Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Irish or North Germans lighter?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,041
    Given: 43,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Damiăo de Góis View Post
    Germans appear to be blonder to me. I don't understand these big differences in skin tone people are talking about. I think genetically NW europeans have the same skin tone.
    Quite.

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,742
    Given: 3,217

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne7 View Post
    French aren't mostly type IV, only 31,8 % of them are.
    I meant to say it's the most dominant type, more people belong to type IV than to any other, which is very strange. But then again neither you or me know how they came up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne7 View Post
    The difference in skin color between Danes and Irish doesn't surprise me at all, Ireland receives much less sunlight than Denmark so it's only natural that its inhabitants are gonna be lighter. Irish have the highest frecuency of the MCR1 gene, which causes skin depigmentation. You're just getting tricked by the fact that Danes are much blonder than the Irish. It's not a secret that Scandos tan very well while the Irish usually just burn.
    Sunlight is very similar, Dublin is only slightly cloudier than Copenhagen. These skin tone differences between irish and scandinavians (supposedly huge) is not something i can see. For example Manchester United has had
    some scandinavian and irish players over the years and i don't think the irish players have lighter skin. Roy Keane and John O'Shea compared to Solskjaer and Schmeichel? Same applies to Jaap Stam for example.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian Italian, with distant Lebanese, Syrian and French ancestry
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,623
    Given: 1,539

0 Not allowed!

The Irish, though Germans are blonder

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,022
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

I meant to say it's the most dominant type, more people belong to type IV than to any other, which is very strange. But then again neither you or me know how they came up with that.

Sunlight is very similar, Dublin is only slightly cloudier than Copenhagen. These skin tone differences between irish and scandinavians (supposedly huge) is not something i can see. For example Manchester United has had
    some scandinavian and irish players over the years and i don't think the irish players have lighter skin. Roy Keane and John O'Shea compared to Solskjaer and Schmeichel? Same applies to Jaap Stam for example.

Go to tell that to those TA members who keeps Irish as ''super-humans'' or ''ultimately Europeans''.

I have few times showed these pictures (below). Another is Swede and another Irish. Actually Swede is one who looks more pale. That is obvious winter time (Christmas). Season influences. And nope, there is no Sun in Scandinavia by then. Especially if you go North. Irish etc. have no clue what Polar nights is (and same goes with 99% of TA's experts, incl. one from Belgium).

I agree that average levels Scandinavians might have (or carry) higher ''potential'' to tan (and less becoming red cooked crayfish which is more ugly, and which either will not look ''pale'' anymore!), but that counts only in summer (or if Scandinavians will travel to warm countries for holidays and spend 10h on beaches). Not as they live in their own countries up here. Basically you see that not here.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 09-26-2021 at 05:59 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,172
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

There is nothing strange there. France does have a Mediterranean racial component, especially the Southern French, so we should not be surprised to see type 4 being slightly more common. At the same, there is strong Celtic racial element in Brittany. This also seen in their relatively high frequency of type 1.
    This is why if you look at France, the following frequency is found:
    Type 4: 31.5%
    Type 3: 30.9%
    Type 2: 25.7%
    Type 1: 13.2%
    The frequency of skin type 1 is still higher than Scandinavian countries. Thus geographical location plays a role too.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Go to tell that to those TA members who keeps Irish as ''super-humans'' or ''ultimately Europeans''.

I have few times showed these pictures (below). Another is Swede and another Irish. Actually Swede is one who looks more pale. That is obvious winter time (Christmas). Season influences. And nope, there is no Sun in Scandinavia by then. Especially if you go North. Irish etc. have no clue what Polar nights is (and same goes with 99% of TA's experts, incl. one from Belgium).

I agree that average levels Scandinavians might have (or carry) higher ''potential'' to tan (and less becoming red cooked crayfish which is more ugly, and which either will not look ''pale'' anymore!), but that counts only in summer (or if Scandinavians will travel to warm countries for holidays and spend 10h on beaches). Not as they live in their own countries up here. Basically you see that not here.
    Oh please calm down! Overall, Scandinavians are much more likely to tan than the Irish by a mile. This is a fact. Nobody is saying that Scandinavians are Negroes either!! Ok, get your facts straight. Irish and Scandinavians are obviously Northern European people. It is just the ancestors of the Irish have evolved to be even lighter - skinned to the point where their skin could not even tan. The main reason for this are climatic ( gloomier days per year) and also diet. As it was advantageous to be so pale.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,022
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Oh please calm down! Overall, Scandinavians are much more likely to tan than the Irish by a mile. This is a fact. Nobody is saying that Scandinavians are Negroes either!! Ok, get your facts straight. Irish and Scandinavians are obviously Northern European people. It is just the ancestors of the Irish have evolved to be even lighter - skinned to the point where their skin could not even tan. The main reason for this are climatic ( gloomier days per year) and also diet. As it was advantageous to be so pale.
    I said ''potential''.

Opposite Irish people have greater potential to become ''reddish''. If they stay under Sun same hours as Scandinavians might do on the beaches of Ibiza, Mallorca, Rhodos, Canarian Islands .... they either will not then stay PALE! Actually burned red skin will look darker (= more easy to notice) than bit tanned skin. I know that personally (so for me anyway).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The climate which favors the development of pale skin at the maximum is not the icy polar climate of the far - north, where snow reflects sunlight in the summer. Rather it is the cloudy and temperate climate like that of the British Isles.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The climate which favors the development of pale skin the most, is not the icy polar climate where snow reflects sunlight in the summer. Rather, it is the cloudy and cool temperate climate like that of the British Islands which favors it the most. And for this same reason, the Inuit or Eskimos, people living in the far - north are relatively darker - skinned, protection in the skin against harsh sunlight is still beneficial there.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The topic was about Northern Germans, why is it that you and some other people are bringing Scandinavians into this?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information