Taxonomy
    Nordid-Balto-Alpinid
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 1,069

2 Not allowed!

Default If you believe in God...

If you believe in God then how do you explain to yourself that the world is so terrible and cold. Why do you think he doesn't show himself?
    God is only a theory and a bad one in my opinion - there is no proof, that he exists. Belief does not necessarily have to be anti-scientific, but there is proof for evolution.
    Try to change my mind...
    Blue eyed honey in the sun
    Warm, wet and on the run
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run,....
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run

Last Online
    07-17-2023 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo Duplex
    Ethnicity
    All-None
    Country
    South-Korea
    Religion
    Fas
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 586
    Given: 738

0 Not allowed!

To entertain himself, as he is a being without needs that is the only thing he can do (?)

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,127
    Given: 9,061

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Batavia View Post
    If you believe in God then how do you explain to yourself that the world is so terrible and cold. Why do you think he doesn't show himself?

That is not an argument, human species can be cold and terrible, that's not god's fault.

If you are reffering to weather, it's a blessing to live in countries with four seasons. You can enjoy Skiing in winter, golf in autumn, tennis/biking in summer and soccer in spring.
    It also prevents alots of diseases.

Also we've not seen boobs of most of women in the wolrd, that doesn't mean they don't have them.

God doesn't show up why would he? He does his actions. If god was present people would obey and preach him from fear and not that they actually like him.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-12-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Balto-Alpinid
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 1,069

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    That is not an argument, human species can be cold and terrible, that's not god's fault.

If you are reffering to weather, it's a blessing to live in countries with four seasons. You can enjoy Skiing in winter, golf in autumn, tennis/biking in summer and soccer in spring.

Also we've not seen boobs of most of women in the wolrd, that doesn't mean they don't have them.

God doesn't show up why would he? He does his actions. If god was present people would obey and preach him from fear and not that they actually like him.
    Ok, I meant cold in the sense of being emotionally cold.
    Blue eyed honey in the sun
    Warm, wet and on the run
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run,....
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Român
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z280
    mtDNA
    H5b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,619
    Given: 2,429

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,395
    Given: 8,724

2 Not allowed!

I m an atheist but to believe god should function like a protective mother is already some kind of retarted childish behaviour.

Hialt

0 Not allowed!

God is only a theory and a bad one in my opinion - there is no proof, that he exists. Belief does not necessarily have to be anti-scientific, but there is proof for evolution.
    Try to change my mind...
    I would designate it as "God," that we have been made capable of living and breathing at this moment, despite all of the "cold and terrible" things that have challenged us. There was some helping hand, call it "healing," etc. That we have survived it all is perhaps evidence that there is a God who cares, a God who preserved Noah, for example, in the "cold and terrible" flood.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-15-2022 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Smally
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Centrism
    Religion
    Uninterested
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 106

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post

It is god's fault because he made us.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,167
    Given: 13,531

2 Not allowed!

Try to change my mind...
    Based on a Christian theology God created man in his own image having a free will, consciousness etc. Knowing sin man became tainted and destined to death. Destined to death here means not having a chance to have an eternal life. Jesus enabled that all those that have ever lived and all those that shall live to have a chance to have an eternal life. Jesus merely enabled that, but it is up to a man to have it. Based on a Christian theology this human life as we know it is like a colander that shall separate deserving and those not deserving. Those not deserving will be destined to an eternal death and deserving will acquire an eternal life.

Why God doesn't show himself? Let's put aside that from a Christian theology point of view God did show himself.
    The Parable of weeds
    Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like(U) a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.
    Christians generally believe that not only when every corner of the world becomes aware of Jesus, deeply or not (to the last member of some isolated tribe in Amazons or whatever), but also when every living human that shall ever live that will have a chance to know of Jesus (possibly all the way until the end times, end of the world which is why the Bible speaks of Armageddon), then the God will show himself to reap what the God has sown in the field.

Why can't God come and do that right now? Why wait for everyone? Look what the Parable of the lost sheep says!

Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
    That is a Christian theology. It gives an answer to a difficult question and you either take it or leave it.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-15-2023 @ 12:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dragon
    Ethnicity
    Beach-Slavic
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Keto-Atlantid
    Hero