Thread: "Human history has been one of progress towards an increasingly uniform global culture". Discuss.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Default "Human history has been one of progress towards an increasingly uniform global culture". Discuss.

I personally dislike teleological notions of history and 'progress', but I would say there is some truth to that. Especially in Europe, but increasingly elsewhere in the world too, we have moved on from a world where nearly every region and even village spoke its own dialect or language, to one where up to a third of the world's population can speak English (whether as a native or foreign language), and probably even more than that are familiar to varying degrees with McDonald's, MTV and the Internet.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Now, whether such cultural and linguistic homogenisation is a good or bad thing - I personally think it is a bit of both - is a separate matter.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

My proposition is to deal with capitalism with utmost might in order to hand back a world that is sustainable to humanity. Capitalism had been a false promise from the start, what you see as democracy and cultural prosperity is nothing but a product of capitalist order, not a real democracy nor cultural harmony. Once this system broken up, everything will go back to pure evilness and hell, what we should do is to start action before this capitalist fiasco befalls on us. They are hitting Russia or any other so called dictators just for the show of capitalist sustainability, their internal order has been crumbling since day one 1776AD.

Come to India or China to save your soul, capitalism is the accursed evil.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    My proposition is to deal with capitalism with utmost might in order to hand back a world that is sustainable to humanity. Capitalism had been a false promise from the start, what you see as democracy and cultural prosperity is nothing but a product of capitalist order, not a real democracy nor cultural harmony. Once this system broken up, everything will go back to pure darkness and hell, what we should do is to start action before this capitalist fiasco befall on us. They are hitting Russia or any other so called dictators just for the show of capitalist sustainability, their internal order has been crumbling since day one 1776AD.

Come to India or China to save your soul, capitalism is the accursed evil.
    There is some truth to that. And I would add what I wrote in another thread some time ago:

"Also, it should be added that the debate as to whether minority languages should be preserved and promoted doesn't easily slip into the Left/Right divide. Although many on the Left do like to side with languages, peoples and cultures that have been historically marginalised and oppressed, there is another strand to the Left that dislikes cultural and linguistic differences because it sees them as impediments to 'progress', 'brotherhood' and 'universalism'. (In Britain, such thinkers include Kenan Malik, Polly Toynbee and the online magazine spiked). On the Right, those who take a more centralist/imperialist perspective (whether English, French, Castilian etc.) tend to regard minority languages as a pointless annoyance that will hopefully whither away, while those with a more Romantic perspective will at least tolerate if not champion them."

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    There is some truth to that. And I would add what I wrote in another thread some time ago:

"Also, it should be added that the debate as to whether minority languages should be preserved and promoted doesn't easily slip into the Left/Right divide. Although many on the Left do like to side with languages, peoples and cultures that have been historically marginalised and oppressed, there is another strand to the Left that dislikes cultural and linguistic differences because it sees them as impediments to 'progress', 'brotherhood' and 'universalism'. (In Britain, such thinkers include Kenan Malik, Polly Toynbee and the online magazine spiked). On the Right, those who take a more centralist/imperialist perspective (whether English, French, Castilian etc.) tend to regard minority languages as a pointless annoyance that will hopefully whither away, while those with a more Romantic perspective will at least tolerate if not champion them."
    Capitalists will turn their guns to anybody, only money is their "people", they are false charity and nationalists. Make sure that Putin is being antagonized just because he is not evil enough, I have been saying this for some time here, that Russia fell short of zionist expectations and that she will get punished for this. Zelensky should be careful too, I know he loves Ukraine out of his heart, but, he should know that zionists are not his true friends.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,486
    Given: 6,007

0 Not allowed!

NWO memes and self-fulfilling prophecy. This is the End for [them]. But life continues for the heirs of Life.
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Thread Information