Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,596
    Given: 48,325

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    Many do not think that the heyday of science suspiciously coincided with the Renaissance (of Antiquity) and the denial of Christianity. And the more religion there is in the society, the less science in the society. Therefore, it is so bad with science among Muslims, and Orthodox countries lag behind Protestant and even Catholic countries in development.

Russia was saved in this regard not only by the non-acceptance of Christianity at a deep level, but as the official structure of the ROC preserved the 300-year lag in the development of the social structure in the Russian Empire, which in fact led to the revolution, when for the survival of our civilization it was necessary to harshly overturn the system and hide the brake (ROC) under the skirting board. Only in this way did we manage to catch up, and somewhere overtake the advanced countries. Now this brake is being imposed on us again.

BUT, something very backbone have been lost.

From my point of view of an agnostic, not all 10 Commandments are unequivocally the basis for morality, out of the first four, three can be easily circumvented - well, why should I honor the Sabbath day, am I Jew or what?

Nevertheless, as an agnostic, I can well accept the version that God took Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart to heaven right in the process of writing the strongest part of his strongest piece of music (and one of the strongest in its impression on the listener), because he went too far, revealing with his talent what may be too early to reveal or did not need to be done at all.

I would venture to say that 1) atheists cannot write such music. 2) atheism, with all due respect to the achievements of science, essentially "killed" art and literature. Such music, or artists of the level of "The Last Supper" by Leonardo, will no longer exist. Until the dominance of atheism is replaced by something else.
    Atheists have nothing so powerful and huge that they could sing in chorus and play such music about.

For example, we have only the Victory in 1945 left. But this kind of music (Mozart) will not suit it. Yes, and the fate of all Victories is the same: they go back into the depths of the centuries and cool down, becoming, albeit respected, but calmly perceived gray-haired antiquity.
    So first was Christ, then was Gagarin (~XX century). There was such a conjuncture. Not in spite of, but thanks to it. And so all this powerful wave degenerated into foam drying up on the shore. And this foam has no prospects, except how it will be washed away by a new wave.
    I don't think Da Vinci himself was particularly religious, he could have even been an atheist.

He was gay too.

Inactive
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 11:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,730
    Given: 5,555

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I don't think Da Vinci himself was particularly religious, he could have even been an atheist.

He was gay too.
    The case when a person can be called a respected gay, and not a dirty fag.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Balto-Alpinid
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,554
    Given: 1,077

0 Not allowed!

I don't believe in god, but admit that faith gives strength to many people.
    Some people need religion; it gives them meaning.
    But the church has far too much influence in my opinion.
    Blue eyed honey in the sun
    Warm, wet and on the run
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run,....
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information