Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
At the end, in no other western European country a right-wing candidate or party gets even close to 40%.

So when it comes to having the hope of political change, france is the closest to that out of all western nations.

The first round made it already cleear that the left will win, as they were more numerous,just way more split in different candidates.
I see younger Europeans are being more leftward set. And of course more and more immigration and demographic change.

How can this lead to *future* growth in support base?

The last two French elections, I thought the RW would gain power, but they didn't. This time round, it was really staggering, given the past couple of years of violent opposition.

At some point, demographics and social cohesion worries, should have pulled center-Left people and politicians towards a more rightward policy direction, no?

I think Britain is doing it, however imperfectly. The huge vote for BREXIT, then the unprecedented win for Boris... Now there's at least a return to some talk of limiting and managing immigration.

My suspicions is that there will be an eventual end to mass-immigration, but only once multiculturalism is widely established, so that there is no organised plurality to oppose the elite.