Ukraine
    Hero
    Khamzat Chimaev
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 848
    Given: 318

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by E1b1b View Post
    E1b has many looks. West Africans and aboriginal maghrebis were robust and jacked. Not no gracile runners like ethiopians who cant lift sheeit.
    My people are worlds strongest man too tho, we can lift better than Gypsy

Last Online
    05-11-2023 @ 12:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Greek, Jewish, Finnish, Germanic, East Asian
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    R-Y2910
    mtDNA
    U4b
    Hero
    Lao Tzu, Epicurus, Copernicus, Hippocrates, Giordano Bruno, Maria Skłodowska, Nikola Tesla
    Religion
    Epicureanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,549
    Given: 1,670

2 Not allowed!

After many years they finally got it right.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,506
    Given: 1,507

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    This looks very buggish to me. I know one more individual with such buggish results.

Have a look at which DNA matches you are said to share the regions with. Normally you get three depicted out of these. But the buggish results often show just two, one or even zero!
    Some have three, others two, others one and some none. I guess that's expected considering that the average that I see here and on Anthrogenica is about 2.
    But this match of mine has a comparable amount, just one less than me. Maybe he even has more, but we don't share them, and as a result they are hidden from me.

I don't know how many more are like this, because I don't want to research. I view it as a bug, and expect that once they adjust their confidence filter, most will disappear. Most of them are weak at possible level anyway, and only two are likely.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-25-2022 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Ukraine
    Hero
    Khamzat Chimaev
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 848
    Given: 318

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Basescul View Post
    Some have three, others two, others one and some none. I guess that's expected considering that the average that I see here and on Anthrogenica is about 2.
    But this match of mine has a comparable amount, just one less than me. Maybe he even has more, but we don't share them, and as a result they are hidden from me.

I don't know how many more are like this, because I don't want to research. I view it as a bug, and expect that once they adjust their confidence filter, most will disappear. Most of them are weak at possible level anyway, and only two are likely.
    23andme for me is similar, is not that serious. You are probably hybridized very proportional they cannot pinpoint just 1 ethnic group because you fit in many

Last Online
    07-24-2023 @ 11:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgaria/Romania
    Ancestry
    Bulgaria/Romania
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 25

0 Not allowed!

It detects my Romanian side as "Romania & Southwest Ukraine" which is incorrect, should be SW Romania. Although this region might encompass the entire country not only the northern Carpathians.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vlrs-2 View Post
    It detects my Romanian side as "Romania & Southwest Ukraine" which is incorrect, should be SW Romania. Although this region might encompass the entire country not only the northern Carpathians.
    It doesn't detect squat, unless you are Ukrainian. Romania & SW Ukraine refers to Ukrainians in Ukraine, Romania and Moldova. This is the subregion of the Ukrainians in Eastern Europe community.
    Samples come from mainly Western Ukraine, and their Ukrainian descendants then settled in Eastern Ukraine, Romania (Maramrues, Suceava, Botosani, Iasi area) and Moldova (Floresti, Chisinau, Tiraspol).

Community History
    Ukraine is often called the breadbasket of Europe. Gentle hills, rich black soil, and a mild continental climate are perfect for producing wheat, rye, sunflowers, beets, and various other agricultural goods. This area of Eastern Europe is a melting pot of diverse ethnic groups, including Ukrainians, Russians, Jews, Poles, Tartars, and Germans. Ukrainians are traditionally Christian, and most belong to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine or the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (which blends Catholicism and Orthodoxy). They speak Ukrainian, a Slavic language, and trace their roots to both Nordic and Slavic predecessors.

This shows that their communities are not well tuned yet, if people with no documented Ukrainian ancestry receive them.

1950 map

1875 map

1825 map

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

0 Not allowed!

Did AncestryDNA used to allow before to upload your file from other companies, and do you think they might allow this once again? This regional thing looks quite detailed and interesting.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    West Ukraine, Siberia, Dobruja
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lesser Poland
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    U5a2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 981
    Given: 564

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Basescul View Post
    It doesn't detect squat, unless you are Ukrainian. Romania & SW Ukraine refers to Ukrainians in Ukraine, Romania and Moldova. This is the subregion of the Ukrainians in Eastern Europe community.
    Samples come from mainly Western Ukraine, and their Ukrainian descendants then settled in Eastern Ukraine, Romania (Maramrues, Suceava, Botosani, Iasi area) and Moldova (Floresti, Chisinau, Tiraspol).

Community History
    Ukraine is often called the breadbasket of Europe. Gentle hills, rich black soil, and a mild continental climate are perfect for producing wheat, rye, sunflowers, beets, and various other agricultural goods. This area of Eastern Europe is a melting pot of diverse ethnic groups, including Ukrainians, Russians, Jews, Poles, Tartars, and Germans. Ukrainians are traditionally Christian, and most belong to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine or the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (which blends Catholicism and Orthodoxy). They speak Ukrainian, a Slavic language, and trace their roots to both Nordic and Slavic predecessors.

This shows that their communities are not well tuned yet, if people with no documented Ukrainian ancestry receive them.

1950 map

1875 map

1825 map
    Half of my Polish matches on AncestryDNA got Ukrainians in East Europe community, obviously it is because many people in Western Ukraine have Polish ancestry. For Ukrainian community they should use central Ukrainian samples instead.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Abriekman View Post
    Half of my Polish matches on AncestryDNA got Ukrainians in East Europe community, obviously it is because many people in Western Ukraine have Polish ancestry. For Ukrainian community they should use central Ukrainian samples instead.
    Ukrainians in East Europe is way larger than the maps that I am showing above, which are for just one sub-region within Ukrainians in East Europe.

But the group itself is not very stable. I've yet to meet one Romanian match (from Romania) who doesn't score it. It's a very generous community, and not really Ukrainian as they advertise.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-11-2023 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bosnian Croat
    Ancestry
    Bosnia, Dalmatia,Germany, Bulgaria, Czechia, Serbia
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    I-PH908 (I-S10860)
    mtDNA
    I5a1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 708

0 Not allowed!

Ive got like 25% Eastern European and zero Regions.
    Balkan didnt get any updates at all.
    69.3% Ukrainian + 30.7% Italian_Jewish @ 2.52

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information