N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    The dolphins were killed for food as Kominstsavalta showed. Pigs are acknowledged as one of the most intelligent animals as well, why is no one angry about the massacre of 4 million pigs per day? Ah, the Western hypocrisy.
    No one? Many people try to help farm animals and especially pigs. There are even pig sanctuaries out there.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

5 Not allowed!

Scandinavian countries even have animal farming for fur (and Denmark killed all mink during covid). Disgusting subhumans. So this is nothing new. Just tired of people putting these recently rich societies on pedestal for civilisation.

Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 11:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Digital Don Quixote
    Ethnicity
    Forums
    Ancestry
    Hellenic, Balkan, Latin, Anatolian, Druide
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Anatolian Lappid
    Hero
    Justinian, Constantine, Augustus, Charlemagne, Aurelian, Alexander
    Religion
    Uralische beauties, Viktor Orban
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,627
    Given: 10,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post

Anyway if some people think this is okay I'm not going to convince them otherwise but don't make excuses for it and say people can't be outraged because of farming. It's good that people are disgusted and it might make them more aware of animal treatment across the board. You can do what you can.
    So, is this about abuse?

Do you consider simple fishing abuse as well? These small ugly fish also suffer before dying, would it be better if they died "peacefully" in the hands of some corporation?

From my romantic side, it's a shame that dolphins and whales are disappearing. There are many stories in romanticized antiquity about them and now you will be lucky if you see a dolphin in the Mediterranean, but I think that BP is a better target if there is someone to blame.

They also used to hunt them with the trident.
    Last edited by Faklon; 09-15-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,317
    Given: 2,697

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    No one? Many people try to help farm animals and especially pigs. There are even pig sanctuaries out there.
    If you want to call "disgusting subhumans" a people that hunt some hundreds of dolphins per year for food, at least be consistent and stop consuming animal-derived products altogether. The animal industry is exponentially more cruel and kills millions of times more animals than these Scandinavian fishers per day.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Faklon View Post
    So, is this about abuse?

Do you consider simple fishing abuse as well? These small ugly fish also suffer before dying, would it be better if they died "peacefully" in the hands of some corporation?

From my romantic side, it's a shame that dolphins and whales are disappearing. There are many stories in romanticized antiquity about them and now you will be lucky if you see a dolphin in the Mediterranean, but I think that BP is a better target if there is someone to blame.

They also used to hunt them with the trident.
    I'm a bit more extreme about this than the average person as I don't eat meat and extremely very rarely eat fish. Last time was well over 6 months ago that I had some tuna. I eat cheese and have milk and I hate what happens to Bobby calves. Of course there are people that are militant about animal rights as well. I try to not lecture as I do think people have to decide for themselves. I don't want sharks killed either and I live in a place where people are taken by sharks. No one is going to convince me that this slaughtering of dolphins is excusable. Bringing up all the other incidents of how people treat animals isn't an excuse for any of it.

I stopped eating meat after seeing how cows that were shipped from Australia to Indonesia were cruelly slaughtered. That was over 10 years ago. Seeing a big bull tremble in fear after seeing other bulls and cows slaughtered has never left my mind. I couldn't watch the majority of what was released to the media here. It was stomach churning stuff. The Australian Government did stop exporting to Indonesia until they sent over representatives to make sure there was more humane practices. There has been numerous campaigns to get the live animal export trade stopped because of how they are slaughtered in places like the Middle East and Asia. It's a difficult subject. I don't like what happens to pigs, chickens, cows etc. And no it was not hundreds of dolphins per year for food but near 1,500 in one day and they won't be using all that meat. Most of it will be disposed of. The dolphins were subjected to a horrific ordeal for hours. This can't be made better by making excuses for extreme cruelty to highly intelligent beings.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,946

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Scandinavian countries even have animal farming for fur (and Denmark killed all mink during covid). Disgusting subhumans. So this is nothing new. Just tired of people putting these recently rich societies on pedestal for civilisation.
    North Europeans are total beasts and very hypocrite. Instead of looking at themselves they focus on others to cover their own shit.

British for example extinguished wolves, bears, lynx and ravens in UK, and almost the American buffalo. Yet they are the main foreigners to criticize the bullfighting.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2023 @ 03:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Karaboğa (euryprosopic, platyrrhine, dolichocephalic)
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,862
    Given: 2,946

0 Not allowed!

This is from The Times so are they wrong?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...-day-h8wdjbm7t
    That's a different article from this year, but the OP's article was from 2019.

It was just someone's guess that they wouldn't be able to use the meat:

But one local told the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet that there was no way that locals would want to consume this much dolphin meat.

"My guess is that most of the dolphins will be thrown in the trash or in a hole in the ground," they said. "We should have quotas per district, and we should not kill dolphins."

Do they even dispose of dolphins by throwing them in the trash or by digging holes in the ground? In an article like this, they probably try to cherrypick comments that made the hunters look bad, regardless of how factually accurate they are. And even in the case that some expert said that it wasn't wasteful and that they'll be able to use all of the meat, someone like that wouldn't be quoted by The Guardian.

The OP's article said that 1,194 pilot whales were caught in the 2017 hunting season in Faroe Islands, and the weight of a typical adult long-finned pilot whale is listed as about 800 kg by Wikipedia. So 1194*800 kg of pilot whales would weigh about a thousand tons.

What they killed in the recent hunt were white-sided dolphins, whose full-grown weight is listed as about 200 kg by Wikipedia. And 1,500*200 kg would be only 300 tons.

But I don't know, maybe they don't eat as much dolphin as whale, or maybe there's some regulations that make it harder to sell dolphin meat than whale meat. Anyway, in a more traditional society, people wouldn't have been that picky about what they eat, and Mongoloids would have been glad to receive your surplus supply of all kinds of sea creatures, no matter how smart or cute. If the meat they caught ends up being wasted, then it's the fault of progress.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    North Europeans are total beasts and very hypocrite. Instead of looking at themselves they focus on others to cover their own shit.

British for example extinguished wolves, bears, lynx and ravens in UK, and almost the American buffalo. Yet they are the main foreigners to criticize the bullfighting.
    It doesn't matter where they are from but just shows how barbaric many people are whether they be Chinese, Scandinavians, British or Spanish. The fox hunting should be banned as well. Too many wankers getting off on cruelty to animals.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,901
    Given: 4,814

2 Not allowed!

When a Dolphin is killed in the Aegean there is a riot in Athens in so much where news outlets go wild.

Dolphins are an endangered species.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,946

1 Not allowed!

It doesn't matter where they are from but just shows how barbaric many people are whether they be Chinese, Scandinavians, British or Spanish. The fox hunting should be banned as well. Too many wankers getting off on cruelty to animals.
    Yes, it does matter. Spaniards are not saints (we are gods, which is even above) but we dont go for the life critizicing what others do in their own countries. If they want to extinguise all the animal life, it is ok for us.

This being said you can not compare bullfighting with all these massacres, either from foxes, whales, dolphins, whatever. People HAVE TO UNDERSTAND, that the fighting bull would not exist, LITERALLY, if was not by bullfighting. Their meat is bad, and it is a super expensive animal to cost their lives.

The fighting bull passes ALL HIS LIFE living like a king (in green pastures fucking cows and doing nothing else) except his last 20 minutes, where he has the chance of fighting and he is honored even when dead.

How someone can compare this with such massacres?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information