Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,618
    Given: 4,633

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Pre-Ottoman Bosnia had extreme Serb minority. Bosnian Serbs are complete Ottoman legacy, that is what they share with muslims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter...nd_Herzegovina
    Wrong, ancestors of the large part of present day Bosnian Serbs lived in Bosnia in the middle age before Ottomans. There is even genetic confirm for it. It's tested a skeleton of nobleman Batić Mirković-Radojević from Kopošić (https://sh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nekrop...u_Ilijašu) near Ilijaš in central Bosnia (he lived in second half of 14th and early 15th century), belong to I2-PH908 and the closest to him is Bosnian Serb with surname Simić from Kakmuž (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakmuž) on Ozren https://forum.poreklo.rs/index.php?t...5545#msg165545
    Other skeleton from the same period near nobleman Batić Mirković-Radojević is R1a-Z280 and the closest to him is Serb from Kosovo with surname Banjac https://forum.poreklo.rs/index.php?t...5584#msg165584
    Last edited by Varda; 11-29-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,583
    Given: 11,534

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Mainstream claim about 100% East Herzegovinian and Montenegrin origin of Bosnian Serbs is debunked by genetic. Autosomally Bosnian Serbs are not genetic twins of Herzegovinian Serbs and they even more distant from Montenegrins. Bosnian Serbs are more "Slavic"/northern shifted than both Heruegovinian Serbs and Montenegrins.

I think this "Bosniak" sample includes Muslims from Raška region in Serbia and Montenegro, since there is separate sample "Bosniak_Bosnia"
    🔴🔵⚪

Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 2.0944% / 0.02094437
    60.0 Slavic:RUS_Sunghir_MA
    23.0 Paleobalkanic:MKD_Anc
    17.0 Byzantine:TUR_Marmara_Balikesir_Byz

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Serb_Bosnia average is still closer to all Serbian averages (Krajina, Vojvodina, Western, Central and South Serbia, except Montenegro) than to Bosniak_Bosnia average.
    🔴🔵⚪

Dušan_scaled

Last Online
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    I think this "Bosniak" sample includes Muslims from Raška region in Serbia and Montenegro, since there is separate sample "Bosniak_Bosnia"
    In "Bosniak Bosnia" i think are most numerous Tuzla area Bosniak samples. Bosniak from Cazinska Krajina and Bosniak Sarajevo samples are more similar to Bosnian Serb samples than that "Bosniak Bosnia (aka Tuzla) samples.
    East Herzegovinian Bosniak according to several samples posted by vbn are more southern shifted than Herzegovinian Serbs. Raška ("Sandžak") Bosniaks are more southern than Montenegrins, and yes their samples are included in Bosniak average but they are minority. Bosniak average is similar as Bosniak Sarajevo.
    Everything about "Bosniaks" is abnormal and weird, and genetic is not exception.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    It includes Bosniak academic averages from Sarajevo and clusters with Bosnian Croats and Bosnian Serbs. Bosniak_Bosnia is just very Slavic shifted Bosniak average, more typical for northeastern part of country.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Wrong, ancestors of the large part of present day Bosnian Serbs lived in Bosnia in the middle age before Ottomans. There is even genetic confirm for it. It's tested a skeleton of nobleman Batić Mirković-Radojević from Kopošić (https://sh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nekrop...u_Ilijašu) near Ilijaš in central Bosnia (he lived in second half of 14th and early 15th century), belong to I2-PH908 and the closest to him is Bosnian Serb with surname Simić from Kakmuž (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakmuž) on Ozren https://forum.poreklo.rs/index.php?t...5545#msg165545
    Other skeleton from the same period near nobleman Batić Mirković-Radojević is R1a-Z280 and the closest to him is Serb from Kosovo with surname Banjac https://forum.poreklo.rs/index.php?t...5584#msg165584
    Yes, but they were not orthodox.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In "Bosniak Bosnia" i think are most numerous Tuzla area Bosniak samples. Bosniak from Cazinska Krajina and Bosniak Sarajevo samples are more similar to Bosnian Serb samples than that "Bosniak Bosnia (aka Tuzla) samples.
    East Herzegovinian Bosniak according to several samples posted by vbn are more southern shifted than Herzegovinian Serbs. Raška ("Sandžak") Bosniaks are more southern than Montenegrins, and yes their samples are included in Bosniak average but they are minority. Bosniak average is similar as Bosniak Sarajevo.
    Everything about "Bosniaks" is abnormal and weird, and genetic is not exception.
    It includes Bosniak academic averages from Sarajevo and clusters with Bosnian Croats and Bosnian Serbs. Bosniak_Bosnia is just very Slavic shifted Bosniak average, more typical for northeastern part of country.
    Sarajevo je full of Sandžaklije so some of them are in these academic averages for sure.
    The point is that average of mixing northern shifted Bosnian Muslims and southern shifted Sandžak Muslims, make that average artificialy close to Bosnian Serbs.
    Both groups are different than Serbs, either in northern, either in southern way.
    🔴🔵⚪

Dušan_scaled

Last Online
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"Bosnia Bosnia" represents Bosniak of Tuzla area and probably Bosniak from the parts of central Bosnia. I have seen pretty much Bosniak samples from eastern Bosnia and Krajina and they are similar as Bosnian Serb and South Croatian average.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 04:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Unknown
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,471
    Given: 1,541

0 Not allowed!

"Bosnia Bosniaks" with high Baltic also appear in Zenica and Prijedor. Those from Cazinska Krajina and Herzegovina are different, I'm not sure about eastern Bosnia, I didn't see enough samples from there.

The Sarajevo samples are probably mix of all regions, and mixed with Serbs and Croats too, the Bosniaks from villages close to Sarajevo are probably different.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information