Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revolt Against the Modern World (Julius Evola) - Episode 6: The Mystery of the Rite

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,935
    Given: 12,765

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laly View Post
    Actually, Julius Evola was, like his thought leader René Guénon, rather opposed to mysticism, because he said it falls under the feminine dimension of the soul, which he denigrated for being passive and limiting access to transcendence. He explains that in Metaphysics of Sex.
    I'm not going to pretend I'm well versed on Evola but I do know he had pseudo-intellectual ideas about race that certainly fall under the category of mysticism (among other bizarre things). An aristocrat who realized his class' irrelevance to the world and who had a typical gheyness for Platonism that all mystics have.

I realized reading Evola was a waste of time when every person I know who has brought up Evola in serious conversation is either an edgy early 20s guy who has what I call ADDS (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Syndrome) or, but this is very rare, a much older person who after a while I suspect might be a serial killer.

I'm not speaking of you, btw. I don't know you. So don't take it personally.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 01-28-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Quintessential Western Euro
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, Walloon, Flemish, Dutch, German, Luxembourgish, English
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,019
    Given: 4,943

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    I'm not going to pretend I'm well versed on Evola but I do know he had pseudo-intellectual ideas about race that certainly fall under the category of mysticism (among other bizarre things). An aristocrat who realized his class' irrelevance to the world and who had a typical gheyness for Platonism that all mystics have.

I realized reading Evola was a waste of time when every person I know who has brought up Evola in serious conversation is either an edgy early 20s guy who has what I call ADDS (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Syndrome) or, but this is very rare, a much older person who after a while I suspect might be a serial killer.

I'm not speaking of you, btw. I don't know you. So don't take it personally.
    It’s quite paradoxical if he is considered as a mystic, because he criticised mysticism, the fact to have a mystical attitude, vehemently. He opposed the feminine “mysticism” to the masculine “initiation” and “asceticism”. He would have called himself ascetic, not mystic.

Anyway, as I stated before, I am not a fan of him, but I believe he is nevertheless interesting.

What is ADDS, by the way? I don't understand very well.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It’s quite paradoxical if he is considered as a mystic, because he criticised mysticism, the fact to have a mystical attitude, vehemently. He opposed the feminine “mysticism” to the masculine “initiation” and “asceticism”. He would have called himself ascetic, not mystic.

Anyway, as I stated before, I am not a fan of him, but I believe he is nevertheless interesting.
    I'm just telling you as someone who has never bothered to read anything by Evola but has had the pleasure to speak to people who have that mysticism is a theme in his works. I can't debate something I haven't read. I can only give my impression that was given to me by 3rd parties that have read Evola.

What is ADDS, by the way? I don't understand very well.
    Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Syndrome is a severe disease that has affected many White children from dysfunctional homes (it was formerly Dungeons & Dragons Syndrome but the disease mutated). Instead of enjoying a game that is an excuse for having something to do with friends on a weekend when you're in that 'grey area' of youth where you're not old enough to hang out at the parking lot of convenience stores with friends doing nothing and looking awkward because your parents think you're too young to be out at night, but you're also too old for toys and so you play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the basement with your friends, you instead start projecting this fantasy world onto real life. Orcs become Black people, for example, and the unfortunately mentally ill youth thinks of himself as a paladin. He begins seeing the world through 'fantasy world eyes.' This is always subconscious, of course.

Varg the Black metalist who murdered the other Black metalist retard is a good example of someone with ADDS.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm just telling you as someone who has never bothered to read anything by Evola but has had the pleasure to speak to people who have that mysticism is a theme in his works. I can't debate something I haven't read. I can only give my impression that was given to me by 3rd parties that have read Evola.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Syndrome is a severe disease that has affected many White children from dysfunctional homes (it was formerly Dungeons & Dragons Syndrome but the disease mutated). Instead of enjoying a game that is an excuse for having something to do with friends on a weekend when you're in that 'grey area' of youth where you're not old enough to hang out at the parking lot of convenience stores with friends doing nothing and looking awkward because your parents think you're too young to be out at night, but you're also too old for toys and so you play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the basement with your friends, you instead start projecting this fantasy world onto real life. Orcs become Black people, for example, and the unfortunately mentally ill youth thinks of himself as a paladin. He begins seeing the world through 'fantasy world eyes.' This is always subconscious, of course.

Varg the Black metalist who murdered the other Black metalist retard is a good example of someone with ADDS.
    Why would it affect particularly white people?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why would it affect particularly white people?
    Because fantasy RPG games of the paper and pencil variety use European mythology, folklore, and literature as content and inspiration. There is no Black Merlin, for example. Beowulf doesn't have an Afro. While there are Black and Asian geeks it doesn't lead to the same retardation because they don't see themselves in it.

Anyway, this thread is going in a different direction. If I knew my joke would be taken seriously, I wouldn't have made it.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Because fantasy RPG games of the paper and pencil variety use European mythology, folklore, and literature as content and inspiration. There is no Black Merlin, for example. Beowulf doesn't have an Afro. While there are Black and Asian geeks it doesn't lead to the same retardation because they don't see themselves in it.

Anyway, this thread is going in a different direction. If I knew my joke would be taken seriously, I wouldn't have made it.
    To stay on topic, I concur with the foreword of this English edition of Men Among Ruins by Evola:

“It is this vertical dimension that constitutes one of the obstacles to the modern,
    agnostic approach, but which from Evola's own standpoint gave sense and value to what
    otherwise might appear as the thinly spread talents of a "renaissance man" or dilettante.
    One might call it a spiritual dimension, if that adjective were not so exhausted and if it
    did not carry connotations of a religiosity that Evola despised. His was not the
    spirituality of piety and mysticism
    , but the aspiration to what he understood to be the
    highest calling of man: the identity of Self and Absolute.”
    https://ia800400.us.archive.org/16/i...-the-ruins.pdf

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

To stay on topic, I concur with the foreword of this English edition of Men Among Ruins by Evola:

“It is this vertical dimension that constitutes one of the obstacles to the modern,
    agnostic approach, but which from Evola's own standpoint gave sense and value to what
    otherwise might appear as the thinly spread talents of a "renaissance man" or dilettante.
    One might call it a spiritual dimension, if that adjective were not so exhausted and if it
    did not carry connotations of a religiosity that Evola despised. His was not the
    spirituality of piety and mysticism
    , but the aspiration to what he understood to be the
    highest calling of man: the identity of Self and Absolute.”
    https://ia800400.us.archive.org/16/i...-the-ruins.pdf
    Explain Evola's association with the Ur group, please.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Explain Evola's association with the Ur group, please.
    Julius Evola wasn’t into mysticism, but into esoterism, occultism, magic.

In mysticism, a person has a personal experience with the divinity, abandoning themselves to the divinity. On the other hand, there isn’t such passive and humble abandonment in esoterism, which is linked to an initiation process and the goal is to have a transcendental experience transforming your self, strengthening it and dignifying it. The Ur group was indeed about esoterism and not mysticism, which Evola denigrated, as explained here:

https://books.google.be/books?id=_96...0evola&f=false

Last Online
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,457
    Given: 13,170

0 Not allowed!

LMAO

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Julius Evola wasn’t into mysticism, but into esoterism, occultism, magic.

In mysticism, a person has a personal experience with the divinity, abandoning themselves to the divinity. On the other hand, there isn’t such passive and humble abandonment in esoterism, which is linked to an initiation process and the goal is to have a transcendental experience transforming your self, strengthening it and dignifying it. The Ur group was indeed about esoterism and not mysticism, which Evola denigrated, as explained here:
    Mysticism doesn't have one particular definition.

mys·ti·cism
    /ˈmistəˌsizəm/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    belief that union with or absorption into the Deity or the absolute, or the spiritual apprehension of knowledge inaccessible to the intellect, may be attained through contemplation and self-surrender.
    "St. Theresa's writings were part of the tradition of Christian mysticism"
    belief characterized by self-delusion or dreamy confusion of thought, especially when based on the assumption of occult qualities or mysterious agencies.
    "there is a hint of New Age mysticism in the show's title"

According to Peter Moore, the term "mysticism" is "problematic but indispensable."[12] It is a generic term which joins together into one concept separate practices and ideas which developed separately,[12] According to Dupré, "mysticism" has been defined in many ways,[13] and Merkur notes that the definition, or meaning, of the term "mysticism" has changed through the ages.[web 1] Moore further notes that the term "mysticism" has become a popular label for "anything nebulous, esoteric, occult, or supernatural."[12]
    It's clear there is confusion over the word mysticism. I'm using the word one way and you're using it in another. I've stated more than once I've never read Evola and that my belief is based on discussions with a couple of edgelords and a psychopath but from my very minimal digging they appear to be correct. Now that the confusion is cleared up I think you will agree with me, and I do blame myself for the confusion. If I knew mocking Sean for his crimes against Reddit would lead to all this I wouldn't have bothered.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information