Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,989
    Given: 6,606

11 Not allowed!

Default Spiritual connection to land

Do you believe in it?

Family members of mine (who aren't 'spiritual' types) have often said they felt something when they visited certain historical battlefields in Europe, and more broadly parts of England/Ireland when they've been there. Certain landscapes of the British Isles are also evocative for me. By contrast I've been struck by a lack of any spiritual connection to the Australian landscape/countryside. Beyond the sights and smells I'm accustomed to and feel like home, from my perspective it feels as though the land is completely spiritually empty, as though nobody ever lived here before Whites, despite that I know it's been inhabited for tens of thousands of years. I suppose Aborigines would feel differently towards it (if they have any complex emotions), so if this spiritual connection to land exists, it's very much ethnic/ancestral based, some kind of ancestral memory perhaps.

What do you think?

Last Online
    02-19-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Yaksha
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 60

0 Not allowed!

Having a distinction b/w 'spirit' and 'mind' here , now I ain't sure if the latter/worldly self will be hit by a profound emotion of like being back to my eternally real & lively home upon a visit to Shahpur (in modern day Pakistan) which was the homeland of my ancestors but the pics. or a read of it do nothing to me beyond a passing curiousity . A bit more for my father (alongwith him sometimes poking fun at my mum quoting his aristocratic legacy) . It is likely he might feel of what you say a spiritual connection in case he visits the place for real . While my grandfather was a different ball game with his Shahpuria nostalgia taking a pathological,troublesome turn towards his amnesic end but then again he was born & grew up there .

So to ans. , I guess it varies from case to case .

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    Certain landscapes of the British Isles are also evocative for me. By contrast I've been struck by a lack of any spiritual connection to the Australian landscape/countryside.
    Only you will ultimately be able to learn and discern what it is that prevents you from “seeing the face of God” as it were, in an unfamiliar landscape.

A rather long lecture with not the best sound quality either, yet it might provide some ideas for open questioning, as with everything, some intent and effort at the start is needed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiq5Fc9l1Oc

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,989
    Given: 6,606

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Only you will ultimately be able to learn and discern what it is that prevents you from “seeing the face of God” as it were, in an unfamiliar landscape.

A rather long lecture with not the best sound quality either, yet it might provide some ideas for open questioning, as with everything, some intent and effort at the start is needed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiq5Fc9l1Oc
    The 'face of god' is not what I'm talking about. I very much feel the beauty of creation in much of the Australian landscape, even the more extreme environments, there is just a disconnect there.
    Last edited by Creoda; 01-16-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,196
    Given: 9,818

4 Not allowed!

In Budapest, especially in Buda side, i feel the history every day, seeing these medieval streets, the castles and everything, i had same feelings in Pilis and Danube Bend, these places are very historical and impressive. But other parts of Hungary are just empty soulless areas with commie architecture. Czechia, Austria, Bavaria are also beautiful historical places with soul.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2024 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,351
    Given: 4,487

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    Do you believe in it?

Family members of mine (who aren't 'spiritual' types) have often said they felt something when they visited certain historical battlefields in Europe, and more broadly parts of England/Ireland when they've been there. Certain landscapes of the British Isles are also evocative for me. By contrast I've been struck by a lack of any spiritual connection to the Australian landscape/countryside. Beyond the sights and smells I'm accustomed to and feel like home, from my perspective it feels as though the land is completely spiritually empty, as though nobody ever lived here before Whites, despite that I know it's been inhabited for tens of thousands of years. I suppose Aborigines would feel differently towards it (if they have any complex emotions), so if this spiritual connection to land exists, it's very much ethnic/ancestral based, some kind of ancestral memory perhaps.

What do you think?
    Not for a single second. It's a massive waste to have people die for land that they will never even own. Countless soldiers have died in battles and even wars that were moronic in nature and akin to mass last stands because of the "sacredness" of the soil spun to them by someone who'd actually be the real beneficiary in the end. Well, I hope that they all are enjoying it hundreds of years later when their skeletons are further destroyed by excavators and the land is paved into a highway.

I love beautiful vistas, the wide open plains, the mountains, etc, as a big fan of travel, hiking, camping, etc. However, there are countless beautiful sights all over the planet. What makes a "land" belong to a "nation" is the presence of the people on it and their ability to resist molestation from a hostile entity, nothing more.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

2 Not allowed!

Yeah have spiritual connection to a certain spirit and idea. If a nation has stronger connection to land than to a certain idea where that nation is going, then it is going to lose the long game in these waters in these times.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,955
    Given: 12,180

4 Not allowed!

Many people say commie blocks are ugly, but I like them. Wouldn't call it a "spiritual connection" though.
    Places like this have their own, unique character and look interesting to me.

I think commieblocks are underrated.
    Last edited by Universe; 01-16-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Alexandro

5 Not allowed!

I wouldn't call it a spiritual connection, but when I visit the provinces my parents are from (and consequently, my ancestors) there is a certain feeling indeed. Perhaps it could be some ancestral memory like you mentioned because I never lived in those places yet they feel like home.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Many people say commie blocks are ugly, but I like them. Wouldn't call it a "spiritual connection" though.
    Places like this have their own, unique character and look interesting to me.

I think commieblocks are underrated.
    teh brutality teh humanity

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information