Thread: Ukraine made Russia a real threat. Before this year, Russia was NOT a real threat. It was made one.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Default Ukraine made Russia a real threat. Before this year, Russia was NOT a real threat. It was made one.

Before the current events unfolded, we all were aware of the hysteria over Russia being a threat to global security. From Georgia, to Crimea... Especially over the last 8 years, we were full on rambling about Russia starting a global conflict over Ukraine's territory.

Well, it started a war, but it's not Russia's fault... It's the West's. It is entirely the US's and NATO's fault.

Ever since the Crimean crisis of 2014, there were more than intense talks and considerations for actually incorporating Ukraine into NATO and the European Union. Let me repeat that, if you're not aware of it: we were unironically obsessed over a country that has zero geostrategical interest to any Western country and we were actively convincing this said country into international organisations that would inevitably bring it into unprecendented instability and then ultimately, as it did happen, into direct war with Russia.

Especially since Biden and Zelenskiy were elected into office in their respective countries, the claims for Ukraine joining NATO increased. So did Russia's aggression, "coincidentally". Because... promising a country that has no military infrastructure will join an alliance against a volatile neighbour, while it's sharing a long border with that said volatile neighbour, and the both of them are already in war over a region (Donbass) is totally going to be the brightest, most excellent idea in the world that will in absolutely no way gonna go wrong.

Fast forward to 24/2/22, and every fear was confirmed: Putin invaded Ukraine in a full-scale operation, because over the time period preceding the current conflict the West threatened that they will make Ukraine join NATO and that it will protect Ukraine in a potential conflict.

All of this out of nothing. Prior to 2014, no one cared about Ukraine. No one. Because, understandably so, no one had any kind of interests in Ukraine. Plus that Russia all of these years had made it clear that it does not want any interference in its directly adjacent territories surrounding Russia. But all of a sudden, we were forced to have an opinion on Ukraine. All of a sudden, we HAD to intervene. We HAD to make a clearly sensitive region unstable. We HAD to make an already volatile player in the international chessboard even more agitated.

But Russia was made a true enemy out of thin air for another reason: all those years we were drifting it away from potential partnerships and alliances in other conflicts. First it was Iraq, then Afghanistan, then Syria, then Libya... In all of these situations, the West didn't invite Russia to contribute in order to establish good relations and provide help. It increasingly led Russia to isolation from the rest of Europe. As a result, it increasingly led Russia to the real global danger, China, which currently if it's implicated in any conflict it will turn truly global in dimensions, and then we will ALL be truly fucked. And then, the "unthinkable" happened: Russia became the strongest ally of China. And right now, China fully supports Russia in its invasion of Ukraine.

We cannot complain about it. We isolated Russia, we drifted it away from us, called a threat to our security, we moved aggressively towards it and threatened it with geopolitical enclosure and then predictably, it turned to China for help. And we're paying the price of our own choices.

To make it clear: I support no one in this conflict. Neither Russia or Ukraine are of importance, geopolitically and strategically speaking none of these two countries matter to my nation. Or most of the West's for that matter. But the truth must be told: we created a problem that has now went out of control.

I sincerely apologise to both Russians and Ukrainians for the West fucking everything up for the billionth time. I hope the conflict is soon resolved, in whatever way, and that no more lives are lost.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    02-27-2022 @ 09:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Europid
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 418
    Given: 504

2 Not allowed!

We created a problem? WTF have you taken? A country can't get his own way because some old dictator has an obsession? Ukraine isnt any threat to Russia and Russians but to mentally ill man who should just get a bullet in his head. Putin is over.

Thread Information