View Poll Results: Damascenes or Moslawis?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Damascenes

5 83.33%
  • Moslawis

1 16.67%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is lighter: Damascenes or Moslawis?

Last Online
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian Italian, with distant Lebanese, Syrian and French ancestry
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,646
    Given: 1,566

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    What is up with you? All your posts are pro-Levantine and anti-just-about-anything-remotely in Western Asia. For the umpteenth time, Assyrians are not mutts. They are a distinguished minority ethnic group in the Middle East. If anything, we are the most purest people in the region because we did not convert to Islam, where we consequently would have intermixed with Arabs and Persians. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're insanely ignorant. You have to be that provocative type of troll. And no, both Assyrians and Kurds are not generally darker than the Levantines in general. That's a figment of your imagination. In that Assyrian wedding video you should've focused on the men, not just the women. You gotta be really taking the piss if you think they're "darker" than the Levantines, because most can interchangeably fit in the Levant and Upper Mesopotamia.
    Fuck off with your ad hominems! I just stated facts and you're going on about how pure and superior your people are!

Again whether you like it or not, Levantines and Lebs are still much European looking than you Semitic Assyrians and the Iranic Kurds!....this is a matter of fact & don't bring up dark photos of levantines, because skin colour is not a huge fucking factor here but facial features!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Odelia View Post
    Fuck off with your ad hominems! I just stated facts and you're going on about how pure and superior your people are!

Again whether you like it or not, Levantines and Lebs are still much European looking than you Semitic Assyrians and the Iranic Kurds!....this is a matter of fact & don't bring up dark photos of levantines, because skin colour is not a huge fucking factor here but facial features!
    No, no, and no.

Levantines are semitic just as Assyrians are. And Assyrians and Levantines look similar enough that they can easily pass in each other's region without anyone noticing in the slightest. Assyrians look in between Levantines and Iranians and the same goes for Mandaeans, although they are somewhat darker pigmented than Assyrians.

Kurds do not look much different from Assyrians either.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 07:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,805
    Given: 4,573

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    No, no, and no.

Levantines are semitic just as Assyrians are. And Assyrians and Levantines look similar enough that they can easily pass in each other's region without anyone noticing in the slightest. Assyrians look in between Levantines and Iranians and the same goes for Mandaeans, although they are somewhat darker pigmented than Assyrians.

Kurds do not look much different from Assyrians either.
    Agreed with most of what you said. I just wanted to add that Levantine Christians are lighter than Assyrians on average (at least from what I have seen) but it also can vary due to regionalism. In my experience, Northern Levantine Christians (Lebanese and Syrians) are the lightest for their ethnic group. Meanwhile, the Tur Abdin and Mardin regions being the lightest for Assyrians, (south-east Turkey).

Kurds do not look very similar to Assyrians, they look clearly more Iranic influenced than most of us. Western Armenians and Mandeans are closer in phenotype. Although as you said, the latter being essentially the darker pigmented version of Assyrians.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,320
    Given: 1,211

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazarene View Post
    Agreed with most of what you said. I just wanted to add that Levantine Christians are lighter than Assyrians on average (at least from what I have seen) but it also can vary due to regionalism. In my experience, Northern Levantine Christians (Lebanese and Syrians) are the lightest for their ethnic group. Meanwhile, the Tur Abdin and Mardin regions being the lightest for Assyrians, (south-east Turkey).

Kurds do not look very similar to Assyrians, they look clearly more Iranic influenced than most of us. Western Armenians and Mandeans are closer in phenotype. Although as you said, the latter being essentially the darker pigmented version of Assyrians.
    Well the assyrians in London are much lighter than levantine christians/ Muslims . Besides the point , Many levantine christians are of assyrian descent .

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    What is up with you? All your posts are pro-Levantine and anti-just-about-anything-remotely in Western Asia. For the umpteenth time, Assyrians are not mutts. They are a distinguished minority ethnic group in the Middle East. If anything, we are the most purest people in the region because we did not convert to Islam, where we consequently would have intermixed with Arabs and Persians. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're insanely ignorant. You have to be that provocative type of troll. And no, both Assyrians and Kurds are not generally darker than the Levantines in general. That's a figment of your imagination. In that Assyrian wedding video you should've focused on the men, not just the women. You gotta be really taking the piss if you think they're "darker" than the Levantines, because most can interchangeably fit in the Levant and Upper Mesopotamia.
    Full of shit she is man

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Full of shit she is man
    That is not a she. Trust me, it just ain’t. Females are never that vulgar unless personally attacked.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    That is not a she. Trust me, it just ain’t. Females are never that vulgar unless personally attacked.
    She/he has issues like seriously . I wonder who it can be ?

All I know Is the person behind the account is full of shit .

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 452
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    People in the forum are true anthrotards. Cherrypicking badly light photos and then imposing your own bias agenda to the thread .

Assyrians are lighter than levantines . This is a reality that people don't seem to grasp . They think going west somehow makes one fucking lighter but don't realise than the Caucasus is more eastern than Egypt yet eons lighter . This stupid myth of going east means darker needs to be buried in a hole six feet under .

Average assyrians

If I would have label these folks as levantine, Odelia would be obsessing over the "levantine/med " facade she seems so superior over iranics or semitics .

Average Kurds ( Iraqi Kurds )

Turkish kurds ( not that there is a difference )

Label these people as Lebanese and people will try and make up things that don't even exist ! The minute you tell them they are not levantine and iranic then they will make up some bs to justify why they look the way they do .

Average Tajik pamiris

https://youtu.be/7W8Dehyyh7s

Seriously telling those people are darker than Syrians ? All three groups are east of Damascus.
    @Avicenna, what is immediately clear is that Pashtuns, whether from Afghanistan or Pakistan (who actually are also Afghans historically), do not resemble to any great extent all these Assyrians, Turkish Kurds or even the Tajiks in the above videos. I am not talking about skin complexions, and not about some individuals passing but resemblance as groups.

Regarding the Pamiris, they also have other type of people different looking to those in your video.
    Compare those in your video with these.

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

3 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=turbosat;7379899]@Avicenna, what is immediately clear is that Pashtuns, whether from Afghanistan or Pakistan (who actually are also Afghans historically), do not resemble to any great extent all these Assyrians, Turkish Kurds or even the Tajiks in the above videos. I am not talking about skin complexions, and not about some individuals passing but resemblance as groups.
    ][/QUOTE

If on a general level Kurds don’t resemble Pashtuns then no one does. Besides phenotypes there are just too many strong evidences of the common Iran-Chl, Mede, BMAC, Parthian and Scythian ancestors Kurds and Pashtuns share.

These strong evidences are impossible to overcome:

1- Shared cognates and postpositions shared between Pashto and Kurdi to the exclusion of other languages including Farsi. I posted them before.
    2- Shared Avestan and Zoroasterian background. The Zoroasterian Nowruz New Year is still celebrated by Pashtuns in Afghanistan albeit not as string as among Kurds

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG
    Muzh ba staso la tyaro tsakha ra wubaasu

[IMG][/IMG]

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    @Avicenna, what is immediately clear is that Pashtuns, whether from Afghanistan or Pakistan (who actually are also Afghans historically), do not resemble to any great extent all these Assyrians, Turkish Kurds or even the Tajiks in the above videos. I am not talking about skin complexions, and not about some individuals passing but resemblance as groups.

Regarding the Pamiris, they also have other type of people different looking to those in your video.
    Compare those in your video with these.

Turbostat your agenda seems quite clear . I don't need to explain myself to you . Take care .

Just to make you burn a little , the Tajik pamiris look Alot similar to pashtuns I've seen especially from regions around kapisa. They are Alot more homogenous .

I never claimed assyrians looked similar to pashtuns but as you can see from the videos I posted , I see Alot of assyrian types in afghan diaspora . Pak pashtuns are another case .

Kurds and pashtuns look similar but Kurds look generally more similar to their immediate neighbours .

Typical Afghan pashtuns

The only two ethnic Afghans from FATA in Pakistan cricket team . Both pass eons better in that pamiri video than poonjab.

Last edited by Avicenna; 12-17-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information