View Poll Results: Do you believe Romanians are descended from Daco-Romans?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 66.67%
  • No

9 33.33%
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daco-Roman Continuity Theory Makes No Sense!

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2021 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,410
    Given: 27,480

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Not at all.
    By the way, I see disguised Slavophobia often in your posts. It is not hard to notice that.

You can see Slavophobia anywhere , how can you treat Sandis as some Slavophob just because he is from Latvia, which would fit your agenda that "muh all Balts don't like Slavs at all"
    You are Croatophobic thus Slavophobic and everyone who lurks threads connected to Croatia and Serbia could see this hate through your posts especially when you discuss with Stearsolina and now you're the one to use this term.
    It's just disgusting and pathetic

Last Online
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,415
    Given: 11,418

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Satem View Post
    You can see Slavophobia anywhere , how can you treat Sandis as some Slavophob just because he is from Latvia, which would fit your agenda that "muh all Balts don't like Slavs at all"
    You are Croatophobic thus Slavophobic and everyone who lurks threads connected to Croatia and Serbia could see this hate through your posts especially when you discuss with Stearsolina and now you're the one to use this term.
    It's just disgusting and pathetic
    South Slavic wars and conflicts is not bussiness anyone outside this area. You cant accuse as Slavophobic - a Slavic speaker, and autosomally mostly Slav.

And btw for me Serbdom is the most important, Slaviciness not so much.

I will get nice with my neighbours Romanians, with whom I share probably more than with your northerners, you go with your Latvians and Lithuanians. Deal.
    🔴🔵⚪

Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 2.0944% / 0.02094437
    60.0 Slavic:RUS_Sunghir_MA
    23.0 Paleobalkanic:MKD_Anc
    17.0 Byzantine:TUR_Marmara_Balikesir_Byz

The truth is somewhere out Sandis's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 08:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic, Finno-Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Country
    Latvia
    Politics
    Anti-imperialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,628
    Given: 1,115

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Albanologist Kaplan Resuli Burović claim Baltic origin of proto-Albanians, he use similar words in Albanian and Lithuanian as evidence for that https://archive.org/stream/KaplanBur...nians_djvu.txt
    According to Burović proto-Albanians in ancient time migrated from Baltic sea to Carpathians where they were shepherds, and lived near romanized Dacians.
    Interesting, but with this theory one problem is that modern Albanians have zero ydna hg N, if migration occured after Siberian expansion.
    Anyway i think that Albanians were too much mentioned in this thread and we must focus more on Romanians.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2021 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,410
    Given: 27,480

1 Not allowed!

South Slavic wars and conflicts is not bussiness anyone outside this area. You cant accuse as Slavophobic - a Slavic speaker, and autosomally mostly Slav.
    Well, no
    One word - oikophobia

Autosomaly Slav? Just cringe, Slavic is a linguistic term.
    For example people from North Macedonia have genetically less in common with Slovaks than Hungarians but that's the first ones being called Slavic, know why? Cause Slavic is a linguistic term first and foremost. There was never such a thing like Slavic identity, there were always some tribes which got split and after centuries formed ethnicities we know today

And btw for me Serbdom is the most important, Slaviciness not so much.

I will get nice with my neighbours Romanians, with whom I share probably more than with your northerners, you go with your Latvians and Lithuanians. Deal.
    Good, then I don't get why did you quoted Sandis like that. He said in the same post that Balto-Albanian theory is pretty much doubtful so you both have same opinion on that

Last Online
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,582
    Given: 4,612

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandis View Post
    I wouldn't use this term because many Slavs are my friends.
    Yes, we don't have much common with Serbs. But some genetic studies (Zgonjanin et al. (2017)) show that Northern Serbs have 7.2 pct y-DNA haplogroup N, and i wonder how it got there because Hungarians and Croats have lower values. Maybe it was brought by Turkic tribes, but Hungarians had greater impact from nomadic tribes.
    I don't believe this Albanian theory and never trust speculations without clear evidence, but i can check different views, because history books sometimes lied, and now we have genetics not only archeology.

And gene flow and language migrations are 2 different things. Ancient Albanian speakers probably were not swarthy at all.
    Serbs have N2-FGC28435 https://www.yfull.com/tree/N-FGC28435/

The highest amount of this haplogroup have western Serbs - from western Bosnia, Lika and northern Dalmatia.

From Bosniak dna project https://bosnjackidnk.com/n2-y6503/
    Modern distribution of branch N2-P189.2 in area of Atay, as well as discovery of the paternal haplogroup N2-Y6503 in the are of culture Mezőcsát in Pannonian plain and in late neolithic Botai culture in central Asia, suggests that the originally was area of Botai culture which stretched over a wide steppe area south of Ural. At the and of Indoeuropean expansion from Pontic-Caspian steppes towards the Volga-Ural plain it's probably indoeuropenization of N2-P189.2 population from which Poltava archeological culture originated during the early Bronze Age within which the original core of proto-Indoiranian ethonogenesis was formed. Branch N2-P189.2 later from area of the forest-steppe region north of Caspian sea spread to Eastern Europe with Scythians...
    Presence of branch N2-P189.2 in area of Carpathians in eastern Slovakia and among Szekelys in northern Transylvania for now it can be best explained with Scythian presence on the western Black Sea coast where N2-P189.2 population according to the proposed migration track experienced so-called bottleneck effect during the second half of 1st millennium BC. On Scythians and other related Iranic people as potential candidates for the expansion of branch N2-P189.2 in Carpathians, Pannonia and further into western Europe indicates presence of branch N-Y111068 in western Russia, England and most important France through which the Alans passed (Iranic people related with Scythians) on their way to Iberian peninsula and northern Africa in the 5th century AD. Descendants of Carpatian and Danube Scythians and Sarmatian-Alan Roxolanes and Iazyges in Danube and Carpathian region are over a wider period from late antiquity to the middle age went through phases of romanization, germanization, slavization and magyarization. Given the presence of a branch N-P189.2 in eastern Slovakia and Transylvania and that the closest common ancestor (TMRCA) of all holders of western Balkan mutation N-Y6516>FT182494 and Szekely sample from Bukovina according to estimates YFull project lived 800 years ago indicates that this mutation has reached the western Balkans in late middle age. Because of common ancestor with Szekelys and presence in eastern Slovakia, provides and opportunity that this mutation came with Saxon miners via Transylvania and northern Hungary. Saxon miners settled in medieval Serbia in the time of rule king Uroš I (1243-1276), and from Serbia they later moved to Bosnia where they are recorded in 1339.
    The main focus of haplogroup N2-Y6503>Y6542>N.N189.2 in Dinaric region has been identified in areas Piva and Banjani in Old Herzegovina (modern western Montenegro), from where migrated towards the north and northwest during the Great Turkish War in 17th century and later in the time of Habsburg-Ottoman war 1737-39 when part of Orthodox population from Bosnia and Old Herzegovina migrated to regions which were under the Habsburg rule. The highest frequencies of this haplogroup analogous to the above migrations are among Serbs from Lika and northern Dalmatia which have about 8% of this haplogroup. The highest frequency of N-P189.2 among Bosniaks is in northwestern Bosnia... Krajina Serbs are the most typical representatives of haplogroup N2-Y6503 in the world.
    Last edited by Varda; 09-19-2021 at 01:13 PM.

The truth is somewhere out Sandis's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 08:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic, Finno-Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Country
    Latvia
    Politics
    Anti-imperialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,628
    Given: 1,115

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Satem View Post
    Well, no
    One word - oikophobia

Autosomaly Slav? Just cringe, Slavic is a linguistic term.
    For example people from North Macedonia have genetically less in common with Slovaks than Hungarians but that's the first ones being called Slavic, know why? Cause Slavic is a linguistic term first and foremost. There was never such a thing like Slavic identity, there were always some tribes which got split and after centuries formed ethnicities we know today
    Exactly, even modern Balts are not so monolithic by genetics and linguistics in smaller area. For example, influences from other language groups changed language sounding significinant, more than vocabulary.
    Looks like he wants to claim that term Slav is very monolithic, but at the same time doesn't want to be grouped with Croats and Northern Slavs.

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,860
    Given: 8,987

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandis View Post
    I wouldn't use this term because many Slavs are my friends.
    Yes, we don't have much common with Serbs. But some genetic studies (Zgonjanin et al. (2017)) show that Northern Serbs have 7.2 pct y-DNA haplogroup N, and i wonder how it got there because Hungarians and Croats have lower values. Maybe it was brought by Turkic tribes, but Hungarians had greater impact from nomadic tribes.
    I don't believe this Albanian theory and never trust speculations without clear evidence, but i can check different views, because history books sometimes lied, and now we have genetics not only archeology.

And gene flow and language migrations are 2 different things. Ancient Albanian speakers probably were not swarthy at all.
    All of the Serbian carriers of the haplogroup N belong to the clade N-P189.2. Its ancient origins are in East Asia and it was found in an ancient sample from modern-day Kazakhstan, but it doesn't exist among contemporary Asian people. Most of the carriers of that haplogroup are Serbs/Montenegrins and (a smaller percentage) of Bosniaks. Our closest relatives are a Hungarian from Romania and a Russian. It's also found among some western Europeans and Middle Easterners! I can only assume an ancient Indo-European wave brought it to Europe. The admins of the Bosniak DNA project attributed it to Scythians.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That guy Pravi Vlah is not on this forum.
    And how do you know he is not some Croat or Bosnian Muslim troll, not Romanian?

Most Romanians here are very nice and friendly.

Sorry, but you started to talk about their ethnogenesis, not they about ours.

And if they are your favorite neighboring nation, as you said, why do you relate them with Albanians?
    Noone want to be related with Albos.
    Everything is possible, but i doubt he is Croatian or Bosniak.
    In 2016 he open the thread Vlasi - balkanski fenomen (Vlachs - Balkan phenomenon). Thread currently has over 198K views, 143 pages, and Pravi Vlah is poster no1 with 659 posts. 90% of his posts are related with Vlachs and Romanians. His post on the threads related with Bosniaks and Croatians are very rare. He know Serbian pretty well and always use Cyrillic, but occasionally he makes a grammatical errors which are not typical for Croatians and Bosniaks.
    His presence on Krstarica is classical political activism.

Certain linguistic connection between Romanians and Albanians is really exist. It has nothing to do with politics.
    Last edited by Varda; 09-19-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-04-2023 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 172

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    No, they're not. Aromanians in Shopluk are recent migrants (19th century). They're mostly native to south Albania, north Greece, and some of North Macedonia (not the Shopi part though).
    You are wrong. Aromanians are not native of South Albania.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Roman speaking Balkanites never call themselves Vlachs. Term Vlach doesn't exist in their languages. They call themselves Români (Romanians), Rumâni (Vlachs of East Serbia), Rrâmânji/Armânji (Aromanians), Rumeri (Vlachs of Istria) etc.

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread Information