Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Faklon View Post
    Karelians are even robust in Greece.

Only war veterans can smoke them, don't believe the ads with Ostrobothnian girls.
    In my youth the strongest cigarette was green North State.

I believe in ads 😁

But here a typical Ostrobothnian girl

Always trying to come on your skin.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Or even more ... himself? Seriously I have hear that both Pasanen (and Loiri was it?) were pretty serious, boring men. Even unpleasant men face to face. So the only really fun man was the third one? The short and fat man. But he was baker, right? Not any kind of real/serious actor.

My mom has told me that Spede had tv show where was guests and they played different games. If Spede lost anybody, he always lost his temper
    Good thing Spede never lost.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Oh, Ostrobotnia is the best area in whole Finland . Just listening this 1:40 - 1:43.

''Vasan veri ei vapise eikä Kauhavan rauta ruostu''.
    Right?

If whole Finland would had been populated by Eastern Finns (tribes), I wonder would Finns fate had been same as Karelians. Pure physical strength is not all. In the end mental strength and strong will means more (if you face enemy much bigger than yourself)
    https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viljam_Pylk%C3%A4s

Tuntemattoman sotilaan kuuluisan kohtauksen, jossa Rokka tappaa noin 50 vihollista, esikuva oli Viljam Pylkkään konepistoolilla tuhoamat 83 vihollissotilasta Pertjärvellä. Asemasotavaihe alkoi JR 8:lle 1. helmikuuta 1942 Pertjärvellä Syvärin yläjuoksulla. Rintamalinja oli siellä yksittäisiä vartioasemia ja niiden välissä koskematonta metsää. Naapurirykmentti oli suomenruotsalainen JR 61 jossa palveli myös vapaaehtoisia sotilaita Ruotsista. Huhtikuun alussa neuvostoliittolaiset tekivät kovia hyökkäyksiä suomalaisten rintamalinjaa vastaan. Torjuttuaan konekiväärillään omaan asemaansa kohdistuneen hyökkäyksen Pylkäs sai määräyksen joukkueenjohtaja Einari Kokkoselta mennä auttamaan naapurirykmentin sotilaita.

Pylkäs otti mukaansa sotamies Kärkkäisen. Lumisessa maastossa lyhyillä syöksyillä Pylkäs ja Kärkkäinen etenivät JR 61:sen laitimmaiseen kenttävartioon. Tässä kohdassa hyökkäävät neuvostoliittolaiset joutuivat kahlaamaan rinnettä ylös syvässä lumessa. Pylkäs sai JR 61:sen sotilailta käyttöönsä Suomi-konepistoolin, ja Kärkkäinen useita vaihtolippaita. He syöksyivät ulommaiseen vartioasemaan. Sadat neuvostoliittolaiset hyökkäsivät ylös rinnettä jo aivan lähietäisyydellä. Pylkäs ampui konepistoolin ensimmäisen 40 patruunan lippaan tyhjäksi. Hyökkääjät kuitenkin kävivät raivoisasti eteenpäin. Pylkäs ampui konepistoolillaan lippaan toisensa perään. Pylkkään takana olevat sotilaat alkoivat tuoda ryömien lisää konepistoolin lippaita Kärkkäiselle, joka puolestaan antoi niitä Pylkkäälle.[9]

Sitten Pylkäs sai osuman neuvostoliittolaisen luodista, joka raapaisi pitkän haavan hänen päälakeensa, ja verta vuoti runsaasti. Tästä haavasta jäi hänelle arpi loppuelämäksi. Kärkkäinen aikoi lähteä nyt peräytymään, mutta Pylkäs kehotti häntä vain jatkamaan lippaiden täyttämistä. Konepistooliin tuli myös toimintahäiriö, mutta tällöin neuvostoliittolaiset olivat jo vetäytymässä. Konepistoolin piippu oli kuumentunut liikaa ja aiheutti häiriön, mutta se vaihdettiin ja Pylkäs jatkoi ampumista.

Kaikkiaan Viljam Pylkäs ampui Suomi-konepistoolillaan 17 lippaallista, 680 patruunaa. Taistelun aikana hän ampui 83 vihollista, lukumäärä varmistui kun etumaasto päästiin tutkimaan taistelun jälkeen. Pylkkäälle myönnettiin tästä taistelusta neljännen luokan vapaudenristi miekkojen kera 26. toukokuuta 1942. Saksan armeijan upseerit kuulivat tästä hyvin poikkeuksellisesta suorituksesta, ja niinpä Pylkkäälle myönnettiin myös Saksan armeijan rautaristi. Tämän kunniamerkin vastaanottoon hänet vietiin divisioonan komentaja kenraalimajuri Heiskasen autosaattueessa. Saksalainen kenraali Erfurth jakoi rautaristit, sillä tällöin myös kaksi kenraalia sai rautaristin.

http://finland-at-war.blogspot.com/2...am-pylkas.html

On 12th April 1942, the frontline has been relatively static in the Pertjärvi region. However, the lines were not solid dug in trenches as would appear later but more fluidly placed defensive points by both sides. Infantry Regiment 8 and Infantry Regiment 61 (a Swedish speaking Finnish regiment of some fame) were assigned to the sector and had set about creating a defensive line. The Soviets had decided to launch an attack that day and a fierce firefight erupted along the forests and fields of Pertijärvi. The flank of the 61st was being pushed hard and so Pylkäs was ordered to go assist with another soldier. As they made their way through the deep snow covered terrain, they came across a Soviet platoon attempting to move through the gap between the regiments.
    Here Pylkäs set himself up on a slight hill and ordered the other soldier, by the name of Kärkkäinen, to help with the reloading. Allowing for the gap to close, Pylkäs aimed his Suomi SMG and pulled the trigger. The Soviets were completely taken by surprise, attempting to scatter in the deep snow and return fire. One of these panicked shots hit Pylkäs in the head but luckily it was a graze and only stunned him for a few seconds, enough though that Kärkkäinen considered retreating. The firefight didn’t last long and the Soviets were soon forced to retreat, leaving many behind in their wake. The firing from the SMG left the snow black and melted, Pylkäs had used over 680 rounds as well as change the barrel of his weapon.

After everything had calmed down, the dead were counted and it was discovered that the field contained 83 dead Soviets. Pylkäs’ ambushed is credited with being the decisive factor that stopped the Soviets from achieving a breakthrough. He was awarded the Cross of Liberty 4th Class for his actions. His deeds reached the ears of the Germans and upon inspecting the sight, they awarded Pylkäs with the Iron Cross 2nd Class in August 1943.

https://www.ww2incolor.com/gallery/f...own-soldier%22

He was trained as machinegunner during his conscript military service (1933-1934) and served in this role during the Winter War, fighting in the ErP 6 (Seperate Battalion 6) "Karelian Battalion" considered as elite unit even though it had had regular infantry training. The battalion saw extremely heavy battles defending the Mannerheim Line at shores of Vuoksi river and Taipaleenjoki river, near places where Pylkäs and most of the battalion's men lived, so they were literally defending their homes. As machinegunner, Viljam had his own important role in repelling the continuous massive enemy assaults. During the war their battalion suffered casualties of over 400 men. Pylkäs lost his farm his home among the areas that Finland had to give to USSR in the peace treaty of 1940. In the Continuation War Viljam Pylkäs served in a machinegun company of Infantry Regiment 8, in same unit with young squad leader corporal Väinö Linna, future famous writer. In 1941, Pylkäs was promoted as corporal and awarded the 2nd and 1st class Medal of Liberty. In august of the same year he was given a squad of his own after the death of corporal Lehtonen ("Lehto" in the Unknown Soldier). The Infantry Regiment 8 reached it's objectives at Svir river in january 1942 and after the battles ended the regiment dug into defensive positions on february 1, starting the stationary warfare time of the regiment. The legendary event that Pylkäs is known for, occurred at Pertjärvi in April 1942 during the Soviet spring offensives at the river. The regiment was located in middle of wastelands of southern shore of Svir river where the line consisted of nothing but seperate outposts surrounded by the wilderness. On one morning of the april, after their platoon had repelled an attack, they heard yells for help and sounds of heavy gun fire from direction of neighboring regiment the Finnish-Swedish JR 61. The main attack was focused there. Platoon leader Einari Kokkonen ("Koskela" in Unknown Soldier) told Pylkäs to go see if they were leaving their positions. There was about 100 meters to the closest outpost of JR 61. Pylkäs grabbed Suomi SMG and took pvt.Kärkkäinen with him. As they approached the OP, a guard post's leader came at them yelling that the Russians were coming right onto them. Pylkäs realized the line wasn't going to hold, told to get him more SMG magazines and went to nearby LMG nest in a good spot.The Soviets were attacking already about 20 meters away as he opened fire. He emptied up magazine after another, the JR 61 soldiers crawled in the snow passing on more SMG magazines from the rear, giving them to Kärkkäinen who was refilling magazines for Pylkäs. He kept firing until the barrel overheated and was then replaced but as he continued firing the retreating enemies got out of range. Pylkäs fired 17 submachinegun magazines in total and 83 kills was later counted to his account. Even though Pylkäs was always excellent soldier in combat he never received the Mannerheim Cross because he had serious problems with the military discipline that he didn't appriciate and was therefor constantly in trouble with his superior officers. Nevertheless his actions brought him the 4th class Cross of Liberty with swords,and as Germans heard about this incident,he was also awarded the 2nd class Iron Cross. Later during the war he participated in repelling

Pylkäs was from same village as my grandfather, and remained one of his best buddies till the end. So what happened here is this, 61st Infantry Regiment shit their pants, and started fleeing in panic. However one Karelian man was able single-handedly to stop the Soviet offensive. The 61st Infantry Regiment was made up mainly of Finland-Swedes from Vaasa, Ostrobotnia. This means one Karelian equals a whole regiment of Finland Swedes from Vaasa Ostrobotnia. This is possible because there exists huge differences in spirits of men.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen View Post
    Good thing Spede never lost.

Oh, Youtube is nice place to search old things. I found one case, but by mother actually talked about skipping rope challenges and not this one.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pylkäs was from same village as my grandfather, and remained one of his best buddies till the end. So what happened here is this, 61st Infantry Regiment shit their pants, and started fleeing in panic. However one Karelian man was able single-handedly to stop the Soviet offensive. The 61st Infantry Regiment was made up mainly of Finland-Swedes from Vaasa, Ostrobotnia. This means one Karelian equals a whole regiment of Finland Swedes from Vaasa Ostrobotnia. This is possible because there exists huge differences in spirits of men.
    Harkonnen, you got me wrong. I do not blame that Eastern Finns would not be as wise, as brave or as strong. I think they are.

BUT ... there is one thing which in my understandings separate those two groups. Western Finns are more industrious. Perhaps more easy to take risks but also more active to try new things or over all start to do something. Eastern Finns needs to be lead to do that. If we compare economy structures of North Karelia (Finland) ... for example Joensuu area to Ostabothnia like Vasa area ... I think we can see this? And that's what I meant. Someone needed first to push/organize etc. Eastern Finns fight like they did ... and after that they surely did marvelous jobs individual levels.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

JR 61 fleeing at 1:44:12

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Harkonnen, you got me wrong. I do not blame that Eastern Finns would not be as wise, as brave or as strong. I think they are.

BUT ... there is one thing which in my understandings separate those two groups. Western Finns are more industrious. Perhaps more easy to take risks but also more active to try new things or over all start to do something. Eastern Finns needs to be lead to do that. If we compare economy structures of North Karelia (Finland) ... for example Joensuu area to Ostabothnia like Vasa area ... I think we can see this? And that's what I meant. Someone needed first to push/organize etc. Eastern Finns fight like they did ... and after that they surely did marvelous jobs individual levels.
    Total hogwash. Obviously people living closer to sea, important tradeports, and just higher population centers, tend to have more developed economies. Truth is, especially Savonian piällysmiehet are most industrious and lead almost everything in Finland. You do understand there's huge number of East Finns living in West Finland, trailblazing in almost every area of progress.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Total hogwash. Obviously people living closer to sea, important tradeports, and just higher population centers, tend to have more developed economies. Truth is, especially Savonian piällysmiehet are most industrious and lead almost everything in Finland. You do understand there's huge number of East Finns living in West Finland, trailblazing in almost every area of progress.
    A population center? A sea? Well, less than 250km from eastern border is a city where lives much more people than in whole Finland.

I see. Now I understand why I have seen few Ville Galle's looking Finns even in Ostrobothnia and not only Jare's (Joakim Brand).

I guess they have arrived from east.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 10-09-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A population center? A sea? Well, less than 250km from eastern border is a city where lives much more people than in whole Finland.

I see. Now I understand why I have seen few Ville Galles looking Finns even in Ostrobothnia. I guess they have arrived from east.
    Indeed, why the hell you think Viipuri was the most important economic center of Finland before the wars.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If Spede was such unpleasant man, how cum he banged every Miss Finland for about 30 years?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information