The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight View Post
    Most of the blacks in the eastern regions are of haitian origin, they have for ever blanketed the demographics in those areas. I can clearly tell apart from a "black" dominican and a haitian.
    Theres lots of dominicans that are of haitian decent in san cristobal and bani. What are you talking about. They literally have names like lasouse, corporan, sussane, lachappel, george, lapaix, michel ect. You wouldn't be able to tell em apart. And these names get lost after time in families also because females dont pass on family names unless the child is illegitimate. Most of their ancestry isnt haitian necessarily but they definitely have haitian ancestry because alot of the mullato /quadroon and some white french haitians escpaped to DR and stayed there. The mullato class haitians were had some privilege during haitian colonial era but most blacks in haiti were slaves.
    Im actually looking into haitian geneology because i have a haitian ancestor that escaped to DR and fled to san christobal. His grandfather was a french lieutenant in haiti portu au prince before arriving in san Cristóbal.

Im starting to investigate haiti and i see from time to time many dominican french surnames in haitian records. Investigating my dominicans of my ancestors paternal surname is making me feel like theres llink between new mexico and haiti. Because i found a record of one saying that they couldnt provide memory to a court. And it said something about superior of the french government and bienes de nueva espana. So it sounded like property or assets from new spain were involved or they came from mexico. Its not super clear to me. Specifically im speculating a link between areas around merida mexico and yucatan. Those places had africans and afro mexicans in mexico. Although blacks in mexico usually weren't slaves after mixing because the rights of indians let them inherit rights through their native parents side.
    This was a record about inheritance of property it seemed of a dead person. Some relatives looked like they were trying to claim.
    Last edited by zebruh; 01-23-2022 at 12:06 AM.

Alexandro

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Is it kinda like how the US has no royalty like kings, queens and monarchs for example but England does ?
    Anyways I think Latin Americans are too conservative compared to the more liberal Europeans.
    Sure, but I was more just referring to the inevitable drift that happens between a daughter population and metropole over subsequent generations and their adaptation to a land different to the one of their ancestors. Above all the colonials who have been in the new world for a long time and have little to do in many aspects with their motherland today because they had a different evolution.
    Last edited by Alexandro; 01-23-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    Sure, but I was more just referring to the inevitable drift that happens between a daughter population and metropole over subsequent generations and their adaptation to a land different to the one of their ancestors. Above all the colonials who have been in the new world for a long time and have little to do in many aspects with their motherland today because they had a different evolution.
    That makes sense, even 1st Gen immigrants aren’t like they’re parents either. A split in mindset from they’re mother country and receiving one was bound to happen.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-07-2022 @ 08:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ancestry
    Various Mandalorians and tuang
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    J-L283 [Mandallian Giant] Proto Illyrian
    mtDNA
    Tuang C1B2
    Taxonomy
    Taxed, true mandalorians never removes their helmet
    Hero
    Mandalore the first, Han Yolo, Mr. T., Rodrigo Roa Duterte
    Religion
    The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 5

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    True, but it also has its fair share of 90%ters. I happen to be sharing in 23andMe with one of them (You can look him up in Instagram as thetropicalguido (Stefano Valconi Marra) if he hasnt privatized it). The man happens to score 96.1% Euro, being the grandson of Italian and Spanish inmigrants, his local link being the paternal grandma. Here is his comparison vs me:

Attachment 112164

And his type aren't exactly unicorns, you just need to know where they hang out. Another example is the travel YTer William Ramos.

I agree with Italicus, autosomals are a better measure of a country's racial score than good ole eyeballing. Nobody would have been able to nail up my own score, for example, if they didn't know my full tree, and there are many cases like that. I am one of those 50 - 60% Euro middle class folks you mentioned, though, so you nailed that one right.
    you have similar 23andme dna results to my father. Although 23andme scored my father with less ssa than ancestrydna for some reason.
    His face structure is much more european influenced though but is olive skinned and looks more close to arab.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,868
    Given: 4,539

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zebruh View Post
    you have similar 23andme dna results to my father. Although 23andme scored my father with less ssa than ancestrydna for some reason.
    His face structure is much more european influenced though but is olive skinned and looks more close to arab.
    Yeah, the real variability of the mulatto class happens within the terceron (30-40% SSA) range. The amount of variation in phenotypes I have seen with some 23andMe relatives that I have on that range is enough to make one's head spin, so to speak.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Panamanian
    Ethnicity
    Mulato Colonial
    Ancestry
    Canarian Islanders, West African, Panamanian Natives
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    mtDNA
    A2
    Taxonomy
    Pardo: Atlanto Med + minor Berid + Sudanid + residual Centralid
    Politics
    Right wing populism
    Hero
    General Pinochet, General Torrijos, Donald Trump
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,275
    Given: 5,613

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    Yeah, the real variability of the mulatto class happens within the terceron (30-40% SSA) range. The amount of variation in phenotypes I have seen with some 23andMe relatives that I have on that range is enough to make one's head spin, so to speak.
    Es cierto, los griffes, Mulatos balanceado, octorones e incluso los cuarterones son más uniforme. Los tercerones pueden lucir desde pseudo dasi como usted, a pseudo moro como yo pasando por el fenotipo de Silverknight y otros mas
    A favor de la Unión del Caribe Hispano: Cuba, República Dominicana, Puerto Rico y Panamá

Mi mapa de Ancestros hace 4500 ańos atras

Como buen panameńo tengo: genetica espańola, aborigen guanche, judia sefardita, amerindia y negra lo unico exotico
    es el asiatico oriental debido a un bisabuelo chino

Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    U
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,019
    Given: 2,697

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by axel.aleman View Post
    Es cierto, los griffes, Mulatos balanceado, octorones e incluso los cuarterones son más uniforme. Los tercerones pueden lucir desde pseudo dasi como usted, a pseudo moro como yo pasando por el fenotipo de Silverknight y otros mas
    Y los hexadecagones? No creo que la mayoría de ‘octorones’ sean visiblemente afros. Cuarterones en adelante sí se nota mucho más.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2022 @ 02:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Central American
    Ancestry
    Salvadoran-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 235

0 Not allowed!

amazing thread

Vicente Garcia

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by axel.aleman View Post
    Pero Silvernight es como 41% SSA y 52% caucasoide o algo asi. En realidad el viene siendo un mulato balanceado con algo de nativo (y su fenotipo es de mulato balanceado tambien). Que te dijera yo si fuera por lo menos 37% SSA. Lo curioso es que su hermana luce mucho mas blanca/caucasoide que el. Aqui una vez la clasificaron de harniza (en realidad ella lo que parece es una cuerterona o cercano a eso). En 23andme yo he visto un monton tercerones con un fenotipo parecido (por lo menos lo veo entre mis relativos). Otros parecen como medio arabes o hindus.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information