Thread: Peter Dinklage pushes back on Disney remake of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 05:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,121
    Given: 1,884

0 Not allowed!

Default Peter Dinklage pushes back on Disney remake of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Peter Dinklage pushes back on Disney remake of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

The former “Game of Thrones” star said that despite “progressive” casting, the coming live-action remake still tells a “backward” story.”

Jan. 26, 2022

Peter Dinklage is pushing back against Disney studios for filming a live-action remake of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”

Dinklage, 52, who was born with a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia, said on Monday’s episode of the WTF with Marc Maron podcast that despite Disney’s “progressive” idea to cast Rachel Zegler as Snow White, the remake still tells a “backward” story.

“Literally no offense to anyone, but I was a little taken aback," he said. "They were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...arfs-rcna13570
    POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) être libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 12:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 416

0 Not allowed!

what is the point of it? Soo does he want snow white to feature 7 adult grown men? What is his problem? Is he against that people with dwarfism only get to play roles as fictional races dwarfs, gnomes etc? Or are infantilized in said roles or stereotypical? If yes, then i agree this should be adressed. I am against such stupid stereotype bullshit, its harmful. But i fail to see the connection he tries to make as it seems, the fact alone that there are "Dwarves" in Snow white is problematic. Soooo does he really think the concept of dwarves as in dwarves in fantasy setting is wrong? If that is so, its just fucking stupid, but the better way and to avoid any form of attack from woke culture would be to cast normal sized people as dwarfs similar to how LOTR and Hobbit did it. Do people really dont get the difference between dwarfism and FANTASY Dwarves, those are not even human and never meant to represent actual people with dwarfism. I honestly havent seen snowwhite since i was a kid, i dont really know a lot of it, i just know they were working in mines and let her stay in their place, what is offensive in how the dwarves are portrayed.
    Thats why i fucking hate the english language and its simplicity... here in german we can just say Zwerg and NO ONE thinks bout people with dwarfism, there is no connection whatsoever and if it is, it is flawed as Zwerge have always been a concept of a seperate races compared to Humans. People with dwarfism are called Kleinwüchsig, in the past the offensive term Liliputaner was also used, but not anymore. Americans constantly seeking for new problems, now even fantasy dwarves are problematic because people are too fucking stupid to distinguish between Fantasy dwarves and real humans with dwarfism, what bullshit haha

Not seeing any problem with Snowwhite played by a latina though. Usually i am against such things, for example i really dislike Witcher series because of their inconsistency... Elves, the same tribal group showing africans, whites and asians.. stupid shit.. Now if they made all Elves from the beginning East Asian, or Dryads black it would be fine.. but not some forced multiculturalism, that some look straight african, others pure east asian and others just white, thats not how a demographic unity works... It should be consistent and true to a certain core or an ethnic element not a mishmash just to please the Woke Bubble.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulta View Post
    what is the point of it? Soo does he want snow white to feature 7 adult grown men? What is his problem? Is he against that people with dwarfism only get to play roles as fictional races dwarfs, gnomes etc? Or are infantilized in said roles or stereotypical? If yes, then i agree this should be adressed. I am against such stupid stereotype bullshit, its harmful. But i fail to see the connection he tries to make as it seems, the fact alone that there are "Dwarves" in Snow white is problematic. Soooo does he really think the concept of dwarves as in dwarves in fantasy setting is wrong? If that is so, its just fucking stupid, but the better way and to avoid any form of attack from woke culture would be to cast normal sized people as dwarfs similar to how LOTR and Hobbit did it. Do people really dont get the difference between dwarfism and FANTASY Dwarves, those are not even human and never meant to represent actual people with dwarfism. I honestly havent seen snowwhite since i was a kid, i dont really know a lot of it, i just know they were working in mines and let her stay in their place, what is offensive in how the dwarves are portrayed.
    Thats why i fucking hate the english language and its simplicity... here in german we can just say Zwerg and NO ONE thinks bout people with dwarfism, there is no connection whatsoever and if it is, it is flawed as Zwerge have always been a concept of a seperate races compared to Humans. People with dwarfism are called Kleinwüchsig, in the past the offensive term Liliputaner was also used, but not anymore. Americans constantly seeking for new problems, now even fantasy dwarves are problematic because people are too fucking stupid to distinguish between Fantasy dwarves and real humans with dwarfism, what bullshit haha

Not seeing any problem with Snowwhite played by a latina though. Usually i am against such things, for example i really dislike Witcher series because of their inconsistency... Elves, the same tribal group showing africans, whites and asians.. stupid shit.. Now if they made all Elves from the beginning East Asian, or Dryads black it would be fine.. but not some forced multiculturalism, that some look straight african, others pure east asian and others just white, thats not how a demographic unity works... It should be consistent and true to a certain core or an ethnic element not a mishmash just to please the Woke Bubble.
    It's a German fairy tale. It ought not feature a "Latina." Imagine the uproar if they took a Hispanic fairy tale and cast Diane Kruger. Nobody ever watches these silly remakes anyway, though. They're just capitalizing on the fame and popularity of the originals.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am from a german cultural area and i dont give a fuck who they cast, its just a fairytale, not an actual historical event, or some form of mythology, i would be against casting a black person as some pre christian god for example, unless it is a fantasy god roughly based on a existing one, but is still "fictional". But falsifying actual history and mythology, that would be something that i would dislike. I dont give a fuck about colorism, which is the biggest shit people ever thought about. I only care about phenotypes and external apperance, i do not deny races for example, it would just be stupid to deny obvious differences in human external appeance. Its a reason why certain people look they do, most likely because of adaption to certain environments, founding effect, different lifestyles and diets etc. Still believe all races are equal and i do not make differences, i only care about how they behave.
    Yes you are right, there would be an outrage, a massive outrage i would bet. And i would be against it to cast a white person for example in some sort of african fairytale or similar.

We as europeans or european derived cultures had our unique fairytales and things, then like you white americans came and bastardized it already and made it commerical, so nothing traditional about it anymore anyways, i dont care about its authenticity. I had much more problems about the Movie "Krampus" in which Krampus portrayal was just some americanized garbage not close to the truth, than snow white being cast by a latina.

Besides i think she looks fitting, i can imagine her well as Snowwhite, she has that kind of "Disney Doll" face, i dobt she looks like your stereotypical latina either and her phenotype seems quite unique or ambigious.

Last edited by Zhulta; 01-26-2022 at 03:26 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am from a german cultural area and i dont give a fuck who they cast, its just a fairytale, not an actual historical event, or some form of mythology, i would be against casting a black person as some pre christian god for example, unless it is a fantasy god roughly based on a existing one, but is still "fictional". But falsifying actual history and mythology, that would be something that i would dislike. I dont give a fuck about colorism, which is the biggest shit people ever thought about. I only care about phenotypes and external apperance, i do not deny races for example, it would just be stupid to deny obvious differences in human external appeance. Its a reason why certain people look they do, most likely because of adaption to certain environments, founding effect, different lifestyles and diets etc. Still believe all races are equal and i do not make differences, i only care about how they behave.
    Yes you are right, there would be an outrage, a massive outrage i would bet. And i would be against it to cast a white person for example in some sort of african fairytale or similar.

We as europeans or european derived cultures had our unique fairytales and things, then like you white americans came and bastardized it already and made it commerical, so nothing traditional about it anymore anyways, i dont care about its authenticity. I had much more problems about the Movie "Krampus" in which Krampus portrayal was just some americanized garbage not close to the truth, than snow white being cast by a latina.

Besides i think she looks fitting, i can imagine her well as Snowwhite, she has that kind of "Disney Doll" face, i dobt she looks like your stereotypical latina either and her phenotype seems quite unique or ambigious.

She looks extremely Hispanic to me. Snow White looks European. Ava Gardner would have approximated the look much better. And you're right. Disney's version is an Americanization, and it's white America they're attacking with this crap. They're remaking our cultural icons within a multicultural framework.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Dunno if you can really go out there and claim these fairytales as "American culture"... It was just Disney claiming and adapting them, not more not less. Your "culture" has ALWAYS been about migration and multiculturalism, i wont even speak about the darker aspects that you white americans often dont even mention or aknowledge or somehow try to justify, because truth hurts i suppose and now if something that does not even belong to you nor defines your "culture" and gets "taken away" you feel offended. There is no thing such as White American culture or traditions, nor are white americans THE DEFINITION of USA or what it should be , you either are true Americans (Natives) or moved there and hence are culturally from an european backgground, i dont get why white americans dont reconnected to their european heritages?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Dunno if you can really go out there and claim these fairytales as "American culture"... It was just Disney claiming and adapting them, not more not less. Your "culture" has ALWAYS been about migration and multiculturalism, i wont even speak about the darker aspects that you white americans often dont even mention or aknowledge or somehow try to justify, because truth hurts i suppose and now if something that does not even belong to you nor defines your "culture" and gets "taken away" you feel offended. There is no thing such as White American culture or traditions, nor are white americans THE DEFINITION of USA or what it should be , you either are true Americans (Natives) or moved there and hence are culturally from an european backgground, i dont get why white americans dont reconnected to their european heritages?
    I'm not claiming the originals as American. But Disney's obviously are (you yourself called them bastardizations, which means they've been altered), and they have held a very important place in American culture, which yes, does exist and is white. America was built by Europeans for Europeans and is therefore a European creation. "Latinas" are not a part of it. I don't know what these "darker aspects" are to which you refer. Racism, slavery, "genocide" of the Indians? I have no hang-ups about these subjects and they bolster my point that America is a European nation and will be so long as it continues to exist.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I dont wanna go more into this, i just dont think we could get along in this point, i think its sad that so many of you white americans are not even critic about your own history and cant aknowledge that almost every aspect of your "culture" was founded on blood and crimes against humanity, you just think it was good it happend this way, i think its tragic what happend to the indigenous americans, but whatever...

We took this article out of context anyways, since its not realy about a Latina as snowwhite is something to considerate, but rather the casting of people with Dwarfism and how it should be treated reasonably. I still think Dinklage overreacts here, but i can see people with dwarfism feeling offended if the only roles they get to play are either stereotypical or humorous roles, or they feel dehumanized when playing "Dwarves". Also his role in GoT was quite badass wasnt it? Not really into ther series, since i dont wanna spend so much money for it, but AFAIK he was quite an important character and not infantilized or anything. So more likely just overraction and again just a problem of woke idiots who cannot distinguish between DWARFISM and FANTASY DWARVES and think its the same, its comparable to black facing to them, just silly....

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world