"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,959
    Given: 10,182

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Ireland's low IQ is based on the completely shoddy work of Richard Lynn. So certain people prefer to use these discredited tests instead of looking at large sample sizes with PISA and also information on university graduates. No they want to use something like Lynn whose methods have been described as deeply flawed.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ue_of_the_Myth
    It's not even low IQ. It's in the range of average.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    It's not even low IQ. It's in the range of average.
    The point though Richmondbread is that the Irish are as intelligent as any other people and in fact do better than a lot of other nationalities as far as skills and educational attainment. Not sure why you are promoting that Irish are stupid? You would mix as much with Irish as I would with people from Virginia. Which for me is never.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,959
    Given: 10,182

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    The point though Richmondbread is that the Irish are as intelligent as any other people and in fact do better than a lot of other nationalities as far as skills and educational attainment. Not sure why you are promoting that Irish are stupid? You would mix as much with Irish as I would with people from Virginia. Which for me is never.
    I am something close to 1/4 Irish and not to be rude, but you seem to have an almost idealized version of "Irish". You post people who look like super models and say that's what the average Irish looks like. You insist that they are super intelligent. By European standards, they are very average to low end average, and that's not a bad thing. They are known more for their beautiful music and singing, and their sense of humor, etc. Other things. They aren't perfect. I found similarities with the Lithuanians and the Irish in that they aren't known for how "smart" they are, but rather their fun loving spirit and sense of humor, their fondness of potatoes, and even a slightly similarity of the landscape of both countries. Not to mention, in recent years a whole influx of Lithuanians immigrated to Ireland. I just like to see connections that way.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    I am something close to 1/4 Irish and not to be rude, but you seem to have an almost idealized version of "Irish". You post people who look like super models and say that's what the average Irish looks like. You insist that they are super intelligent. By European standards, they are very average to low end average, and that's not a bad thing. They are known more for their beautiful music and singing, and their sense of humor, etc. Other things. They aren't perfect. I found similarities with the Lithuanians and the Irish in that they aren't known for how "smart" they are, but rather their fun loving spirit and sense of humor, their fondness of potatoes, and even a slightly similarity of the landscape of both countries. Not to mention, in recent years a whole influx of Lithuanians immigrated to Ireland. I just like to see connections that way.
    I do not have an idealised version of Irish you just have inaccurate information or are just trolling. Most of the people I've posted are ordinary Irish such as GAA players. You post things saying the Irish are ugly and that they have lower intelligence. Facts do not back this up. Where are you getting your information from? You just ignore the information I've posted and just continue with the same negative stereotypes. but that is your style. No matter what someone says in response to your posts you will go ahead and repeat the exact same thing and ignore what people have posted. Why would Lithuanians and Irish have any connections other than they are both European? That connection is just in your brain. I'm sick of responding to you because you will not change your opinion no matter what the evidence shows.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information