Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel about having children and family members who fell short of normal expectations?

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 7

1 Not allowed!

Default How would you feel about having children and family members who fell short of normal expectations?

like being significantly intellectually and/or physically disabled and disfigured, and not having any children of the same gender?

I hope it's not too controversial to ask this question. I apologise if it offends anyone in any way. I still think its better to correct than criticise.
    I should mention that I still don't have any children yet, in fact I'm still a virgin, as well as an only child, just in case anyone thinks that I'm not developing normal parental instincts in any way, which I feel all people are deserving of from their family.
    Still, I've always dreamed of being able to be very proud of my family, like being able to be proud to show off, and free of major worry.
    Judging by the numbers and diversity of users here, I should probably expect the sight of people who have such children or family members to meet this page.
    This is a thought that I've had ever since I could start thinking really, and it seems to have affected people throughout history as well.

How would you feel about having children and (new) family members like close nephews, nieces, cousins etc. who fell short of normal expectations, like being significantly intellectually and/or physically disabled and disfigured, siamese twins, and not having any children of the same gender? I think having them being just physically disabled or disfigured without being cognitively can still get by, but being intellectually disabled is probably the most challenging. Of course it's no one's fault for how it turns out for how someone is born, rarely I think.

The latter condition, not having any children of the same gender, probably doesn't fit the category of "falling short of normal expectations", I just included it because I thought it was related, and is probably the least severe or disappointing condition mentioned, but I'd like to admit that if I didn't ever have any children of the same sex, that I'd be lying if I wasn't minimally disappointed somewhere inside me, not out of any sort of prejudice or non-love of the children and opposite gender, but I always imagined myself having boys and doing boyish things with them, much like when I was growing up myself, and leave mom to do girly things with daughters. Can others of both genders relate as well? Do females imagine doing feminine things with daughters? As well as the issue of being able to pass on our last name, not to mention that, while I'm not certain, my impression is that females growing up tend to be more complicated and have more emotional issues and stuff than boys do, something I'm not sure I'd be able to relate to or understand. My understanding is that what gender our children will turn out to be is a 50-50 chance. My impression is that I'm not the only one who feels this way, historically as well as presently.

The thing is that while rates me be relatively low, it's still very possible for any of us. We have much more choice in who our partners are, in contrast, how our children will turn out is much more of a lottery, if not completely, just as it was for who are parents are. How is technology to predict and choose conditions for our children nowadays? Improving I hope. Even if we have children and family members who turn out to be normal, what happens to them in life is also another big gamble and lottery, just not as much at the mercy of nature as being born, but they could likewise get into accidents and illnesses and disable and/or disfigure them, physically as well as cognitively.

What do you think? If you found yourself or a close family member or friend there, how would you feel, and what would you do? What options and remedies are available nowadays?

How did people think about and respond to these issues historically?
    Last edited by Homo Insapiens; 09-14-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,400
    Given: 12,599

0 Not allowed!

I've never had an interest in having children. If I did have children, I'd most likely be a difficult father. The kind of father that if he sees his son crying tells him to stop acting like a fag, and doesn't spend much time with his daughter unless she's sports oriented. I just don't have much patience.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,068
    Given: 15,883

9 Not allowed!

My son has a genetic disorder.

Before I had children, I was always scared that I would end up having a child with an intellectual disability. It’s almost as if it was a premonition. I suppose I was scared because I didn’t know how well I could handle it.
    Now that I have my son, I feel so blessed and I couldn’t be more proud of him. He has taught me patience and kindness. We work together to overcome his adversities and he inspires me each and every day. He is my world and I am forever changed because of him.
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,101
    Given: 6,048

2 Not allowed!

My ex and I chose to not have kids due to concerns about our country's future, and, sadly, it turned out that we were right. That doesn't mean that things can't improve for this *cheated* generation of youth (under 20). They might learn from the present insanity so that they won't repeat the mistakes of the past when they run the show. I wish them well!

Another thing is that I won't pass my genes on as I think that we have a family curse of some kind, and my great-grandmother said that we're related to the Kennedys in Ireland. We don't have their fame and fortune (for the most part), but we do have car crashes, plane crashes, murders, etc.. I've had a long streak of bad luck for the past several years, and I don't want to pass on a life of suffering to an innocent individual, one who might see suicide as a viable solution. I was an athlete, scholar, talent, etc., and I dated gorgeous girls back in the day, and I would trade places with a nerdy wimp with good luck, so that's something to think about when you're jealous of guys who *seem* like they have a charmed life because, if you traded places with some of them, it might become the biggest regret of your life.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Quintessential Western Euro
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, Walloon, Flemish, Dutch, German, Luxembourgish, English
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,918
    Given: 4,927

3 Not allowed!

I’m blessed with a wonderful daughter. She is extremely beautiful and intelligent, beyond all expectations. She is not yet 3 yo and she loves to read, she loves books. She now has more than 600 books in her own library!! I am so proud of that. I keep updated an Excel file with all her books. And her vocabulary is so rich, it’s incredible. And she has such a good memory. She now goes to a Flemish school, so she speaks both French and Flemish!

But if my daughter were “abnormal”, we would have loved her the same way. I was never scared about that during the pregnancy, which was very risky in my case, since I got hepatitis.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,901
    Given: 4,814

0 Not allowed!

If you feel family members are falling short of your own expectations then you should seriously jump off a cliff and save the genetic pool of your excretement from spreading.

You can choose your friends but not your family...
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,096
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

It depends on the family member. Some of them are not close, and I wouldn't feel bad at all.

But I have noticed that people with autism often have pretty 'weird' family members. I'm pretty sure there's a strong genetic element to autism.

I don't mind having a daughter. It doesn't matter what gender is your child going to be. Having girls is fine, just don't give them a reason to act out by being a negligent father.

I know several families with ailing parents and it is invariably the daughters - not the sons - who care for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    My ex and I chose to not have kids due to concerns about our country's future, and, sadly, it turned out that we were right. That doesn't mean that things can't improve for this *cheated* generation of youth (under 20). They might learn from the present insanity so that they won't repeat the mistakes of the past when they run the show. I wish them well!

Another thing is that I won't pass my genes on as I think that we have a family curse of some kind, and my great-grandmother said that we're related to the Kennedys in Ireland. We don't have their fame and fortune (for the most part), but we do have car crashes, plane crashes, murders, etc.. I've had a long streak of bad luck for the past several years, and I don't want to pass on a life of suffering to an innocent individual, one who might see suicide as a viable solution. I was an athlete, scholar, talent, etc., and I dated gorgeous girls back in the day, and I would trade places with a nerdy wimp with good luck, so that's something to think about when you're jealous of guys who *seem* like they have a charmed life because, if you traded places with some of them, it might become the biggest regret of your life.
    This is really sad.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,101
    Given: 6,048

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laly View Post
    This is really sad.
    Millions of people have it much worse than me. My comment sounds like a cringe surprise pity party.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    Millions of people have it much worse than me. My comment sounds like a cringe surprise pity party.
    Everything is not over. You can still have children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information