Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,888
    Given: 16,895

0 Not allowed!

Would love to hear Frank Grimes thoughts

From football I still mostly know this culture of respecting your opponent.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,990
    Given: 12,778

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post

Would love to hear Frank Grimes thoughts

From football I still mostly know this culture of respecting your opponent.
    I've seen this video before. I agree with Thomas Sowell. The culture as a whole has changed. Sportsmanship is a thing of the past. It's more WWF like shit. Colby Covington's career is a good analogy to explain the change. The UFC was planning to cut him whether he beat Maia or not because they said his fighting style was boring. So he took a page out of Chael Sonnen's book and became a troll (insulting Brazil, low brow personal attacks on a number of people, etc.) and it paid off in that not only was he not cut from the promotion but his next fight after Maia was an interim championship belt. Think about that: from about to be fired to an interim Championship built because he insulted an entire nation. He made a boatload of money from being loud and obnoxious. If he hadn't he'd be earning maybe 20k a fight in One or Bellator.

Drama gets people's attention but it makes a mockery of the sport. The purpose of drama is to draw people with a casual interest to the sport. They don't want to just watch the fight. They want a soap opera. Chael Sonnen got an undeserved title shot at light heavyweight because the UFC thought he could sell tickets with his trolling.

When McGregor lost to Khabib he told him "it's just business" but Khabib wasn't having any of that. McGregor had insulted his wife and his father. McGregor was selling tickets. Khabib isn't interested in money. He's interested in legacy.

I can understand anyone hating Brazilian MMA fans because of how they behave (chanting 'you're going to die') but you still should show class but class doesn't sell tickets in this modern culture. The only exception is GSP. He's a classy guy and was always able to draw eyeballs to the sport. He's pretty much the exception. Everyone else needs to shit talk or the public doesn't care.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    I've seen this video before. I agree with Thomas Sowell. The culture as a whole has changed. Sportsmanship is a thing of the past. It's more WWF like shit. Colby Covington's career is a good analogy to explain the change. The UFC was planning to cut him whether he beat Maia or not because they said his fighting style was boring. So he took a page out of Chael Sonnen's book and became a troll (insulting Brazil, low brow personal attacks on a number of people, etc.) and it paid off in that not only was he not cut from the promotion but his next fight after Maia was an interim championship belt. Think about that: from about to be fired to an interim Championship built because he insulted an entire nation. He made a boatload of money from being loud and obnoxious. If he hadn't he'd be earning maybe 20k in One or Bellator.

Drama gets people's attention but it makes a mockery of the sport. The purpose of drama is to draw people with a casual interest in the sport. They don't want to just watch the fight. They want a soap opera. Chael Sonnen got an undeserved title shot at light heavyweight because the UFC thought he could sell tickets with his trolling.

When McGregor lost to Khabib he told Khabib "it's just business" but Khabib wasn't having any of that. McGregor had insulted his wife and his father.

I can understand anyone hating Brazilian MMA fans because of how they behave (chanting 'you're going to die') but you still need to show class but class doesn't sell tickets in this modern culture. The only exception is GSP. He's a classy guy and was always able to draw eyeballs to the sport. He's pretty much the exception. Everyone else needs to shit talk or the public doesn't care.
    Colby playing a role is crazy to a extend that it even made him publicly insult Masvidal, a guy that always supported him.
    Not just Masvidal but the entire ATT, Mike Brown and Dustin.

Seems to be some sort of cold blooded businessman but also seem to have a good side, hard to judge from the outside anyway.
    But creating such a persona and insult the people publicly that backed you up, doesnt speak for him overall.

MMA is exciting enough, I dont see why the trash talk is needed.

I was more hyped for Oliveria vs Poirier than McGregor Vs. Poirier 3, regardless of the McGregor name and his Trashtalk.

What do you think of Chimaev btw?

Last Online
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,809
    Given: 13,753

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    I've seen this video before. I agree with Thomas Sowell. The culture as a whole has changed. Sportsmanship is a thing of the past. It's more WWF like shit. Colby Covington's career is a good analogy to explain the change. The UFC was planning to cut him whether he beat Maia or not because they said his fighting style was boring. So he took a page out of Chael Sonnen's book and became a troll (insulting Brazil, low brow personal attacks on a number of people, etc.) and it paid off in that not only was he not cut from the promotion but his next fight after Maia was an interim championship belt. Think about that: from about to be fired to an interim Championship built because he insulted an entire nation. He made a boatload of money from being loud and obnoxious. If he hadn't he'd be earning maybe 20k a fight in One or Bellator.
    Drama gets people's attention but it makes a mockery of the sport. The purpose of drama is to draw people with a casual interest to the sport. They don't want to just watch the fight. They want a soap opera. Chael Sonnen got an undeserved title shot at light heavyweight because the UFC thought he could sell tickets with his trolling.
    When McGregor lost to Khabib he told him "it's just business" but Khabib wasn't having any of that. McGregor had insulted his wife and his father. McGregor was selling tickets. Khabib isn't interested in money. He's interested in legacy.
    I can understand anyone hating Brazilian MMA fans because of how they behave (chanting 'you're going to die') but you still should show class but class doesn't sell tickets in this modern culture. The only exception is GSP. He's a classy guy and was always able to draw eyeballs to the sport. He's pretty much the exception. Everyone else needs to shit talk or the public doesn't care.
    Just look at Gegard Moussasi,
    He is a 6 time MMA world champion , was Dream LHW world chmpion, Dream MW world champion, Strikeforce LHW world champion, Cage Warriors LHW world champion, he is current Bellator MW world champion, he has won 48 out of 57 fights and he has beat Machida, Weidman, Rory Mcdonald, Jacare, etc. He is a phenomenal and very under credited fighter. He beat Weidman at UFC but because he wasnt a obnoxious loudmouth like Connor or Colby covington UFC wouldnt pay him what he was worth so he went to Bellator. He never got the credit he deserved because he is a humble guy who doesnt talk a lot of shit.
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Colby playing a role is crazy to a extend that it even made him publicly insult Masvidal, a guy that always supported him.
    Not just Masvidal but the entire ATT, Mike Brown and Dustin.

Seems to be some sort of cold blooded businessman but also seem to have a good side, hard to judge from the outside anyway. But creating such a persona and insult the people publicly that backed you up, doesnt speak for him overall.
    I have a nagging suspicion that they're all in on it to build up future fights but what they say about each other is so harsh that I also think it's most probably true.

I always hear Colby is a nice guy in person.

MMA is exciting enough, I dont see why the trash talk is needed.

I was more hyped for Oliveria vs Poirier than McGregor Vs. Poirier 3, regardless of the McGregor name and his Trashtalk.

What do you think of Chimaev btw?
    Chimaev is exciting but he talks a bit too much for a guy with only 4 UFC fights (2 good fighters) under his belt. You only know how good someone is by their competition. Although supposedly only Neil Magny is willing to fight him. If that's accurate then I can understand the arrogance.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oszkar07 View Post
    Just look at Gegard Moussasi,
    He is a 6 time MMA world champion , was Dream LHW world chmpion, Dream MW world champion, Strikeforce LHW world champion, Cage Warriors LHW world champion, he is current Bellator MW world champion, he has won 48 out of 57 fights and he has beat Machida, Weidman, Rory Mcdonald, Jacare, etc. He is a phenomenal and very under credited fighter. He beat Weidman at UFC but because he wasnt a obnoxious loudmouth like Connor or Colby covington UFC wouldnt pay him what he was worth so he went to Bellator. He never got the credit he deserved because he is a humble guy who doesnt talk a lot of shit.
    What I don't like about Moussasi is he always has an excuse when he loses.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Faked again

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ghjsiSXdOeE

Need to keep milking his moneycow by staying undefeated, his opponents gladly play along with the money they make

boxing is dead anyway

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information