Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 416

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Btw, native full ethnic Austrians have southern European/Balkan like admixture. And yes, Austria is full of Balkanites.
    However lot of stuff in this thread is exegerrated. First of all, intermarriages aren't that common and majority of immigrants in Austria are not truly integrated and stick to other people from their ethnicity and culture.

There's a clear segregation between natives and immigrants. That's less with educated immigrants, but in general it's like that.

My parents were in Vienna recently and what they saw were parallel societies, not ethnic mix and multi culturalism. Some part of city are literally fully immigrant, while natives retreated to rural suburbs.

Austrians aren't that open minded as people think and interraction and mixing with foreigners is less than this thread implies. No, I don't think Austria will become neo Balkan.
    What I think will happen is that far right will come to power in some not so distant future, and many foreigners will be kicked out.
    I find it funny how everyone wants multiculturalism and diversity yet when your bring people from different cultures over, they isolate themselves most of times, especially cultures vastly different like muslims. So i wonder do they think parallel society=multiculturalism? It is failed!!

Honestly i would rather prefer seeing turks, africans or whatever in "lederhosen or atleast participate in local festivals or traditions like Bauernmarkts, Krampus etc. participating in local Musikvereine or Trachtenkapellen, because honestly to me i only see someone as austrian if they behave like it, now ofcourse just wearing lederhosen or being in a trachtenmusikkapelle is not what makes one austrian, it just used it as example, because you virtually never see foreigners partcipating in any form of tradition wer have. I only know one single bosnian who also runs as Krampus, which is an austrian tradition. skin color or ethnicity comes secondary for me. Also i think foreigners should assimilate, if i was to migrate to another foreign place, i would want to be part of their culture and adapt it, why else would i move there?

I somtimes winder... do they not want to participate in these kind of traditions because they think our culture is shit and garbage? Because they think their culture is superior? Or because they fear they might get discriminated or ridiculed when they do?

Last Online
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 910

0 Not allowed!

Btw, native full ethnic Austrians have southern European/Balkan like admixture. And yes, Austria is full of Balkanites.
    However lot of stuff in this thread is exegerrated. First of all, intermarriages aren't that common and majority of immigrants in Austria are not truly integrated and stick to other people from their ethnicity and culture.

There's a clear segregation between natives and immigrants. That's less with educated immigrants, but in general it's like that.

My parents were in Vienna recently and what they saw were parallel societies, not ethnic mix and multi culturalism. Some part of city are literally fully immigrant, while natives retreated to rural suburbs.

Austrians aren't that open minded as people think and interraction and mixing with foreigners is less than this thread implies. No, I don't think Austria will become neo Balkan.
    What I think will happen is that far right will come to power in some not so distant future, and many foreigners will be kicked out.
    A far right government can take such a decision but since selling such a decision is not going to be an easy task, globally speaking, it would degrade the economy of the country (not necessarily in a long term but in short term the economy would be degraded for sure).
    Last edited by reboun; 12-03-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-12-2022 @ 05:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    India
    Region
    Flevoland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 184

0 Not allowed!

Balkanites and eastern europeans in general migrate as low level workers, doing menial jobs, in western europe. Sometime they mix with the lower strata of the population, nothing new.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Lavanttaler
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R-BY96309
    mtDNA
    H5-T16304C
    Politics
    Remove быдло
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,104
    Given: 2,299

2 Not allowed!

There's a clear segregation between natives and immigrants. That's less with educated immigrants, but in general it's like that....
    Yes, less educated immigrants have formed parallel societies, but those who assimilated your parents mighthave viewed as native Austrians. While mixed marriages aren't super common they are a thing and even I had a ex-girlfriend of Croat origin. Amonst the better and well educated (young) people you do very well find people of very mixed origin living he lifes of Austian liberal toffs. My 17yo has many such classmates, crazy mixes like half Philipino half Lithuanian etc.
    As for the open mindedness of Austrians I would say there is a huge difference between City People (Vienna) and the rest of rural Austrians. About a fifth of Austrians live in Vienna, thats quite out of balance and they tend to have quite leftist views.
    Parts of Vienna don't feel Austrian to me at all and I'm not even one of the countless Vienna haters amongst rural Austrians. It just feels foreign as there is nothinng recognizeable Austrian left.

I think will happen is that far right will come to power in some not so distant future, and many foreigners will be kicked out.
    Lol, no. They are busy not falling over their own feet again and have no realistic chance of succeeding in it.

Largest migrant group per district

Percentage of people born outside Austria (blue = wasteland)

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,264
    Given: 13,622

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulta View Post
    I find it funny how everyone wants multiculturalism and diversity yet when your bring people from different cultures over, they isolate themselves most of times, especially cultures vastly different like muslims. So i wonder do they think parallel society=multiculturalism? It is failed!!

Honestly i would rather prefer seeing turks, africans or whatever in "lederhosen or atleast participate in local festivals or traditions like Bauernmarkts, Krampus etc. participating in local Musikvereine or Trachtenkapellen, because honestly to me i only see someone as austrian if they behave like it, now ofcourse just wearing lederhosen or being in a trachtenmusikkapelle is not what makes one austrian, it just used it as example, because you virtually never see foreigners partcipating in any form of tradition wer have. I only know one single bosnian who also runs as Krampus, which is an austrian tradition. skin color or ethnicity comes secondary for me. Also i think foreigners should assimilate, if i was to migrate to another foreign place, i would want to be part of their culture and adapt it, why else would i move there?

I somtimes winder... do they not want to participate in these kind of traditions because they think our culture is shit and garbage? Because they think their culture is superior? Or because they fear they might get discriminated or ridiculed when they do?
    Funnily enough I have the exactly opposite view. I wouldn't want to see turks, africans or whatever in Croatian checkerboard dresses or whatever or participate in local traditions. If they already have to be in a country I wouldn't want them to assimilate or integrate.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,264
    Given: 13,622

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by znenammi View Post
    Balkanites and eastern europeans in general migrate as low level workers, doing menial jobs, in western europe. Sometime they mix with the lower strata of the population, nothing new.
    That is correct. Neighbour of mine lives in Austria. He met a girl who lives in Austria while she was in Croatia during summer/vacation. She is fully Croatian and was born in Austria. They married and live in Austria. Without knowing the language is hard to do much and says that it is very hard for him to learn German because at home he hangs with his wife, in free time visits a Croatian bar and at job there is almost no native Austrian, but Serbs, Bulgarians, Romanians, Turks who like him don't know much German.

Another friend lives in Germany. He started working there 4 years ago and got married to a Croatian woman who was working as a nurse there.

Apparently what I was told is that Germany is dependent on low-level workers and every year more and more workers are needed. It seems that your ambition is bigger than the number of your population. Is that true, is it true that native Germans are not that fond of doing low level or menial jobs and if it is true how would right-wingers who are against any kind of immigration solve that problem?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    Funnily enough I have the exactly opposite view. I wouldn't want to see turks, africans or whatever in Croatian checkerboard dresses or whatever or participate in local traditions. If they already have to be in a country I wouldn't want them to assimilate or integrate.
    Okay. My question is, why wouldn’t you?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by reboun View Post
    Okay. My question is, why wouldn’t you?
    Because he doesn't want genetic pool dilluted with foreigners. Croatia is for Croats.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Because he doesn't want genetic pool dilluted with foreigners. Croatia is for Croats.
    I see. I wouldn’t mind if my ethnicity’s genetic pool is diluted or not.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by reboun View Post
    I see. I wouldn’t mind if my ethnicity’s genetic pool is diluted or not.
    You don't mind because you are not ethnically Turkish at all.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information