousands of years.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,627
    Given: 10,189

2 Not allowed!

I personally don't want that lifestyle but I respect women that do. We want to raise our son's more outdoorsy. Going on nature walks, hiking, camping, educational trips etc. I want a more adventurous way of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information