Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Dinarid-Armenoid and Med-Indid connected?

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 12:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 416

0 Not allowed!

Default Are Dinarid-Armenoid and Med-Indid connected?

Could it be said that Dinarid and Armenoid form one larger group similar to how some consider Mediterranids and Indids to be connected? Or are Dinarids more a europid type that simply developed somewhat similar features as adaption to mountain climates while armenoids are mountain adapted orientalids? What about Indids and Mediterranid? According to humanphenotypes even the Indids are part of the Mediterranoid Group, so are they just Meds that adapted to a hotter climate and admixed with veddids?

Junior Member BeSustainable5903's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-05-2022 @ 12:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    South Asian (East Indian)
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 19

0 Not allowed!

I am not an expert by any means, but Indids only have a distant connection with Meds, which is attributed to ANI ancestry. Modern day Indians are very different from your average med.

Last Online
    11-22-2023 @ 05:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Peruano Norteño
    Country
    Peru
    Taxonomy
    Waiting...
    Politics
    I dont know
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

I always thought that mediterranid and orientalid were connected

Junior Member BeSustainable5903's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-05-2022 @ 12:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    South Asian (East Indian)
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 19

0 Not allowed!

Is orientalid a common type in India?

Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,516
    Given: 8,746

2 Not allowed!

Highly complicated and yet also irrelevant because nobody here classifies per skull types, rather coloring and facial feautures/ vibe, and of course- nose.

As someone did not understand me before, its not Indid but Orientalid that is similar to Med, India simply has Middle Eastern and Steppe Ancestry (specific Iranian related).

Dinaric/ Taurid-like skulls appeared in the Bronze Age somewhere in the Asia minor, Armenoid is a specialized Taurid (local Orientalid mixture, in Assyroid- Arabid however Coon describes a formation of an Armenoid type in Neolithic Iran/ Iraq- Mesopotamia), just like European types would be. But its about the flat occiput, not convex nose which is to some degree almost a Pan Med/Caucasoid trait but its more common in some than in others. So in theory Dinaric is a brachycephalic, convex nosed Med. Now wish you good luck to guess if a "Baskid" is mesocephalic or sub-brachy etc.

Recommend you reading more about genetics tbh and SNPA Coon if you are interested in anthropology, if you combine both you might get a better understanding.

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 12:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 416

0 Not allowed!

Personally i would group dinarid and armenoid as one macrogroup. Also meds, orientalids and indids. Though indids probably absorbed foreign elements of previous people living in India. The mediterranid range from very gracile types most pronounced into gracile meds and gracile indids to more archaic types like Berid or Proto Iranid.

Ok i will look into it, i know anthropology or classifying is often more superficial and genetics probably the most accurate way to go

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,434
    Given: 5,749

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    Highly complicated and yet also irrelevant because nobody here classifies per skull types, rather coloring and facial feautures/ vibe, and of course- nose.

As someone did not understand me before, its not Indid but Orientalid that is similar to Med, India simply has Middle Eastern and Steppe Ancestry (specific Iranian related).

Dinaric/ Taurid-like skulls appeared in the Bronze Age somewhere in the Asia minor, Armenoid is a specialized Taurid (local Orientalid mixture, in Assyroid- Arabid however Coon describes a formation of an Armenoid type in Neolithic Iran/ Iraq- Mesopotamia), just like European types would be. But its about the flat occiput, not convex nose which is to some degree almost a Pan Med/Caucasoid trait but its more common in some than in others. So in theory Dinaric is a brachycephalic, convex nosed Med. Now wish you good luck to guess if a "Baskid" is mesocephalic or sub-brachy etc.

Recommend you reading more about genetics tbh and SNPA Coon if you are interested in anthropology, if you combine both you might get a better understanding.
    Do you think Proto Iranids evolved from a proto Cro Magnon source? according to info i have read on the phenotype there is a cro magnid aspect to some Iran Meds.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,516
    Given: 8,746

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Do you think Proto Iranids evolved from a proto Cro Magnon source? according to info i have read on the phenotype there is a cro magnid aspect to some Iran Meds.
    this is another maybe important thing, once Cro Magnids gracilize and get more progressive they could evolve (potetionally at least) into Proto Mediterranid forms like more robuster Proto Iranid forms are- if its practically true however, its another question.

Again the chapter Neoltihic Iran/Iraq gives us some answers:

A series of seventeen crania from al 'Ubaid8 (see Appendix I, col. 4), which may be predynastic or early dynastic, belong without exception to a type which has been called Eurafrican, and which has been the most numerous and most characteristic element in the population of Mesopotamia from the time of the marsh dwellers at al 'Ubaid to the present day. These skulls are large, heavy, and purely dolichocephalic. They belong to the larger- and longer-headed Mediterranean division, nearest in vault size and form to the earlier Galley Hill and Combe Capelle.They differ in one important respect, however, from most European skulls of the same general type, in that their nasal bones are extremely prominent and highly placed. These early Sumerians, like the inhabitants of the Iranian plateau, had already acquired the projecting, aquiline noses so characteristic of the modern Near East. Like the plateau dwellers, these early Sumerians were Afghanian in race.

So to answer they share similarites to robuster Caucasoids but arent related to WHG/ Upper Paleolithic Euroepans. in closer sense

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,434
    Given: 5,749

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    this is another maybe important thing, once Cro Magnids gracilize and get more progressive they could evolve (potetionally at least) into Proto Mediterranid forms like more robuster Proto Iranid forms are- if its practically true however, its another question.

Again the chapter Neoltihic Iran/Iraq gives us some answers:

A series of seventeen crania from al 'Ubaid8 (see Appendix I, col. 4), which may be predynastic or early dynastic, belong without exception to a type which has been called Eurafrican, and which has been the most numerous and most characteristic element in the population of Mesopotamia from the time of the marsh dwellers at al 'Ubaid to the present day. These skulls are large, heavy, and purely dolichocephalic. They belong to the larger- and longer-headed Mediterranean division, nearest in vault size and form to the earlier Galley Hill and Combe Capelle.They differ in one important respect, however, from most European skulls of the same general type, in that their nasal bones are extremely prominent and highly placed. These early Sumerians, like the inhabitants of the Iranian plateau, had already acquired the projecting, aquiline noses so characteristic of the modern Near East. Like the plateau dwellers, these early Sumerians were Afghanian in race.

So to answer they share similarites to robuster Caucasoids but arent related to WHG/ Upper Paleolithic Euroepans.
    Very interesting, so who is related to WHG etc? i think that the aquiline noses from the middle east ended up in north America through ancient migrations and mixing with mongoloids, that is only my theory though.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tropically adapted gallaeci
    Ethnicity
    Sleepless
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sardinia
    Politics
    Fascism gets ignorant people fascinated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,238
    Given: 1,174

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Very interesting, so who is related to WHG etc? i think that the aquiline noses from the middle east ended up in north America through ancient migrations and mixing with mongoloids, that is only my theory though.
    Ancient North eurasians maybe had aquiline noses?
    if I understood it correctly it is the only caucasoid component in native americans.
    Last edited by Tongio; 01-18-2022 at 01:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information