Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,032

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    There are a few, the biggest one is actually the LDS which is controversial for other reasons. They don't believe Jesus was the son of God, though, which is good enough for our purposes. There are quite a few Unitarian Churches, for example the Unitarian Church of Transylvania, which is 421 years old.
    The Mormons are also not real Christians, they believe in 3 gods. They believe Jesus is a god, and God the Father was once a man who became a god, and that we all can become gods. If you think that is Christianity, then I don't know.... then Christianity could be just another version of Judaism, and Baha'i could be Muslims or whatever. Mormons are not Christians. Just because they also use the Bible doesn't make them Christians.

Unitarians call their organisation a "church", but that doesn't mean they are Christians. The Church of Satan also use the term "church". But that doesn't make them Christians.

So to recap, in short, if an organisation is compliant with your Noahide laws, accepted by your rabbis in your interpretation thereof, then by definition they cannot be Christians.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2023 @ 03:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Karaboğa (euryprosopic, platyrrhine, dolichocephalic)
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,863
    Given: 2,946

1 Not allowed!

Jews openly say that gentiles who follow the Seven Noahide Laws will have a place in the World to Come, but they are cunningly leaving out the word "only" (https://www.newspapers.com/image/49937739):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_to_come:

According to the Talmud, any non-Jew who lives according to the Seven Laws of Noah is regarded as a Ger toshav (righteous gentile), and is assured of a place in the world to come, the final reward of the righteous.[5][6]

Reference 5 (https://www.sefaria.org/Mishneh_Tora..._and_Wars.8.11):

Anyone who accepts upon himself and carefully observes the Seven Commandments is of the Righteous of the Nations of the World and has a portion in the World to Come. This is as long as he accepts and performs them because (he truly believes that) it was the Holy One, Blessed Be He, Who commanded them in the Torah, and that is was through Moses our Teacher we were informed that the Sons of Noah had already been commanded to observe them. But if he observes them because he convinced himself logically[81], then he is not considered a Resident Convert and is not of the Righteous of the Nations of the World, but merely one of their wise.

The World to Come refers to the Jewish paradise on earth, and therefore unrighteous gentiles will have no place on the earth. From the book "The Jewish Utopia" by Michael Higger (1932) (http://libgen.lc/index.php?req=jewish+utopia+higger):

That the righteous should be the only ones entitled to all the bliss and happiness in the ideal world, one can easily infer from the glorious future which the rabbis picture for the just and upright in the world to come.
    The wicked, on the other hand, like tall towers, are obstructing the light from coming into the world. The unrighteous are the real enemies of God, and they will disappear before the appearance of the real light, the emblem of the ideal life on earth.[80] In the present era, the upright are humiliated. But in the millennium, the unrighteous will disappear as the grass that withers; while the righteous will walk with strength and pride.[81]
    This conception concerning the disappearance of the wicked in the ideal era may be traced likewise in the Apocryphal literature. One passage in the Book of Enoch reads thus: "In these days downcast in countenance shall the kings of the earth have become; and the strong who possess the land because of the works of their hands... . As lead in the water shall they sink before the face of the righteous, and no trace of them shall anymore be found." [82]
    There will be no room for the unrighteous, whether Jewish or non-Jewish, in the Kingdom of God. All of them will have disappeared before the advent of the ideal era on this earth.[84]
    In the words of Isaiah, "new heavens and a new earth would be created"[111]; while the earth will be emptied of the unrighteous, and the righteous will cleave unto God.[112]

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Komintasavalta View Post
    Jews openly say that gentiles who follow the Seven Noahide Laws will have a place in the World to Come, but they are cunningly leaving out the word "only"
    1) 'Jews openly say what I say they say, except they leave out words.' Aren't you embarrassed by your sheer, overt dishonest here? Just stop lying.
    2) Even if the author had put in the word 'only' it would just be their opinion, their reading.
    3) Even if your approach had logical consistency, quoting three (or realistically, more) different people to try to create a consistent narrative is dishonest at best. Those are three different opinions. You can't slice and dice and create a Frankenstein's Opinion of different parts of different opinions. And, even if you could, it would still be just one opinion amongst thousands.
    4) The irony, though, is that this is what Christians and Muslims actually believe. Non-believers burn forever. Jews do not believe that, at all but you do. Why are Christians so cut up about the idea that someone else thinks they will be punished (even though they won't be)? Their entire religion is based off this premise.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    01-15-2022 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Smally
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Centrism
    Religion
    Uninterested
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 106

0 Not allowed!

Let's say Islam or Christianity haven't been founded yet, what would the "noahides" do then?

@Longbowman I think it would be interesting if you answered this.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flub View Post
    Let's say Islam and Christianity haven't been founded yet, what would people do then?

@Longbowman I think it would be interesting if you answered this.
    Probably practise their own ancestral religions, or maybe one of the now-extinct or moribund monotheistic religions, like Manichaeism, Mandaenism, Samaritanism or Zoroastrianism, not that the ones of these that are still around readily accept converts.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    01-15-2022 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Smally
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Centrism
    Religion
    Uninterested
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 106

0 Not allowed!

Probably practise their own ancestral religions, or maybe one of the now-extinct or moribund monotheistic religions, like Manichaeism, Mandaenism, Samaritanism or Zoroastrianism, not that the ones of these that are still around readily accept converts.
    Are they proselytizing religions? What if you don't have a religion or you were pagan?

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flub View Post
    Are they proselytizing religions? What if you don't have a religion or you were pagan?
    Manichaeism was.

Most people would just be pagan still.

Last Online
    07-17-2023 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo Duplex
    Ethnicity
    All-None
    Country
    South-Korea
    Religion
    Fas
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 586
    Given: 738

0 Not allowed!

Manichaeism was.

Most people would just be pagan still.
    Yies, Manichaeist and Mithraist proselytism are largely responsible for the great spread of Christianity.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,032

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Donhueas View Post
    Yies, Manichaeist and Mithraist proselytism are largely responsible for the great spread of Christianity.
    No, the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    07-17-2023 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo Duplex
    Ethnicity
    All-None
    Country
    South-Korea
    Religion
    Fas
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 586
    Given: 738

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
    That's right. Long live Christ the King

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information