Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Ashkenazis as really Levantine as they say they are?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,426
    Given: 6,765

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheForeigner View Post
    Do you support a greater or whole Israel solution? I have thought in the past, what if Israel annexed the Palestinian territories and told Palestinians to choose between becoming Israeli citizens like the Israeli Arab citizens who are also Palestinians really or emigrate to Arab countries and become citizens there and integrate easily as Arabs. What do you think of this? I know some Israelis and other Jews want this.
    You ask how to best to expel or subjugate people from their ancestral homelands?

I suggest to consider what exactly you actually are talking about. Obviously there has been so much propaganda that this is not done anymore.

What would be the best way to deal with Romanians? Let them be subjugated citizens of a Szekely state or expel them to Moldavia where they could easily integrate?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,065
    Given: 3,120

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    She actually looks Jewish. I do understand to north African or Arab this is northern European look. But with black hair and brown eyes she will look similar to other brunet Jewish people from her community.
    hahaha holy sh!t the level of dishonesty here and Defcon isn't even NA/arab.

she absolutely doesn't look "jewish" :

She looks even more european than 3/4 of euro users on this site. This again show how biased you are.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,708
    Given: 8,357

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    You ask how to best to expel or subjugate people from their ancestral homelands?

I suggest to consider what exactly you actually are talking about. Obviously there has been so much propaganda that this is not done anymore.
    No, I was asking if she thinks it's a good idea. The idea is for them to become citizens of Israel like Israeli Arabs(of Palestinian origin) did or go of their own free will to Arab countries where they will fit in very well. I suspect Christians would generally stay for instance. I know overwhelming majority are Muslims but so are Israeli Arabs who are Palestinians who stayed in Israel and became citizens of it.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    That is false again, I'm not defending anyone. Saying Jews have Middle Eastern ancestry does not mean defending them. That's just a fact. But if you want my personal opinion, those Christian Levantines are the true natives of the land because I simply consider the other religions false or superceded. According to Orthodox (or just "classic") Christianity, not the American evangelical nonsense, the Church of Christ is the new Israel because the New Covenant was made with all of humanity, not just one group of people. However, this sort of discussions has nothing to do with genetics.
    And who denied these jews had middle eastern ancestry ? Thanks.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 10:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,592
    Given: 8,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    And who denied these jews had middle eastern ancestry ? Thanks.
    You call them European and say they look pan-European or something like that. I disagree with that.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    African Americans weren't assimilated. They're still African Americans. They do have the right to claim their West African ancestry, but that doesn't mean that they're West Africans the same way West Africans living in West Africa are West Africans.

The culture you do belong to is what matters in the end because like I said, most humans are descended from multiple ancient tribes; it's the aspects of their people's history that they retain that matters. Even if Palestinians were genetically 100% Ancient Israelite, it wouldn't matter because they never really claimed the Ancient Israelites and their culture and language and practices afaik, but Ashkenazim always did. For 3,000+ years. Even before we became Ashkenazim and were just Jews.

Like I said, I only ever see people claiming that Palestinians are Ancient Israelites in order to discredit Jewish connection to the land. It doesn't seem like anyone claimed that Palestinians were Ancients Israelites before modern Israel, but I could be wrong.

It doesn't matter whom you consider more indigenous, but the fact is that if traditions and claims to ancestry had long been forgotten, then you don't belong to those people anymore. By your logic, your average white American with some native American ancestry could claim many European and native American tribes as their people.

african americans literally only speak english, dress the same as other white americans, same gastronomy, etc but yes "weren't assimilated" lmao. And no most humans do not descend from multiple "ancient tribes" do not project your case on us, I'm genetically similar to my ancestors who lived 2K years ago. And my ancestors had different cultures : berber, punic, roman, arab, etc it doesn't mean I should view them as foreigners or erase them from my lineage but what didn't change throughout all these millenias ? That's right our genomes and phenotypes.

Meanwhile your case is different you only kept religion (not culture) but all the rest changed therefore no you aren't similar to ancient hebrews nor are you indigenous to palestine.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    You call them European and say they look pan-European or something like that. I disagree with that.
    Yes since most of them look european and are genetically mostly european.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Palestinians are mixed as well, they aren't unchanged ancient Judeans who converted to Islam. They have other ancestries like Egyptian, Bedouin, even in some cases Turkish or Bosnian muslim as I believe you already mentioned.
    It's not comparable to how jews changed and how heterogeneous modern jews are.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 10:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,592
    Given: 8,909

0 Not allowed!

It's not comparable to how jews changed and how heterogeneous modern jews are.
    Most Jews are in Israel and the U.S. In Israel Sephardim are mixing with Ashkenazim (I'd love to see some recent statistics on the intermarriage rates) and in America they are mixing with whites and sometimes even non-whites.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,708
    Given: 8,357

1 Not allowed!

Yes since most of them look european and are genetically mostly european.
    Jews have never been considered in Europe or anywhere else just another European group and not just because of religion. You speak nonsense. Not to mention that a large part of their ancestry is Israelite. Who are you and these other muzzie radicals to know better than scientists who studied their dna?!

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread Information