Thread: Origin of the Bulgarian flag

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 04:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Byzantine + Scythian (5.528) Seleucid + Scythian (5.695) Seleucid + Gaul (7.389) Byzantine + Gaul
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    E-FTD7860 / maternal grandparents I-p37, J-M172
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,896
    Given: 1,003

0 Not allowed!

Из Добруджа, они и на сегодняшний день живут около Варна и Русе
    ...Even if a man lives well, he dies and another one comes into existence. Let the one who comes later upon seeing this inscription remember the one who had made it. And the name is Omurtag, Kanasubigi.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    Bulgarians inhabited all the western shore of the Black Sea from somewhere NW of Istanbul to today's Rep. Moldova. up to today they do, except for Dobrudja, this gap being artificially done by the displacement of the population. Dobrudja they shared with Crimean Tatars, Russian Lipovans and Ukrainian Khokhols, who still inhabit it, and weren't deported, just mostly assimilated into Romanians. I wish relations were closer between Romania and Bulgaria now and some of these recent events be acknowledged by the Romanian side - I myself come from a minority community in Romania, the Carpathian Russians (Ukrainians), so I'm accustomed to Romania's assimilation policies. other than Dobrudja Bulgarians, many Bulgarians assimilated into Romanian population in Wallachia along the previous 3 centuries, constantly moving to Wallachia where they were known as gardeners - growing and selling the best vegetables. southern Romanians of some specific regions descend from Bulgarians in part
    Don't spread historical lies nigga. Bulgarians never inhabited any part of today RM historically, they are absolute alien to the region.Their presence here is because of Russians who encouraged them to settle here. There's no any "artificial" gap here, Dobrudja itself being for centuries inhabited mostly by different Turkic populations, not Bulgarians.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Don't spread historical lies nigga. Bulgarians never inhabited any part of today RM historically, they are absolute alien to the region.Their presence here is because of Russians who encouraged them to settle here. There's no any "artificial" gap here, Dobrudja itself being for centuries inhabited mostly by different Turkic populations, not Bulgarians.
    iImentioned RM for relevance over today's borders, while I meant Moldova as a region, its southeast, Budjak etc, which historically has always been a region populated by very different peoples that often went on to settle somewhere else, so the idea was Vlachs (Balkan Latin speakers) weren't the natives there, while Bulgars established themselves there over a longer time span. of course it's probably more about the Budjak region which is mostly south of what's RM today, in Ukraine. also, it's a bit confusing when speaking about Moldova region, whose historically relevant territories are those west of river Prut, since 99% of what is called the history of Moldova happened between Carpathians and Prut, and it can be confusing both for RM nationals who think anything Moldova refers to them and for foreigners who are unaware the core of Moldova lies in today's Romania. while I identify as Moldovan (as I do as Carpathian Rusnak as well) I don't link it to Balkan Latins exclusively and I am aware of the ethnic mix us Moldovans are, and Bulgarians are a part of our heritage, as Ruthenians/Ukrainians/Rusnaks, Russians/Lipovans, Greeks or to a lesser extent Tatars, Jews and Roma/Gypsies are as well.

just wanted to point that at the level of 19th century, by the ethnic division maps I've seen, Bulgarians were much more established by the Black Sea than Wallachians. of course, this bears little relevance today and should not worry anyone if mentioned. the main problem for RM at the moment I think is the possibility of it to disappear within the borders of Romania (which I don't welcome, as a Moldovan I wish the name continues as an independent country, even though we aren't part of it here west of the Prut, but I feel something dear to us would be lost if Moldova is out of the maps).

1861 ethnic division map, done by a French geographer (it doesn't show the Ukrainian Khokhols and the Russian Lipovans in the white are of the Danube Delta, I think they were already there, it would have completed the picture of how multi-ethnic the region was, and is, to an extent):

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Nurzat; 08-02-2023 at 01:01 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    romanian canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 181

0 Not allowed!

iImentioned RM for relevance over today's borders, while I meant Moldova as a region, its southeast, Budjak etc, which historically has always been a region populated by very different peoples that often went on to settle somewhere else, so the idea was Vlachs (Balkan Latin speakers) weren't the natives there, while Bulgars established themselves there over a longer time span. of course it's probably more about the Budjak region which is mostly south of what's RM today, in Ukraine. also, it's a bit confusing when speaking about Moldova region, whose historically relevant territories are those west of river Prut, since 99% of what is called the history of Moldova happened between Carpathians and Prut, and it can be confusing both for RM nationals who think anything Moldova refers to them and for foreigners who are unaware the core of Moldova lies in today's Romania. while I identify as Moldovan (as I do as Carpathian Rusnak as well) I don't link it to Balkan Latins exclusively and I am aware of the ethnic mix us Moldovans are, and Bulgarians are a part of our heritage, as Ruthenians/Ukrainians/Rusnaks, Russians/Lipovans, Greeks or to a lesser extent Tatars, Jews and Roma/Gypsies are as well.

just wanted to point that at the level of 19th century, by the ethnic division maps I've seen, Bulgarians were much more established by the Black Sea than Wallachians. of course, this bears little relevance today and should not worry anyone if mentioned. the main problem for RM at the moment I think is the possibility of it to disappear within the borders of Romania (which I don't welcome, as a Moldovan I wish the name continues as an independent country, even though we aren't part of it here west of the Prut, but I feel something dear to us would be lost if Moldova is out of the maps).
    Yes the evil vlachs took over poor east Slavs homeland man can I have the crack you smoking , it sounds good

. . .
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ioas12 View Post
    Yes the evil vlachs took over poor east Slavs homeland man can I have the crack you smoking , it sounds good
    no one said that. don't misinterpret what I write - also, the population displacement done by Romania after it took over Dobrudja is known and documented and no secret - they took Bulgarians living for centuries or more in the region and moved them south of the border in Bulgaria. Dobrudja has then been repopulated mostly with Wallachians, hence many of the artificial village names in the region now (Horia, Closca, Crisan, Stefan cel Mare, Mihai Viteazu, Traian etc, they really didn't know how to name these new Wallachian colonies so they used very obvious historical names).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    romanian canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

no one said that. don't misinterpret what I write - also, the population displacement done by Romania after it took over Dobrudja is known and documented and no secret - they took Bulgarians living for centuries or more in the region and moved them south of the border in Bulgaria. Dobrudja has then been repopulated mostly with Wallachians, hence many of the artificial village names in the region now (Horia, Closca, Crisan, Stefan cel Mare, Mihai Viteazu, Traian etc, they really didn't know how to name these new Wallachian colonies so they used very obvious historical names).
    Yes evil Romania doing evil things muhahaa.

. . .
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"The Treaty of Craiova was signed on September 7, 1940, between Romania and Bulgaria. Under its terms, Romania ceded the southern part of Dobrudja (the Cadrilater) and the 2 states agreed to participate in the organization of a population exchange. About 108,000 Romanians (almost 95% of whom settled there after 1913, /therefore Romania had to only take back its very recent colonists[/) left Southern Dobruja, whereas 77,000 Bulgarians had to leave Northern Dobruja. /while the Bulgarians that were moved by force to Bulgaria had inhabited their villages in Dobrudja for centuries at least/"

anyway, the two countries seem to be on pretty good terms overall so I don't want to highlight anything, but just in reply to the sarcastic messages above

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    romanian canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"The Treaty of Craiova was signed on September 7, 1940, between Romania and Bulgaria. Under its terms, Romania ceded the southern part of Dobrudja (the Cadrilater) and the 2 states agreed to participate in the organization of a population exchange. About 108,000 Romanians (almost 95% of whom settled there after 1913, /therefore Romania had to only take back its very recent colonists/) left Southern Dobruja, whereas 77,000 Bulgarians had to leave Northern Dobruja. /while the Bulgarians that were moved by force to Bulgaria had inhabited their villages in Dobrudja for centuries at least/"
    Like I said Romania doing evil things . It was so good talking to you till next time my dear nurzat

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Its true and it wasn't Romanians - it was Nicolae Ignatiev - Russian ambassador to Constantinople.

He moved people all over the place.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    romanian canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Its true and it wasn't Romanians - it was Nicolae Ignatiev - Russian ambassador to Constantinople.

He moved people all over the place.
    I was just messing with nurzat. Oops I made my dear nurzat cry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information