Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,121
    Given: 1,884

1 Not allowed!

Default ‘Orcs’ and ‘Rashists’: Ukraine’s new language of war

‘Orcs’ and ‘Rashists’: Ukraine’s new language of war

From President Zelenskyy down, Ukrainian officials have come up with increasingly frank ways to articulate the conflict with Russia.

3 May 2022

Kyiv, Ukraine – “A squad of orcs has been repelled.”

This is not a reference to J R R Tolkien’s race of evil Lord Sauron supporters with bad breath and disfigured faces that appeared in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

This is a line from an official report from Ukraine’s defence ministry – and part of the ever-expanding wartime vocabulary used by top officials, military and media.

The subtext is simple – especially after the harrowing reports on the killing of civilians by rampaging soldiers, indiscriminate shelling or cruise missiles gone awry.

“They’re orcs because we don’t consider them human,” Tetiana Chursina, a sales clerk in Kyiv, whose second cousin spent weeks in her basement in the Kyiv suburb of Bucha, told Al Jazeera.

Russian troops labelled ‘rashists’

“Rashist” is another epithet frequently used to describe Russian troops.

The neologism combines “Russian,” “racist” and “fascist” – and is immediately understandable to those who grew up in the former Soviet Union.

Even though the term “fascist” refers to Benito Mussolini’s regime in Italy, in the USSR, it mostly denoted German Nazis whose army and allies occupied most of Ukraine during World War II.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...anguage-of-war
    POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) ętre libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

Ukrainian journalists likely have read my post about Aristotle`s theory on courage. Russian intruders are indeed rash(Aristotle`s term for the extreme fearlessness and insensibility); Orc in animes are stupid but violent wild anthromorphic beings, not a very civil usage as I see it from my own cultural upbringings. But who is there is measure the degree of justice on every fire and explosion in this war, it has to be done although it is difficult. Western weapons are so advanced I just want to warn people not to be carried away by these weapons(high efficiency kills and precision), when causing many casualties, it is by ethical nature the same with nuclear weapons. Considering such sound unprecedented advantages against a superpower , a kind of delirium could be induced in many peoples mind and prepare them for unfit ambitions and unnecessary wars. I am very much worried. Also for the present do not underestimate Russia`s ambition in taking over the whole Ukraine, it is still highly possible if russians believe ukrainians could be overtly optimistic. Relying on high tech weapons only could not repel Russia, when the west is not clear in their true intention for Ukraine: when the west were determinded to protract the war, Russia will see it fit to expand the scale of occupation. Russia probably will only retreat in case of NATO direct involvement, Ukraine fighting alone with all the best weapons probably will not work politically and will even be dragged into a decimation theatre by Russia just wearing away as many lives as possible.

China is in an awkward position now, this is a whole mess piling on our credit of negativity. This war is more serious than many people think to be. Turkey also started hitting kurds, and Azerbaijian and Armenia could start any time too, a protracted war like Ukraine War will form a heat center of military conflicts that could be ignited anywhere in the world. India and Pakistan could be crossing each other soon too. It will not be a stretch that the US could open secondary war theatres (against NK or Myanmar even China) to vent the pressure of Ukrainian war or just to take advantage of this war to make another war, a pandemic of wars could come too if we fail to cease fire in a suitable time. I said this is a ww3, China is the last missing piece to make it full-blown.

But China is too interested to go up openly, they will try to shun the war with the west while being totally unable to help peace talks. But this is the best CCP can do, to not to let loose the smothering fire. When western elites are the covert parts in this war and their minds are never made clear to anyone, we can see a grim and slow but steady forthcoming aftermath of war equally disastrous of a potential full-blown WW3. Think about it, about this war, what is the most inscrutible factors, they are the most dangerous factors too. The USA is still importing oil from Russia, as a major player in this war, while you trying to pressurize on China to side with them, but they still do not make clear of their own stances. This is a very dangerous posture from the USA itself.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The USA is pressurizing on India and China to side with the west totally, but they still have double-dealings with Russia energy for all excuses. India and China officials calling this as hypocrisy, no, this is not just a hypocrisy, but a real malice for the rest of the world in their whole objective and vision of this war. They mean evil for us. Never side with the west totally in this case, never, not even if facing a full-blown WW3. Not pro-Russia but opting for a dignified death if living were not an option anymore. Why I think this, I have my own system of philosophy, which I will only share with God and with people of concrete result of analysis. Do not expect me to teach in words, by your own faith in the all good and bright, my ideas will be transfered to you through stars and Sun and the great sacred nature. This is how I teach. I can see through many things but still far from seeing the purposes of western elites, they are still impenetrable given my force of reasonings so far. How dangerous they can be?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I have so many good ideas left unspoken never been said by ancient people. But I will leave them to nature and stars and God, if they proved true, people will eventually get all of them. I know they are good, they are a summation of all the brightest ideas of humanity, most of them have been spoken by ancient philosophers but not elaborated enough to stand out, though, they are indeed too good to be spoken with words.

Thread Information