Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did the United States of America stop being seen, as a Nation, as European?

Last Online
    02-21-2023 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Ancestry
    English, German, and Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H3a
    Taxonomy
    Long face
    Politics
    Anglo-European Nationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 108

2 Not allowed!

Default When did the United States of America stop being seen, as a Nation, as European?

At the time of WW2, ~90% of the population of the United States was of effectively 100% European descent. Our culture was exclusively a european one and our relation with other peoples was only that of outsiders. This is the culture that my family comes from and what I still see as my "America" but that is clearly not the case anymore. When did this perception change for those outside the U.S.?

Hialt

2 Not allowed!

1. Blond hair won't go nowhere.
    2. Perceptions are perhaps advancing faster than the reality. That is, the US remains overwhelmingly white in population, despite all the 20th century immigration from all corners of the globe. Look at the audience of Jerry Springer, as a fine example. Furthermore, it would appear that the historical Northern European population contribution to America was MAJOR, giving the vast majority of white Americans a rather uber-white (blue eyes/blond hair) distinctive character, to the extent that it can be said the typical white American is a "blond."
    3. I think that sometimes we re-discover, or re-visit, aspects of our national/ethnic identity, in cycles through time. What is in fashion one generation, is not in fashion the next. Right now, it is in fashion to hype multiculturalism, exclusively, I think. 200 years from now, that might be different. The pendulum doth go back and forth.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Probably 2008, but it was well on the way all the way from back in the 90's.

By 1940 standards white population was probably closer to 80%, since spics used to be considered white unless they were black or mulatto.

1965 - Jews started the mess with help from the eternal paddy.

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (you can thank Reagan for giving millions of illegal spics amnesty).

Proposition 187 was the last gasp of whiteness in California (a jewish judge promptly struck down the law as unconstitutional). Everything was fine for decades because the numbers were sustainable. But in the last decade it's like they flipped a switch and opened the flood gates, now when you walk through every major city whites are minorities.

Of the 32% of the US in urban cores white people have been the minority since the late 90s. The demographics of every public high school look like this.

Even in southern states like Georgia, negroes produced the same amount of kids as whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    02-21-2023 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Ancestry
    English, German, and Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H3a
    Taxonomy
    Long face
    Politics
    Anglo-European Nationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post

By 1940 standards white population was probably closer to 80%, since spics used to be considered white unless they were black or mulatto.

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (you can thank Reagan for giving millions of illegal spics amnesty).

Proposition 187 was the last gasp of whiteness in California (a jewish judge promptly struck down the law as unconstitutional). Everything was fine for decades because the numbers were sustainable. But in the last decade it's like they flipped a switch and opened the flood gates, now when you walk through every major city whites are minorities.

Of the 32% of the US in urban cores white people have been the minority since the late 90s. The demographics of every public high school look like this.

Even in southern states like Georgia, negroes produced the same amount of kids as whites.

I think they did actually have a category for hispanic/latino whites in 1940, I know the white population was at an all time high then and never went below 80% from 1600 until 1970ish. No way with the sliding grade of what people consider white would mestizos be considered "white" at the time.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,184
    Given: 58,957

0 Not allowed!

In the 1980s I saw America as White. I used to be a kid in the 1980s, I used to play with cowboy and indian toys and I saw americans as white. But now I wouldnt anymore. There are too many non-white americans now as that america would be white.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthDutch7991 View Post
    I think they did actually have a category for hispanic/latino whites in 1940, I know the white population was at an all time high then and never went below 80% from 1600 until 1970ish. No way with the sliding grade of what people consider white would mestizos be considered "white" at the time.
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Getae
    Ethnicity
    Montenegrin + Polish
    Country
    Montenegro
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H10a
    Relationship Status
    i don't believe in monogamy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 386
    Given: 368

1 Not allowed!

When whites let capitalism destroy tribalism and social unity of the race

Hialt

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by E1b1b View Post
    When whites let capitalism destroy tribalism and social unity of the race
    Why am I imagining a nudist colony full of Nordics, who are working on a project together at the community hall? Hahahaha

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,184
    Given: 58,957

0 Not allowed!

I don't think so.

I had a friend, online friend, who is roma and sinti and she is from new york, she has roots in the colonies. She said very early her ancestors were classified as (M) Mullato and some as White, later they were classified as White, and then when it arrived that you can check your race yourself and not the census taker, they classified themselfes as "Other". I think most census takers would have classified me as White, rather then Mullato. But some of my relatives would have been classified as Mullato. My mum has a cousin who is even for roma standards very dark, and the community and relatives call him Zhika Africa because he is so dark, they have a story why he is so dark, it said that his mum when she was pregnant with him saw a Black African and she was scared, then he became so dark. A curse kinda lol. Im sure he would have been classified as Mullato and many others in my family. But I would have been classified as White rather then Mullato if the census taker had to guess because I would probably pass the paper bag test.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,030
    Given: 6,626

0 Not allowed!

1776 (or 1783).

When did the US stop being seen as a White country? It's gradual, ongoing process since the 1960s/70s. If I had to choose a tipping point from White country to multiracial country in the public imagination, the Obama years would be it. Not only because of the demographics, but because of the way America started projecting itself from then on.

But the standard idea of an American is still a White person, and probably will be for the forseeable future. When leftists worldwide make fun of Americans it's always some Bible Belt White Southerner called Bubba or something they're portraying. And I'll never see anyone but Whites as real Americans.
    Last edited by Creoda; 01-13-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information