Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Piragibe View Post
    Even today, a widespread view persists that the black presence in Rio Grande do Sul was small.[9] However, historical data refutes this idea: between 1780 and 1807, the percentage of the slave population in Rio Grande ranged between 28 and 36%. In 1819, 30.6% of the population of Rio Grande do Sul was slaves, a percentage almost identical to that of Bahia (30.8%) and greater than in Pernambuco (26.5%) and Rio de Janeiro (28.6%). historically considered slaves.[10] Although there was migration of captives in the 19th century, the population of color remained large in the state: between 1872 and 1873, slaves were possibly about 22% of the inhabitants and blacks and browns 34% of the total population.[9] Enslaved Africans and African descendants were taken to the territories of what is now Rio Grande do Sul since the initial moments of the Portuguese-Brazilian occupation of the coast, in the beginning of the 18th century. This process was accelerated with the production of wheat and then beef jerky, from 1780 onwards. Pastoral and urban production also relied heavily on the work of enslaved blacks. Initially, enslaved Africans in Rio Grande do Sul were brought in large numbers from the coast of present-day Angola, generally from the port of Rio de Janeiro.[11] Rio Grande has always remained a captaincy and province with a strong enslaved population, having known a strong export of captives born in the South to São Paulo, in the second half of the 19th century. A singular fact in the demographic process of Brazil, the enslaved population of Rio Grande continued to expand, even after the end of the transatlantic traffic of enslaved workers, in 1850. The resistance of enslaved workers in Rio Grande do Sul was also very strong, through systematic escapes, with emphasis on the period of the Farrapos War, formation of small quilombos, resistance to work, organization of insurrections.[12]

I think he asked about today, not about the 18th century, you should know what happened to most blacks in Rio Grande do Sul.

But answering his question, the black population of Rio Grande do Sul is 8%, the majority is in the capital Porto Alegre and cities like Pelotas, and a black person from Rio Grande do Sul as from all over Brazil is already quite mixed, an example black from Rio Grande do Sul is the former Football player Ronaldinho, and it is quite visible how Ronaldinho already has high degrees of mixtures.

Piragibe

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I think he asked about today, not about the 18th century, you should know what happened to most blacks in Rio Grande do Sul.

But answering his question, the black population of Rio Grande do Sul is 8%, the majority is in the capital Porto Alegre and cities like Pelotas, and a black person from Rio Grande do Sul as from all over Brazil is already quite mixed, an example black from Rio Grande do Sul is the former Football player Ronaldinho, and it is quite visible how Ronaldinho already has high degrees of mixtures.
    Bagé Also.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Ronaldhino looks like a light griffe or simply a griffe-leaning mulatto when he doesn't have a deep tan especially.

Piragibe

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    Ronaldhino looks like a light griffe or simply a griffe-leaning mulatto when he doesn't have a deep tan especially.
    Tô me he looks more like a triracial than Mulatto.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Piragibe View Post
    Tô me he looks more like a triracial than Mulatto.
    I got curious and googled his parents. The dad looks triracial with high African and the mom like a textbook griffe. So you might be right now that you point it out. I still think the native isn't visible for him to be called triracial. But that it's just me.

The truth is somewhere out Sandis's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 08:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic, Finno-Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Country
    Latvia
    Politics
    Anti-imperialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,628
    Given: 1,115

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    For me he looks like a Mulatto. I compared him to Pascal Martinot-Lagarde who is 1/2 SSA, 1/2 European.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandis View Post
    For me he looks like a Mulatto. I compared him to Pascal Martinot-Lagarde who is 1/2 SSA, 1/2 European.
    That's the thing with a lot of genetically balanced mulattoes that they will resemble more their SSA side. Others come out looking like their white parents but covered in mocha.

Pascal is lighter skinned than Ronaldinho though. That already makes him more mixed IMO. I still consider both griffe or griffe-leaning in phenotype due to their strong negroid features.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works