View Poll Results: Hinduism or Christianity, which religion do you find more interesting?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hinduism

0 0%
  • Christianity

3 100.00%
  • Both equal

0 0%

Thread: Hinduism or Christianity, which religion do you find more interesting?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-12-2023 @ 01:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Silverback
    Ethnicity
    Silverback MTB
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Sudsinid + slight Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 37

0 Not allowed!

Default Hinduism or Christianity, which religion do you find more interesting?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

There is only one religion I find can be continuously and freely reformed without being removed from a central faith is Christianity, maybe I do not understand very much about hinduism, but I have to respect that religion since it gave birth to Buddhism, which is the best school of philosophy for me, better than any greco-roman and classical and modern philosopher and the sum of all human philosophers without Christianity. However, what is the distinguishing part of the west is not their philosophies, but Christianity alone. Greco-roman heritage could be as pedestrian as thai culture if not for the Christianity, any other cultures can be no better. For me Thailand is the climax of human civilization without christianity, any development beyond Thailand is due to Christianity. The entirety of modern civilization has no better substance than whatever Buddhism and Christianity togather have to offer. I have little to no interests in the religions which deal with creation more than actual nature of all things, to venerate something for creation is for the superstitious people, but to believe in whatever is left without being said and being understood is the real interesting thing of a religion. A religion tries to explain all things is always a specious thing, Buddhism without a god, and Christianity without a myth, therefore interesting.
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 10-17-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

I find religion interesting like I find Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology fascinating. It's kind of the same thing. As a mythology, Hindu stories are the best. Imagine the Bible stories played out by Dragon Ball Z characters and you get a feel for the imagery of their culture.

I actually find it fascinating like I would a story that started all stories. I enjoy religion when used in speculative fiction as well, it allows the author to take the lore of the world they have made and turn the creativity up. Often religion in these stories is more far-fetched than the main world itself.

Quote Originally Posted by butterburger View Post
    Hinduism or Christianity, which religion do you find more interesting?
    Hinduism is a culture more than a religion. No Hindu text/scriptures mention the term Hindu or Hinduism. Hinduism doesn't have any "prescribed" way and Hindus are therefore free to think of their god in a variety of ways.

Unlike in Abrahamic religions where God guards his status very rigidly ("... for I am a jealous god" or "thou shalt have no other gods before me" or "there is only one god and his name is Allah", etc.). These religions have made a big deal about how God will be eternally pissed if you dare think of Him in any way other than as prescribed in their holy books.

Different sects and lineages of Hindus disagree on many matters. Also there is no real dogma to some of these lineages. They believe that almost no one attains nothingness, that the grand majority of humanity is forced to live out endless reincarnations.

They seek after something for their entire lives that is automatic and require no effort on their part to obtain. It also dwells on a lot of vague concepts like "spiritual well-being" and "All things are God" and "everyone is spiritual", some sects only use the Gods to make a point but others believe a literal Elephant God they can talk to.

To a Hindu, it doesn't make a difference theologically how he chooses to regard this reality, whether through one god or another. He may have cultural reasons for preferring one "god" over another, or it may be a tradition in his family or community, but he doesn't think this is the only proper way, he doesn't dismiss other gods, he understands that they are all the same.

It's not a religion like Islam and Christianity where they seek to convert people of different races. It's primarily ethnic, however there are some Westerners that are into Hinduism.

The early ISKCON membership for instance was almost entirely of European ancestry with upbringings in the West, but locals are perceived to be distant from white devotees. And it was sufficiently effective to spread Hinduism over all of liberal West and to parts of Eastern Europe.

Spoiler!

The vast majority of white Hindus are far-left hippies that cherrypick only the parts that agree with their liberal-progressive intrinsic ideology. The rest are pagan far-right types that are into esoteric fascism/hitlerism (Julius Evola or Savitri Devi).

ISKCON theology comes from a tradition that wholly rejects Advaita. Hindu traditionalists from the school that views God as being personal are likely to admire ISKCON for its commitment to that philosophy and wholesale rejection of Advaita.

On the other hand, most Hindu traditionalists treat Hinduism as just another cultural characteristic of Indians and resent whites "using" it, not to mention the blunders made by ISKCON's leadership in failing to take safeguards to protect children at ISKCON-managed schools and, more broadly, turn a blind eye to certain leaders who acted unethically over the years (with most abuses occurring between 1970's and 1980's).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Thread Information