Hero
    Robert E. Lee, St. Nicholas
    Religion
    Christian Identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,547
    Given: 2,118

0 Not allowed!

Default Computer Simulator of One or More Nuclear Detonations in Urban Areas

First of all, I don't have any information whatsover that a war is imminent. As far as I really know, the situation could be about the same as it was near the end of last month, when Putin first put his nuclear forces on high alert. I just think that an app like this can help us think about the near future.

At this time, at the DEFCON Warning System, the alert level is still at Level 3.

At the top of this post is a screen capture of a page from the app Nukemap.

Using a set of inputs, it simulates the effects of one or more detonations in a city, town, or other area.

The inputs requested include:
    • name of the city
    • the blast yield in kilotons/megatons
    • whether the explosion will be an air burst or a surface burst
    • whether or not you want to see a visual depiction of local blast and fallout effects

Advanced options are available, and multiple detonations over a given urban area can be selected as well.
    Last edited by Smaland; 03-14-2022 at 05:29 PM.
    Why the Holocaust™ is a Fable.__________Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

I retain copyright to all original content I post on The Apricity. Notice posted on June 13, 2020.
    "Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments, I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen!" Martin Luther (1483-1547)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Byzantine + Scythian (5.528) Seleucid + Scythian (5.695) Seleucid + Gaul (7.389) Byzantine + Gaul
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    E-FTD7860 / maternal grandparents I-p37, J-M172
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,896
    Given: 1,003

0 Not allowed!

Russian television's Kanal Pervyj briefly discussed the possibility of the US and humanity experiencing the horror of a nuclear winter without nuclear weapons being used in combat.
    The main thesis that the Russian military has shared is that a nuclear apocalypse could be triggered by bombing the supervolcano in Yellowstone.
    A supervolcano is a volcano, the eruption of which can cause a change in the climate of the planet (8 points according to VEI). There are about 20 supervolcanoes known to science on Earth. On average, eruptions occur once every 50-150 thousand years.
    There are only two reasons for the explosion of any supervolcano. Including the Yellowstone Volcano.
    - natural cause. When magma builds up under high pressure in a volcanic chamber. If the pressure exceeds the permissible limits, then the exit to the surface may have the nature of an explosion.
    For ordinary volcanoes, this is a regional disaster. For supervolcanoes - a global catastrophe.
    - man-made. Humanity may try to take control of the volcano. For example, drilling a pit to gradually reduce the pressure in a volcanic chamber. Such an attempt could get out of control and lead to an uncontrolled explosion.
    In addition, the eruption can be provoked by the use of weapons of great destructive power. For example nuclear. As a result, an earthquake will occur, which will provoke an eruption.
    2. What will happen to the US if Yellowstone explodes
    An explosion at Yellowstone can release 1,000 to 2,500 cubic kilometers of particulate matter, most of it in the form of ash.
    The top of the supervolcano (within a radius of 50-100 km) will sink into the bowels of the planet 30-50 km. Let me remind you that the Yellowstone caldera is 2 times the size of Moscow.
    For 2-3 thousand kilometers around, ash will fall in a layer up to a meter, in the rest of the USA - ash in a layer up to 0.3 meters.
    The number of deaths in the first hours and days is estimated at 50-80 million people.
    All infrastructure will be destroyed. Industry and agriculture will disappear. The surviving population will live only at the expense of the government reserve, which probably in the United States can reach in a few years. But not for everyone.
    Air transport will stop working. Cars with complex electronics will fail quickly.
    As a country, the United States will cease to exist.
    3. What will happen to the world if the Yellowstone volcano erupts
    A layer of ash, impenetrable to the sun's rays, will appear above the planet. It can remain in the atmosphere for at least 2-4 years.
    The planes will stay on the ground. The temperature will drop. According to some data, by 3-5 degrees, according to others - by 20 degrees.
    Agriculture will die. Only greenhouses powered by nuclear power plants will remain in operation. Rivers will freeze, there will be no sun, stars, moon in the sky at all.
    In the first year, half of the world's population will die. Mostly from lack of medicine, lack of food and water. And also from resource wars.
    The Americans think that this time the war will bypass them. Naives!
    ...Even if a man lives well, he dies and another one comes into existence. Let the one who comes later upon seeing this inscription remember the one who had made it. And the name is Omurtag, Kanasubigi.

Thread Information