Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has the Colombian Civil War persisted this long because the military has been at times too soft?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,243
    Given: 43,791

0 Not allowed!

Default Has the Colombian Civil War persisted this long because the military has been at times too soft?

I was thinking about this recently, and I wrote this in another thread: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...02#post7470902

When compared to Argentina and Uruguay in the 70's, or Guatemala and El Salvador in the 80's, or Peru in the 90's, for good and for ill Colombia's approach to its counterinsurgency campaigns has often been more drawn out and less ruthless.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Has the Colombian Civil War persisted this long because the military has been at times too soft?
    Nope, it's mainly due to their inability to deal with commie guerrillas in the fringe areas of the country. Their wars are exclusive to remote areas in the deep countryside wherever coca crops are grown or illegal gold mining activities happen, mostly in the southwest close to the Pacific coast and near the Venezuelan border. The military didn't exist in most of the countryside and that led to people creating their own private militias. In fact, even taking control of your own border with Venezuela took like two years after the first year of crisis in Cúcuta, and it's not even negotiable still.

When compared to Argentina and Uruguay in the 70's, or Guatemala and El Salvador in the 80's, or Peru in the 90's, for good and for ill Colombia's approach to its counterinsurgency campaigns has often been more drawn out and less ruthless.
    Mainly due to inefficiency. Communists on the other hand are too coward to accept defeat or change. Only through cowardice has evil been allowed to take root.

It's funny how a brown mongrel country like Colombia has huge regional differences (like 10 different countries inside, even the so-called "white" Paisas are just bleached mestizos in denial and Costeños are technically mestizos with more SSA but they are seen as lazy and inferior). And drug cartels in Colombia have more to do with regional economy, production and geography unlike Mexico.

It's ironic how anti-white mongrels like you defend miscegenation and naively believe that creating some sort of rootless social democrat society in the West where they rule over a specially bred <100 IQ mongrel population is ideal, but the only thing you will ever accomplish is ruining US and Western Europe by creating this mongrel population. These mongrels won't be able to compete with East Asians anyway. Fortunately you're pushing 40, you won't live to see this future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Mainly due to inefficiency. Communists on the other hand are too coward to accept defeat or change. Only through cowardice has evil been allowed to take root.

It's funny how a brown mongrel country like Colombia has huge regional differences (like 10 different countries inside, even the so-called "white" Paisas are just bleached mestizos in denial and Costeños are technically mestizos with more SSA but they are seen as lazy and inferior). And drug cartels in Colombia have more to do with regional economy, production and geography unlike Mexico.

It's ironic how anti-white mongrels like you defend miscegenation and naively believe that creating some sort of rootless social democrat society in the West where they rule over a specially bred <100 IQ mongrel population is ideal, but the only thing you will ever accomplish is ruining US and Western Europe by creating this mongrel population. These mongrels won't be able to compete with East Asians anyway. Fortunately you're pushing 40, you won't live to see this future.
    I won't dignify a response to the third paragraph, but in many ways you are right in your second paragraph. Paisas aren't in my experience so dramatically different to people from other Andean regions of Colombia as is often claimed, and costenos are much more mixed than e.g. Aframs.

As for the first paragraph, why would the Colombian Army be any more inefficient than the armies in those other countries?

Last Online
    07-09-2022 @ 04:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Highland Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Taxonomy
    Lozano
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 99

0 Not allowed!

Paisas aren't in my experience so dramatically different to people from other Andean regions of Colombia as is often claimed, and costenos are much more mixed than e.g. Aframs

From the same tv show.

Paisas

Spoiler!

Not Paisas.
    Spoiler!

Lel
    Last edited by Antioqueño; 04-04-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Highland Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Taxonomy
    Lozano
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    (like 10 different countries inside, even the so-called "white" Paisas are just bleached mestizos in denial.
    Same street. Two periods

https://www.google.com/maps/@6.14025...7i13312!8i6656

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Antioqueño; 04-04-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Highland Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Taxonomy
    Lozano
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

LOL at Antioqueno's inference that Venezuelans are much darker and less Euro than Colombians. The main difference is that the former have more Triracials and fewer straight Mestizos and Blacks than the latter, but in terms of the overall genetic composition the two nations are very similar.

But I want to go back to the original issue at hand: has the Colombian Civil War lasted so long because, contrary to Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch etc, the Colombian military has actually been at times too soft on the guerrillas compared to the past behaviour of other Latin American militaries?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,913
    Given: 4,643

0 Not allowed!

LOL at Antioqueno's inference that Venezuelans are much darker and less Euro than Colombians. The main difference is that the former have more Triracials and fewer straight Mestizos and Blacks than the latter, but in terms of the overall genetic composition the two nations are very similar.

But I want to go back to the original issue at hand: has the Colombian Civil War lasted so long because, contrary to Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch etc, the Colombian military has actually been at times too soft on the guerrillas compared to the past behaviour of other Latin American militaries?
    I think the answer lies in the Colombian government not suspending the democratic process while the civil war was afoot, something that definitely didn't happen on the other scenarios. On the latter, elections (as well as individual rights) and such were effectively suspended until the insurgencies weren't crushed, and in cases like Brazil's, these would only be restored decades later.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    I think the answer lies in the Colombian government not suspending the democratic process while the civil war was afoot, something that definitely didn't happen on the other scenarios. On the latter, elections (as well as individual rights) and such were effectively suspended until the insurgencies were crushed, and in cases like Brazil's, these would only be restored decades later.
    Actually, Brazil's guerrilla insurgencies, which in any event were less severe than in many other countries, began as a response to the military regime, not the other way round. The original raison d'etre for the Brazilian military regime was to overthrow the left-leaning Joao Goulart, after all.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,913
    Given: 4,643

1 Not allowed!

Actually, Brazil's guerrilla insurgencies, which in any event were less severe than in many other countries, began as a response to the military regime, not the other way round. The original raison d'etre for the Brazilian military regime was to overthrow the left-leaning Joao Goulart, after all.
    Yeah, but my point still stands. While the Brazilian junta was fighting the insurgencies, all citizen guarantees and democratic processes were suspended, and perhaps for an indefinite amount of time. In Colombia, the military never got to the point of taking over and throwing the book at the rest of the country, even though the situation more than demanded it.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information