Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,878
    Given: 16,891

1 Not allowed!

Default European left using the term "BIPoC"

BIPoC means (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color)

As a I1 male living in Europe I cant be any more Indigenous than I am.

Its such a joke that they copy EVERY DAMN woke and english term from the USA

Its surreal

Last Online
    12-28-2021 @ 06:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Mostly England, possibly Scotland
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 12

2 Not allowed!

That is surreal. "BIPOC" is a concept that is pretty unique to the US given our history. I heard the British use the term "BAME" because the majority are indigenous to there, but unlike here, many minority peoples are opposed to it because it does not take into account people's differences.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sirhc View Post
    "BIPOC" is a concept that is pretty unique to the US given our history. I heard the British use the term "BAME" because the majority are indigenous to there, but unlike here, many minority peoples are opposed to it because it does not take into account people's differences.
    BIPOC grew out of the word POC in America in order to highlight the specific oppression black and indigenous people, as a subsection of POC, face.

Europe definitely has colonised indigenous groups (Sámi in Scandinavia, indigenous Siberians in Russia, Rűm/Armenians in Turkey including indigenous Assyrians in Hakkari and Tur Abdin), even in Austria for example, the borders of the Habsburgs kingdom have changed many many times, through wars, political marriages and treaties.

This means that a lot of different cultures and languages were part of this kingdom, then part of another kingdom, than back to the previous one. There are many indigenous areas that were forced to assimilate to a new language and culture (Transylvania, Bukovina, South Tyrol to just name a few). Some of these areas are still the cause of national tensions between neighbouring countries to this day.

Because of how state borders broke up after WW1, there are minorities of the (former) neighbouring countries (Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak and Slovene people) who are by UN definition (kind of) Indigenous Peoples, but in Austria they are called "Volksgruppen". And the Sámi are the only UN recognised indigenous group in Europe.

Gypsies fit the POC part very well, they are brown ethnic minorities, but they weren't colonised, so I would not consider them indigenous. These brownies however definitely do not have the same social standing as native Europeans do. They face daily micro-aggression as well as systemic disadvantages when applying for jobs, renting houses etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Thread Information