Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-trans views are worryingly prevalent and disproportionately harmful, community and experts warn

Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 05:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,121
    Given: 1,884

0 Not allowed!

Default Anti-trans views are worryingly prevalent and disproportionately harmful, community and experts warn

Anti-trans views are worryingly prevalent and disproportionately harmful, community and experts warn

07/11/2021

Members of transgender and non-binary communities say they're seeing concerning signs that transphobic ideology is worsening in Canada.

Anti-trans sentiments are not new to the country, but several factors make this moment in time fraught, say activists and educators. That's despite the fact that the federal government moved to protect the rights of transgender people in 2017 with the passing of Bill C-16, which made gender identity and expression a protected human rights category.

"The climate for trans people has improved in the last decade very considerably, but we're definitely starting to feel some of those waves of anti-trans activism that have really taken hold in the United Kingdom and in the United States in recent years," said Travers, a professor of sociology at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, B.C, who goes by one name.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/anti-...nada-1.6232947

POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) être libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Let's not go that far...we can just see the attittude againts certain TA memebers

Although I'm far being an Trans supporter my thoughts are neutral, I really don't care what they do with their lives it's their lives at the end.

Last Online
    06-18-2023 @ 05:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/Scottish/German
    Ancestry
    46% British, 20% Scottish, 15% Irish, & some German—very distant: Swedish, Russian, Iberian Pe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid with CM influence (Brunn & Anglo-Saxon) and Dinarid influence
    Politics
    Republican
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 113

0 Not allowed!

I may not agree with their life style choice but I’ve never felt any anger or hostility which is what the trans community is concerned about. I have worked with two trans persons in the past and while I didn’t agree with their choices, I still was friendly with them and enjoyed working with them. I didn’t feel uncomfortable. They are just people like anyone else but I just can’t say I condone it but I keep it to myself.
    I myself have not heard any stories on the news about hostility towards trans persons but it is too bad that some have experienced it.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-07-2022 @ 08:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ancestry
    Various Mandalorians and tuang
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    J-L283 [Mandallian Giant] Proto Illyrian
    mtDNA
    Tuang C1B2
    Taxonomy
    Taxed, true mandalorians never removes their helmet
    Hero
    Mandalore the first, Han Yolo, Mr. T., Rodrigo Roa Duterte
    Religion
    The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

They drove dave chapelles trans friend to suicide and then called dave transphobic.

Det Nordiske Råd™approved Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of SNPA"

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    nordish
    Ethnicity
    american
    Taxonomy
    homo sapiens nordensis
    Politics
    reality>reason>rights
    Religion
    no beliefs - knowledge
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,648
    Given: 6,678

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasien View Post
    Let's not go that far...we can just see the attittude againts certain TA memebers

Although I'm far being an Trans supporter my thoughts are neutral, I really don't care what they do with their lives it's their lives at the end.
    Don t lie.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Don t lie.
    Why would I be ? Most straight looking gay guys like me are attracted to other masculine guys, you clearly don't know how In the gay community works trans women have a hell hard time both by society and gay community.

Mean while I do have a certain appreciation towards trans men who look like MEN, not queers flamboyants or tomboys.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,919
    Given: 4,818

1 Not allowed!

Don't care - just dont want to read about these discrepits all the time. Don't want my kids to think it's normal to practice any gender you see fit and miss out on whats important in life

Banned
    Last Online
    12-18-2021 @ 07:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germaic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Swiss-German, English
    Country
    Switzerland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 54

0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't give trans any rights because trans things are literally not humans.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,479
    Given: 28,940

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PHDNM View Post
    Anti-trans views are worryingly prevalent and disproportionately harmful, community and experts warn

07/11/2021

Members of transgender and non-binary communities say they're seeing concerning signs that transphobic ideology is worsening in Canada.

Anti-trans sentiments are not new to the country, but several factors make this moment in time fraught, say activists and educators. That's despite the fact that the federal government moved to protect the rights of transgender people in 2017 with the passing of Bill C-16, which made gender identity and expression a protected human rights category.

"The climate for trans people has improved in the last decade very considerably, but we're definitely starting to feel some of those waves of anti-trans activism that have really taken hold in the United Kingdom and in the United States in recent years," said Travers, a professor of sociology at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, B.C, who goes by one name.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/anti-...nada-1.6232947

I think it is because Trans groups like Stonewall are eroding the rights of women by pushing trans men into places like women's prisons, rest rooms and safe places. Many of these "trans" people still have male appendages. Also they are harassing a lot of women who are speaking up about the dangers to women's rights and the push to make women disappear from the English language by using terms such as "persons with a cervix" and "pregnant people". Trans women (i.e. biological males) shouldn't be able to compete in female sports.

Look where this stuff is going? Trans people are being put in women's prisons including sex offenders. Transgender prisoners are 5 times more likely to carry out sex attacks on inmates than other prisoners are.

There are cases like this below. He was put in a female prison.

Karen White, a child abuser who dressed as a woman but was still legally a man, was jailed for life in 2018 for sexually assaulting two prisoners at HMP New Hall and the rape of a woman while he was outside jail.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...icts-cx9m8zqpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-45825838

I also think it is unfair that someone like Caitlyn Jenner was named Woman of the Year. There are women far more deserving of this sort of recognition.

It's not only batty but some of this stuff is dangerous.

I don't mind if someone wants to be trans but not when they want to change hard fought legislation that women have campaigned and worked tirelessly for generations.

Prof Kathleen Stock was harassed so much that she resigned from her position at the University of Sussex.

Just over a week ago, Kathleen Stock resigned from her post as professor of philosophy at the University of Sussex, following a relentless three-year campaign of bullying, harassment and character assassination. Students at the university, outside activists and even some of her own colleagues had accused the 48-year-old of transphobia and agitated for her to be fired.

In the end, it was Stock who decided that her position at the university near Brighton where she had worked for almost two decades was untenable.
    https://www.ft.com/content/9504baa4-...5-04d24f19f2b6

She is the author of this book.

Material Girls: Why Reality Matters for Feminism Paperback – 11 May 2021

Material Girls is a timely and trenchant critique of the influential theory that we all have an inner feeling known as a gender identity, and that this feeling is more socially significant than our biological sex.
    Professor Kathleen Stock surveys the philosophical ideas that led to this point, and closely interrogates each one, from De Beauvoir's statement that, 'One is not born, but rather becomes a woman' (an assertion she contends has been misinterpreted and repurposed), to Judith Butler's claim that language creates biological reality, rather than describing it. She looks at biological sex in a range of important contexts, including women-only spaces and resources, healthcare, epidemiology, political organization and data collection.
    Material Girls makes a clear, humane and feminist case for our retaining the ability to discuss reality, and concludes with a positive vision for the future, in which trans rights activists and feminists can collaborate to achieve some of their political aims.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Material-G.../dp/0349726612
    Last edited by Grace O'Malley; 11-08-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information