Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many Mexicans can easily pass in Brazil (and vice-versa)?

Last Online
    02-26-2024 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Latin
    Ethnicity
    Puerto Rican
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 60

0 Not allowed!

Default How many Mexicans can easily pass in Brazil (and vice-versa)?

Both are pretty diverse populations.
    However, the average Mexican has a lot more Native American admixture than the average mixed-race Brazilian (who in turn has a lot more African admixture than the average Mexican).

Furthermore, I think Mexicans of Native American descent tend to have different facial features than Brazilians of Native American descent.

White Mexicans of Iberian descent can probably easily pass as white Brazilians, but apart from that, what is the percentage of Mestizos who wouldn't look foreign in Brazil (and vice-versa)?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

I don't know but first came to this forum the first response from them was I look very Brazilian at first I was a bit confused since I don't have black ancestry at least enough to detect my appearance.

Also there's no such thing as average white/pardo Brazilian or white /mestizo Mexican all depends on the admixture of some.

I'm only 35% Amerindian but when I asked on Reddit to the Brazilian members how I will be seen there they said White which doesn't make sense to me, In Mexico and around Mexicans I'm just another mestizo

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 369

2 Not allowed!

Non Euro Brazilians are too SSA and pure Native Brazilians look different and more East Asian looking than Mesoamericans and are too few in numbers. While Mexico does not have much SSA and the main non Euro component is Native American. Culturally, Brazil is the epitome of New world rootless cosmopolitanism, with no ancient heritage, more sexually charge moores, is more influenced by modern Western culture and is very tropical mentally. Mexico culturally differs from brazil in that it has a strong Pre Columbian template (day of the dead, local festivals) and a sense that that they have ancient roots in the land in a way that the average Brazilians lack although Mexican is technically not an ethnicity. Also Western culture in Mexico is more old school, retaining some late Middle ages Castilian customs that died out even in modern EU Spain such as aggressive Machismo culture and obsessive control of female sexuality, sometime that is non existent in more liberal Brazil. Mexico seems to be more organic country than Brazil, probably the most old World like New World nation along with the Andean countries

Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese (North and Azores) Italian (Veneto) Native and SSA minor
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Non Euro Brazilians are too SSA and pure Native Brazilians look different and more East Asian looking than Mesoamericans and are too few in numbers. While Mexico does not have much SSA and the main non Euro component is Native American. Culturally, Brazil is the epitome of New world rootless cosmopolitanism, with no ancient heritage, more sexually charge moores, is more influenced by modern Western culture and is very tropical mentally. Mexico culturally differs from brazil in that it has a strong Pre Columbian template (day of the dead, local festivals) and a sense that that they have ancient roots in the land in a way that the average Brazilians lack although Mexican is technically not an ethnicity. Also Western culture in Mexico is more old school, retaining some late Middle ages Castilian customs that died out even in modern EU Spain such as aggressive Machismo culture and obsessive control of female sexuality, sometime that is non existent in more liberal Brazil. Mexico seems to be more organic country than Brazil, probably the most old World like New World nation along with the Andean countries
    An average Brazilian is not a 50/50 mulatto if that's what you're implying.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mexican American
    Ancestry
    Mostly Iberian and Amerindian/ 3% to 2% Scottish Miniscule African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Nevada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,631
    Given: 3,857

1 Not allowed!

Probably a 15-20% overlap between both populations

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hmaohma78 View Post
    Probably a 15-20% overlap between both populations
    Yeah, also on average have darker skin like some type of cope golden brown that type of skin pigmentation will be called black by majority of Mexicans

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin, Han
    Ethnicity
    Italian, 1/4 Chinese
    Ancestry
    Italian, an 1/8th Swiss German, a bit of Croatian, a bit of English, a bit of Spanish and a 1/4 Han
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J L25
    mtDNA
    H20a
    Taxonomy
    Alpine Med
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Giuseppe Garibaldi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,841
    Given: 3,090

1 Not allowed!

TBH I only think the whites in each country can pass in each other's countries.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Italicus View Post
    TBH I only think the whites in each country can pass in each other's countries.
    Brazilians have a very blurred vision of whiteness with us Is more strict because of the U.S Influence .

I remembered few years they were saying Miss 2010 Mexico was a white woman she's In seen and considered mestiza In Mexico...

You can find her phenotype among Central/West/North of the country.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin, Han
    Ethnicity
    Italian, 1/4 Chinese
    Ancestry
    Italian, an 1/8th Swiss German, a bit of Croatian, a bit of English, a bit of Spanish and a 1/4 Han
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J L25
    mtDNA
    H20a
    Taxonomy
    Alpine Med
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Giuseppe Garibaldi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,841
    Given: 3,090

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasien View Post
    Brazilians have a very blurred vision of whiteness with us Is more strict because of the U.S Influence .

I remembered few years they were saying Miss 2010 Mexico was a white woman she's In seen and considered mestiza In Mexico...

You can find her phenotype among Central/West/North of the country.

In Brazil, especially in the states of Sao Paulo, Minas Gerais and the South, there are millions of whites that are 90 percent European or more. That's a lot more than the rest of Latin America, excluding Argentina, Uruguay, Cuba and to a lesser extent Chile. I think they have a good idea on what's white and what's not. TBF she is pretty white passing, whether she is mixed or not. I'm only 75 percent European and I look Mediterranean as fuck. Genotype does not always equal phenotype.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Italicus View Post
    In Brazil, especially in the states of Sao Paulo, Minas Gerais and the South, there are millions of whites that are 90 percent European or more. That's a lot more than the rest of Latin America, excluding Argentina, Uruguay, Cuba and to a lesser extent Chile. I think they have a good idea on what's white and what's not. TBF she is pretty white passing, whether she is mixed or not. I'm only 75 percent European and I look Mediterranean as fuck. Genotype does not always equal phenotype.
    I don't doubt It my friend I don't , Amerindians are not pure mongoloid, as Chinese or other Asian groups so that could be many reasons why some people come out more European looking than what they truly are.

I'm sure this guy with the new update will be 46% European yet looks much European/Caucasoid than any 46% Euro Brazilian you simply won't find any to look as Caucasoid as him .

If this guy told me I'm 80% European and 20% Turkic I swear I will not questioned.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information