Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Altaic" people originate in modern-day East China - new groundbreaking study

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 10:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,592
    Given: 8,909

0 Not allowed!

So the proto-Turkics basically moved westwards from the Far East to the Altai mountains and Northern Mongolia and then mixed with Indo-Europeans from Western Eurasia? Otherwise I don't know how to explain the hapa-like Göktürks from 500 AD.

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,269
    Given: 4,558

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    So the proto-Turkics basically moved westwards from the Far East to the Altai mountains and Northern Mongolia and then mixed with Indo-Europeans from Western Eurasia? Otherwise I don't know how to explain the hapa-like Göktürks from 500 AD.
    Going by Kaspias comment, not "proto-Turkics" but part of founding people and roots of the language. There are things definitely coming from Indo-Europeans which are R1, J2 HGs and nomadic pastoralism.

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Birthplace of mankind (Hyperborean J2 factory - Atlantis)
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    Sumer-Hyperborea-Altai (J2)
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,106
    Given: 3,279

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelubey View Post
    In fact, we are very close to a situation where we can test the hypothesis of the East Asian origin of the Turks.
    The only archaeological culture in Asia that can claim to be proto-Turkic is the culture of Slab graves: mongoloid, nomadic in the Iron Age. The right time,place,race, economy and partly genes.
    She is genetically related to both the Mongols and the Turks.
    But it cannot be both Turkic and Mongolian (proto-Turkic-Mongolian) at the same time, even according to the Altai hypothesis (it is anachronical). The culture of Slab graves is either the proto-Turks or the proto-Mongols (one of two).
    The haplogroup Q talk in favor of the Turkic version. Autosomes talk in favor of the Mongolian version. The Huns had 0-30% of the ancestry of Slab graves, while the Mongols have 50-60% of the ancestry associated with this culture. If the Culture of Slab Graves turns out to be Mongol in the end, then for the Proto-Turks there will be no suitable archaeological culture in Asia in Iron Age.
    Slab Grave doesn't make sense because it would mean nearly 0% continuity. Partial discontinuity is obviously expected of a group as widespread as Turkics, but in the case of Slab grave it would mean something like 90% which is absolutely impossible given the existing archaeology I would say. You mean to tell that Kyrgyz, Uyghurs, Uzbeks, Nogais, Tatars (minus Slavo-Mongolic), Salar (minus Han), etc are all 90% assimilated? That only Turkmens and Qangly Tribe Kazakhs + a handful of random Altaian/Siberian Turks are descendants of the first speakers at any relevant percentages. It doesn't really fit. You know what actually is ironic though: that the Slab grave maternal haplogroups, mainly D, C, F and G form the majority (when combined) in basically all Turkic groups, and in Medieval Turkic samples as well. Don't tell me this is what you are going by? even if Asena was a she-wolf...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul View Post
    The Age of R1 is over... The time of the J2, has come (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade
    I'd say Turanid/Alpine/Mediterranean mix.
    Target: DrMaul
    Distance: 0.00000%
    100.0 First Man - J2 Atlantean

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,605
    Given: 48,334

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    Plus their descendants, the Jurchen and the Manchus managed to conquer China, one of the greatest empires on Earth, for quite a long time, thus they weren't just simple HGs.
    I remember watching a documentary on them, and they were not just some 'primitive barbarians' or whatever. Apparently one of these actually quite populous ethnicities which eviscerated got completely cleansed by the Chinese in the middle ages. They left some interesting architecture around Gobi desert that has only recently been redescivored.
    Last edited by Roy; 11-19-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-21-2022 @ 02:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    t
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Slab Grave doesn't make sense because it would mean nearly 0% continuity. Partial discontinuity is obviously expected of a group as widespread as Turkics, but in the case of Slab grave it would mean something like 90% which is absolutely impossible given the existing archaeology I would say. You mean to tell that Kyrgyz, Uyghurs, Uzbeks, Nogais, Tatars (minus Slavo-Mongolic), Salar (minus Han), etc are all 90% assimilated? That only Turkmens and Qangly Tribe Kazakhs + a handful of random Altaian/Siberian Turks are descendants of the first speakers at any relevant percentages. It doesn't really fit. You know what actually is ironic though: that the Slab grave maternal haplogroups, mainly D, C, F and G form the majority (when combined) in basically all Turkic groups, and in Medieval Turkic samples as well. Don't tell me this is what you are going by? even if Asena was a she-wolf...
    I do not understand you. I repeat - time, place, race, economy and you added MTDNA: The culture of Slab graves is ideal for the Proto-Turkic culture according to the East Eurasian hypothesis. All other complete East Asians at this time in this region are mostly hunter-gatherers, fishermen, or rice growers.
    Are you confused by a big genetic drive? But other variants offer an even more extreme genetic drift ,including variants with haplogroup N and C (the subclades of the majority of Turkic carriers of haplogroup C are very close to Mongolian / Tungusic one - distance 1-3 thousand years.The East Uralic influence on the Turkic languages of Siberia is so strong that we can talk about East Uralic substratum. Some of the Sibirian Turkic people do not even belong to the South Siberian race, but to the Uralic race.).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I do not understand you. I repeat - time, place, race, economy and you added MTDNA: The culture of Slab graves is ideal for the Proto-Turkic culture according to the East Eurasian hypothesis. All other complete East Asians at this time in this region are mostly hunter-gatherers, fishermen, or rice growers.
    Are you confused by a big genetic drive? But other variants offer an even more extreme genetic drift ,including variants with haplogroup N and C (the subclades of the majority of Turkic carriers of haplogroup C are very close to Mongolian / Tungusic one - distance 1-3 thousand years.The East Uralic influence on the Turkic languages of Siberia is so strong that we can talk about East Uralic substratum. Some of the Sibirian Turkic people do not even belong to the South Siberian race, but to the Uralic race.).
    Only Turkics who have C belong to genuine Mongol tribes for the most part, so no surprises there
    But you again missed my point, that the Slab grave only fits GENETICALLY (you say it fits in lifestyle etc.. but thats only assuming that proto Turks were asians) via MTDNA.. which doesn't mean much. How can you say that the majority of Turks are not descended from Proto Turks? And by majority I mean 90%...

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    t
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Only Turkics who have C belong to genuine Mongol tribes for the most part, so no surprises there
    But you again missed my point, that the Slab grave only fits GENETICALLY (you say it fits in lifestyle etc.. but thats only assuming that proto Turks were asians) via MTDNA.. which doesn't mean much. How can you say that the majority of Turks are not descended from Proto Turks? And by majority I mean 90%...
    I do not support this gitpothesis. I believe that the Turkic people are R1a - it frees from the need to adhere to the hypothesis of matrilineality in the spread of the Turkic language.
    But according to other hypotheses, the Siberian semi-Mongoloid Scythians are Iranians. And the Turkic people were complete Mongoloids in the Scythian time and lived in the region of Mongolia. Therefore, the hypothesis of Proto-Turkic Slab Grave is the only thing that supporters of the East Eurasian origin of the Turkic people can offer. It's time to test this hypothesis.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

I do not support this gitpothesis. I believe that the Turkic people are R1a - it frees from the need to adhere to the hypothesis of matrilineality in the spread of the Turkic language.
    But according to other hypotheses, the Siberian semi-Mongoloid Scythians are Iranians. And the Turkic people were complete Mongoloids in the Scythian time and lived in the region of Mongolia. Therefore, the hypothesis of Proto-Turkic Slab Grave is the only thing that supporters of the East Eurasian origin of the Turkic people can offer. It's time to test this hypothesis.
    Well both of these have their own problems so I don't think either makes sense
    I obviously don't believe in Asian origin for the reasons I have said in past few messages.
    Scytho-Siberians to Turks (with Hun as mediator, although I am not sure if it is needed or not) is already genetic reality, both by Humans genetics and also Horse genetics. But of course the problem here is from Iranic as you mentioned before, with both Scythians having Iranic language records (Saka language from Xinjiang, modern Alanics, etc...) as well as generally R1a Z93 being Indo-Iranian shared with Indians and from that time period (1800 - 1300 bc according to recent studies) which is the issue.
    Now taking both of these into consideration we come into the issue that it would imply that Turks are East Iranics, which doesn't make sense in any way. So the only logical solution is that one East Scythian cultures is Proto Turks (there were non Iranic scythians depending on region), mainly one I would assume related to Xiongnus. They probably had R1a Z93, Q1a, and J2a primarily - possibly even N-TAT. So far the only Scytho Siberians who have a relevant amount of J2a (which is the same clade as later Turkics) are current Tian Shan Sakas.. Are they proto Turks? well, who knows really but whoever they were, they were probably close to them or in that region (Southern Altai I guess). Of course more is to be discovered in the future

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    t
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well both of these have their own problems so I don't think either makes sense
    I obviously don't believe in Asian origin for the reasons I have said in past few messages.
    Scytho-Siberians to Turks (with Hun as mediator, although I am not sure if it is needed or not) is already genetic reality, both by Humans genetics and also Horse genetics. But of course the problem here is from Iranic as you mentioned before, with both Scythians having Iranic language records (Saka language from Xinjiang, modern Alanics, etc...) as well as generally R1a Z93 being Indo-Iranian shared with Indians and from that time period (1800 - 1300 bc according to recent studies) which is the issue.
    Now taking both of these into consideration we come into the issue that it would imply that Turks are East Iranics, which doesn't make sense in any way. So the only logical solution is that one East Scythian cultures is Proto Turks (there were non Iranic scythians depending on region), mainly one I would assume related to Xiongnus. They probably had R1a Z93, Q1a, and J2a primarily - possibly even N-TAT. So far the only Scytho Siberians who have a relevant amount of J2a (which is the same clade as later Turkics) are current Tian Shan Sakas.. Are they proto Turks? well, who knows really but whoever they were, they were probably close to them or in that region (Southern Altai I guess). Of course more is to be discovered in the future
    The term Eastern Iranians does not quite fit here.
    Balkarian subclades of z-93 was found on the Volga already at the beginning of our era. They may have either never been to Mongolia, or left Mongolia before the Huns. The distance between the Bashkir subclades and the Balkar ones is 4000+ years, the same distance between the Bashkir subclades and the Kirghiz / Siberian ones. Hardly all of these subclades can be called "Eastern Iranian", even if they were IE.
    I try to say that there is no evidence that all the Turkic subclades of z93 are from one small place in Mongolia or Siberia.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The term Eastern Iranians does not quite fit here.
    Balkarian subclades of z-93 was found on the Volga already at the beginning of our era. They may have either never been to Mongolia, or left Mongolia before the Huns. The distance between the Bashkir subclades and the Balkar ones is 4000+ years, the same distance between the Bashkir subclades and the Kirghiz / Siberian ones. Hardly all of these subclades can be called "Eastern Iranian", even if they were IE.
    I try to say that there is no evidence that all the Turkic subclades of z93 are from one small place in Mongolia or Siberia.
    But which clades are you talking about specifically? As I said before most of the Turkic sample R1a belong to unrelated branches, unlike Q or J2a.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information