To visit the new project of Mikko Kodisoja, the cofounder of Finnish gaming studio Supercell, I had to promise to never reveal its location.

The secrecy seemed over the top for a new movie studio near Helsinki. But then I saw the technology for myself — and understood how it could change cinema forever.

The idea of Kodisoja’s studio is to use new technology to combine the realism of filming on camera with special effects that used to be possible only on green screen.

In most special effects-heavy films today, actors perform with a green screen behind them and the special effects (explosions, aliens, foreign planets and the like) are added afterwards digitally.

On Kodisoja’s set, there is a giant semicircular LED wall where special effects and backgrounds can be rendered in real-time with the help of powerful gaming software and live camera tracking. The actors then say their lines in front of this wall, which means effects can be shot in-camera instead of added in post-production.
https://sifted.eu/articles/supercell...ie-studio-cgi/

Disney be trembling ofc tho I didn't quite get from the article how it differs from the Disney one. But I'm sure it superior ofc.