Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

3 Not allowed!

There isn’t really a consistent base here. TA was a Nordicist forum at one point, then more pan euro. There was a stage where balkan war threads were very prominent, a stage where Greek civil war threads were more prominent, followed by a stage where it felt like every other user was Turkish (many of them were banned). As of right now TA is basically a glorified Latino social club and it’s pretty boring. Who knows what the next stage in 2022 will be, an Islamic forum? Afro centrist?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 28,982

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    There isn’t really a consistent base here. TA was a Nordicist forum at one point, then more pan euro. There was a stage where balkan war threads were very prominent, a stage where Greek civil war threads were more prominent, followed by a stage where it felt like every other user was Turkish (many of them were banned). As of right now TA is basically a glorified Latino social club and it’s pretty boring. Who knows what the next stage in 2022 will be, an Islamic forum? Afro centrist?
    There have been quite a few different periods on here. I used to quite like the Atlantic Façade period. The Forum was very active back then. It was pre-2016. Big changes have happened with the dna studies that came out the end of 2015. People used to believe Irish and Welsh were the dark Celts and the Scots and English were the Nordic Germanics. (That might be a bit exaggerated but it has a lot of truth in it). I think genetic studies have blown a lot of people's theories. I hope next year more studies will be printed which will hopefully encourage more discussion. A lot of the stuff posted here now is very uninteresting and nothing to do with the purpose of this forum. People used to just post about history and ethnogenesis topics. Also things like what books they read or films etc. There was always trolls of course. Now some of the stuff posted in here is braindead and boring. Some people just love to post their pictures and talk about all their issues. Surely there are better places if that is what you want? Get an Instagram account or whatever place narcissists go to post images of themselves. I think Apricity is on the way out and will eventually go the same way as forums like Biodiversity and Anthroscape. I think Anthrogenica will last because it is dedicated to genetics and dna studies although it is very limiting in what you can discuss. Apricity is too much the other way and lets people post all manner of shite. Some moderation might not be a bad thing.

Aging Tom Cat Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian, Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ancestry
    Northern England, SE Ireland, Northern Ireland, Castilla Spain
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-DF27 (R1b1a2a1a2a) R-Y3267
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,001
    Given: 10,550

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    There have been quite a few different periods on here. I used to quite like the Atlantic Façade period. The Forum was very active back then. It was pre-2016. Big changes have happened with the dna studies that came out the end of 2015. People used to believe Irish and Welsh were the dark Celts and the Scots and English were the Nordic Germanics. (That might be a bit exaggerated but it has a lot of truth in it). I think genetic studies have blown a lot of people's theories. I hope next year more studies will be printed which will hopefully encourage more discussion. A lot of the stuff posted here now is very uninteresting and nothing to do with the purpose of this forum. People used to just post about history and ethnogenesis topics. Also things like what books they read or films etc. There was always trolls of course. Now some of the stuff posted in here is braindead and boring. Some people just love to post their pictures and talk about all their issues. Surely there are better places if that is what you want? Get an Instagram account or whatever place narcissists go to post images of themselves. I think Apricity is on the way out and will eventually go the same way as forums like Biodiversity and Anthroscape. I think Anthrogenica will last because it is dedicated to genetics and dna studies although it is very limiting in what you can discuss. Apricity is too much the other way and lets people post all manner of shite. Some moderation might not be a bad thing.
    i agree totally Grace
    TA seems very much like anthroscape back in 2015-16...a forum that lost it's essence and was on it's way out

half of the new threads are posted by Ritchy and his embarrassing insecurities laid bare for the rest of us to read about....shite like that needs to stop, if this forum is to survive

Last Online
    07-10-2023 @ 09:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Vatican City
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,506
    Given: 1,296

0 Not allowed!

Pretty much

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,020
    Given: 6,622

0 Not allowed!

It's a nuthouse and shell of a formerly European forum. Most of the intelligent, thoughtful, NW Euro posters seem to have left about a decade ago, and to whither I know not. It reminds me of the Anglo-Saxon parable of the sparrow's flight through the mead-hall, sadly.

“The present life of man upon earth, O King, seems to me in comparison with that time which is unknown to us like the swift flight of a sparrow through the mead-hall where you sit at supper in winter, with your Ealdormen and thanes, while the fire blazes in the midst and the hall is warmed, but the wintry storms of rain or snow are raging abroad. The sparrow, flying in at one door and immediately out at another, whilst he is within, is safe from the wintry tempest, but after a short space of fair weather, he immediately vanishes out of your sight, passing from winter to winter again. So this life of man appears for a little while, but of what is to follow or what went before we know nothing at all.”

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,498
    Given: 6,434

1 Not allowed!

Many great American and British Isles members no longer post here. Their absence leaves a huge void like the ones left by YouTube channels banned by Miss Susan. I don't care what other people post, though. This site is big enough for everybody, even the ones who bore me to tears.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-better-boxers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information