Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Founder Populations: (1) EHG, (2) CHG/Iran_N, (3) Anatolia_N or Levant_N, and (4) WHG

"A Genetically Superior Caste." Prof. Gidwani, UMN Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-26-2022 @ 08:29 PM
    Indo-Pacific, Indus Valley, 'Land of the Āryas'
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Slavic, Romance, Balkan, Indo-European, Indic, Western Indo-Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Gujarāti (Leva) Pātidār. Caste (Jāt): Leva/Lewa Patel of Central Gujarat
    Ancestry
    Iran_N, IVC-IRN, ANE-NEA, EEF, Yamnaya, Afanasevo, Bell Beaker, Corded Ware, Sintashta,, Andronovo
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Indian Ocean
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S47 (Irish/Scot), E1b1b1 (Proto-Semitic), C1b-Z5896
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Taxonomy
    CHG/Iran, EHG-Steppe, EEF/ENF, Indo-Caucasoid, Mesocephalic (Gujarati)
    Politics
    Cleansing of Earth; Desolation of Abomination; Millennial Reign; Preparing a People for Millennium
    Hero
    Graha (Grasper and Possessor); Auspicious Messiah (Son of God), "the Destroyer"; India's Bismarck
    Religion
    Great Grasper and Possessor (mahāgraha), "I AM" (yāh), Descent/Incarnation (Avatāra)
    Relationship Status
    "Hermit Mode" (Virgo Ascendant/Rising)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up Four Founder Populations: (1) EHG, (2) CHG/Iran_N, (3) Anatolia_N or Levant_N, and (4) WHG

Steppe EMBA Yamnaya is mainly EHG (Eastern European hunter-gatherers), followed by Iran_N/CHG, and then Anatolia_N/Levant_N and WHG (Epi-Magdalenian peoples from Western and Central Europe).

Steppe MLBA such as Sintashta–Petrovka, on the other hand, is mainly EHG and Iran_N/CHG, followed by Anatolia_N/Levant_N and WHG.

Both Steppe EMBA and Steppe MLBA turn out to have almost identically the same components, and both almost follow the same pattern order:

EHG, CHG/Iran_N, Anatolia_N or Levant_N, and WHG.

The key difference between the two steppe populations lies in proportion.

Steppe MLBA has less EHG admixture, more Levant_N/Anatolia_N, and much more WHG.
    Steppe EMBA, on the other hand, has more EHG admixture, less Levant_N/Anatolia_N, and much less WHG, to the point of being negligible.

https://i.ibb.co/cYVpPws/41467.png

This graphic shows pretty well how the ancient populations of West Eurasia are expressed as a mixture of those four founder populations:

ADMIXT: https://i.ibb.co/H7V59k2/ADMIXT.png

Attachment 113828

Superimposed on this background, pie charts show the WHG, EHG and CHG ancestry proportions inferred for populations used to construct the migration surface.

https://i.ibb.co/DQRNvmB/Genetic-spatial-s.jpg

Iran_N: https://i.ibb.co/59wZXVL/154683.jpg

154683.jpg

Indo-European genetics: https://archive.ph/AkNpz

https://i.ibb.co/PxTxBbT/7e9f5c.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/V3V8XRv/A7000.gif
    https://i.ibb.co/ZXBYtjM/fd9421.jpg

Yamnaya =/= Eastern Hunter-Gatherers + Iran Chalcolithic

ResearchGate: Genetic spatial structure in hunter-gatherers We infer the estimated...

A Dynamic 6,000-Year Genetic History of Eurasia's Eastern ...

https://4chanarchives.com/board/his/thread/874991

Natufian (Mesolithic): E1b1b1b2(xE1b1b1b2a,E1b1b1b2b), E1b1(xE1b1a1,E1b1b1b1), E1b1b1b2(xE1b1b1b2a,E1b1b1b2b), plus two undefined CT.
    Pre-Pottery Neolithic B/C: H2, E(xE2,E1a,E1b1a1a1c2c3b1,E1b1b1b1a1,E1b1b1b2b), E1b1b1, T(xT1a1,T1a2a), E1b1b1(xE1b1b1b1a1,E1b1b1a1b1,E1b1b1a1b2,E1b1b1b2a 1c), plus three ill-defined CT.

CT is the main pan-Eurasian macro-haplogroup and is not informative, except in Palestine because it implies exclusion of E.
    https://archive.ph/yRg4K#selection-801.0-817.124

Anatolia_N (precursors of mainline European Neolithic) are a mix of both West Asian farmer groups, plus a sizable fraction of Western Paleo-european ancestry already. Natufians fall on top of modern Palestinians, their slightly admixed Neolithic descendants fall between Palestinians and Jews.

Ancient human genome-wide data from a 3000-year interval in the Caucasus corresponds with eco-geographic regions

Eastern Hunter-Gatherer (EHG) ancestry is represented by two individuals from Karelia – one of haplogroup R1a1a1-M417 (ca. 6425 BC) and the other of haplogroup J (ca. 5250 BC) – and one individual from Samara (ca. 5600 BC), of haplogroup R1b1a1a-P297. It has more ANE ancestry than any other ancient or modern population, being close to the sample from Afontova Gora (ca. 15980 BC), to the west of Lake Baikal. The oldest aDNA sample of R1a-M420 lineage found in east Europe was at Vasylivka, dated ca. 8690 BC, at the same site of a later sample of haplogroup R1b1a2-V88, dated ca. 7250 BC. These and other three Mesolithic samples from Ukraine show an intermediate situation between EHG and Scandinavian Hunter-Gatherer ancestry. Later, during the transition of the Mesolithic to Neolithic, a decrease in ANE ancestry and an increase in WHG ancestry is observed.

See Also: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...59#post7494159

Populating Europe. aDNA research shows that present-day Europeans are the result of a mixture of different ancient populations (blue diamonds): (1) West hunter-gatherers who had inhabited Europe since Paleolithic times; (2) Early European farmers, who descended from Near Eastern farmers and entered Europe during the Early Neolithic; and (3) Steppe herders, who arrived in Europe during the Bronze Age. The steppe herders themselves were a mixture of eastern Eurasian hunter-gatherers (Eastern hunter-gatherers) and Near Easterners. Additionally, Europeans have ~2 % archaic ancestry from mixture with Neanderthals that arose ~50,000–60,000 ya, probably somewhere in the Near East (purple star). There is also evidence that admixture with Neanderthals occurred again in Europe (purple triangle), as evident from the DNA of a 37,000–42,000-year-old human from Romania. However, this population appears not to have contributed detectably to later humans in Europe. Grey arrows represent the model for populating Europe inferred from modern DNA analysis. aDNA research refined this model by adding several additional layers of information, including multiple migrations and mixtures leading to present-day Europeans (black arrows)
    Last edited by VikLevaPatel; 05-05-2022 at 01:58 AM.
    Y-DNA (P): R1b-S47 (Irish/Scot), E1b1b1 (Proto-Semitic), C1b-Z5896. mtDNA (M): W6 (Gotland/Sweden). Ancient (European) Origins: Indo-European (Metal Age Invader) 67%, Early/First/Neolithic European Farmer (EEF/FEF/ENF) 8–10%, WHG 3–7%; Turkey 20–30%; Caucasian-Anatolian-Balkan 40–43%; Volga Region 18–20%; Ukrainian 11–12%; Viking 10%; Scandinavian 6–7% EHG–Steppe: Corded Ware 28–34, Yamnaya (Steppe Pastoralist) 23–25%, Bell Beaker 22–24%; Steppe to SCAsian 20–23%; Euro HG 11-12% CHG/Iran: Caucasus (CHG) 31–33%; Iran_N 54–60%; IVC 64-67%

Last Online
    03-05-2023 @ 11:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Persian-turk-Kurdish
    Ethnicity
    Iranian
    Ancestry
    Iran
    Country
    Iran
    Y-DNA
    J-l70
    mtDNA
    U7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I have all except whg I tried many calculators I had all of them except whg which I found kinda weird I have grey eyes but I don’t have any whg ansctery who knows maybe the alleles for light eyes existed among other populations

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Slavic, Romance, Balkan, Indo-European, Indic, Western Indo-Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Iran_N, IVC-IRN, ANE-NEA, EEF, Yamnaya, Afanasevo, Bell Beaker, Corded Ware, Sintashta,, Andronovo
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Indian Ocean
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Cleansing of Earth; Desolation of Abomination; Millennial Reign; Preparing a People for Millennium
    Hero
    Graha (Grasper and Possessor); Auspicious Messiah (Son of God), "the Destroyer"; India's Bismarck
    Religion
    Great Grasper and Possessor (mahāgraha), "I AM" (yāh), Descent/Incarnation (Avatāra)
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb R1b Yamnaya/Afanasevo; Afanasievo culture, or Afanasevo culture (Afanasevan culture)

I went through the Global25 nMonte runner available on Genoplot and my Afanasievo score is at least double my Sintashta percentage score.

I seemed to have gathered all of the pieces together. Hallelujah!

I'll open a new thread completely covering this but for now I can see and can basically confirm that my Sintashta scores range from 10 percent to 15 percent, whereas, in contrast, my Afanasievo score ranges from 20 to over 30 percent.

It's all coming together, like I wanted, but in a very haphazard (and random) way, piece by piece it's all coming together. Just like pieces fitting together.

THOSE CUTTHROATS LIARS AND DECEIVERS should all get a load of shit dumped in their heads before they die as well. :crucify:

Moreover, and most importantly, this Afanasievo score is comparable to the Yamnaya steppe scores which are in the 23–25 percent range.

But in all honesty, two data uploads show higher Sintashta scores (around 25 percent) but they are exceptions rather than the rule, as all of the other scores hover near the 14 percent mark.

Afanasievo groups in the Upper Yenisei region have been genetically linked to the Yamnaya culture of the Pontic-Caspian steppe.

R1b was indeed dominant in the early Bronze Age Siberian steppe, and Afanasievo males were also marked and dominated by the R1b haplogroup.

The Afanasievo culture, or Afanasevo culture (Afanasevan culture) is the earliest known archaeological culture of south Siberia. The Afanasievo world reportedly overlaps the borders of five nations including two countries of East Asia: Mongolia and China. This culture existed from 3500 BC to 2500 BC in South Siberia, occupying the Minusinsk Basin and the Altai Mountains during the Eneolithic era.

Examining Afanasievo entry to Central Mongolia - ScienceDirect
    A Dynamic 6,000-Year Genetic History of Eurasia's Eastern ...
    Afanasievo Culture - Indo-European Connection
    Yamna/Afanasevo elite males dominated by R1b-L23 ...
    R1b-M269 in Afanasievo - Eurogenes Blog
    New genetic evidence of affinities and discontinuities ...
    Yamnaya-like Chemurchek links Afanasievo with Iron Age ...
    Dairying enabled Early Bronze Age Yamnaya steppe ... - Nature
    Nomadic herders left a strong genetic mark on Europeans and ...
    Early and Middle Bronze Age archaeological sites (Afanasievo Chemurchek, and Munkhkhairkhan, ca. 3000-1500 BCE)

Hollard et al's results support the hypothesis of a genetic link between Afanasievo and Yamnaya (in western Eurasia). This eastern branch of the Yamnaya (or Afanasievo) persisted in central Asia and, perhaps, Mongolia and China.
    Last edited by VikLevaPatel; 06-03-2022 at 11:56 PM. Reason: studies
    Y-DNA (P): R1b-S47 (Irish/Scot), E1b1b1 (Proto-Semitic), C1b-Z5896. mtDNA (M): W6 (Gotland/Sweden). Ancient (European) Origins: Indo-European (Metal Age Invader) 67%, Early/First/Neolithic European Farmer (EEF/FEF/ENF) 8–10%, WHG 3–7%; Turkey 20–30%; Caucasian-Anatolian-Balkan 40–43%; Volga Region 18–20%; Ukrainian 11–12%; Viking 10%; Scandinavian 6–7% EHG–Steppe: Corded Ware 28–34, Yamnaya (Steppe Pastoralist) 23–25%, Bell Beaker 22–24%; Steppe to SCAsian 20–23%; Euro HG 11-12% CHG/Iran: Caucasus (CHG) 31–33%; Iran_N 54–60%; IVC 64-67%

Last Online
    06-15-2023 @ 03:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

CHG and Iran_N are separate entities.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Indian Ocean
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb Afanasievo and Bell Beaker

Some interesting comparisons can be made between the results for the Afanasievo and Bell Beaker entries in the Kurdish Iran-Neolithic K6 Admix:

Iran_N:
    Afanasievo 39-43%
    Bell Beaker 16%

https://i.ibb.co/TtB2t8C/bbe.png, https://i.ibb.co/wrmGXxd/ir.png

Тwo main points of difference immediately draw one's attention.

Their WHG scores seem to be fairly similar (Bell Beaker 51%, Afanasievo 45-53%), but the main Points of ESSENTIAL Difference are these:

The Natufian component (29%) is much greater in the Beaker People than in the Afanasievo people (3-8%). In fact, at least over nine times the difference. And of course the Iran_N component, which is obviously greater in the Afanasievo people, and there is well over twice the difference.

Of course, results may vary once we make more comparisons and the discrepancies between the results of the admixture calculators may increase or decrease.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Indian Ocean
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Exclamation What's In A Name?

In response to this post on Reddit, especially in regards to the part about asking to stop calling the IVC "Iranian farmers".

Actually, that's what it should be called. And nothing else.

"What's in a name," old Will Shakespeare, who certainly knew what one was, has Juliet ask us; "That which we call a rose/ By any other name would smell as sweet".

Indeed, these two models confirm this to be the case.

The first is from the K35 calculator:

Ancient Ancestral South Indians (AASI)
    Present day South Asians can be modeled as a mixture of the endigenous Indians who followed the coastal route from Arabia to India around 40,000 years ago; AASI, and peoples related to the Neolithic Iranian farmers from the Zagros mountains area, and Iron Age Saka related populations from the Eurasian steppe. Here AASI is represented by a combination of the endangered Onge tribe from the Andaman Islands, and South Indian tribals; Paniya and Korwa.
    And this is from ILLUSTRATIVE DNA:

The term Ancient Ancestral South Indian (AASI) refers to a hypothesized peninsular hunter-gatherer population with no West Eurasian ancestry. Recent studies incorporating genomic data from both ancient DNA and present-day South Asians have modeled the formation of the Indian Cline as a combination of three source populations: the Ancient Ancestral South Indians (AASI), a population related to Neolithic farmers in Iran and Middle–Late Bronze Age Steppe populations (Steppe_MLBA). The indigenous population of South Asia, usually termed as "Ancient Ancestral South Indian", is suggested to have originated from a Southern Dispersal population, which also gave rise to the Andamanese peoples, Indigenous people of New Guinea (Papuans), and Indigenous Australians. The Ancient Ancestral South Indians became genetically isolated from other populations since approximately 45,000 years BC. Ancient Ancestral South Indian (AASI) ancestry in modern South Asians is combined, in varying degrees, with more recent West Eurasian and East Eurasian components from the Neolithic period and the Bronze Age.

Here's the Reddit post.

[deleted]
    ·
    1 yr. ago
    Stop calling them Iranian farmers. South Asia developed farming independent of the middle East. The Neolithic "Iranians" were ancestral to Iranian farmers and Indus farmers. Iran Neolithic and AASI had already thoroughly mixed with each other before the Indus valley civilization. Indus valley specimens showed that they were anywhere between 100% to 50% Iran neolithic, with the rest AASI.

When the Indus valley collapsed due to climate change, it rapidly de-urbanised and some of them migrated southward, further into India. This Indus Valley group further mixes with even more AASI and eventually forms ASI, about 75% AASI and 25% Iran Neolithic.

Shortly after the Indus collapse, the steppe nomads come into the north of India and mix with the residual Indus valley inhabitants that scattered out from the Indus valley itself. They form ANI which is around 25% AASI, 50% Iran Neolithic and 25% steppe.

ANI and ASI mix with each other over the centuries, and form modern Indo Aryans and Dravidians. The Tibeto-Burman and Austroasiatic speakers have 2 more base populations, but they are a tiny minority in India.

Modern tribal groups in South India such as the irula and Paniya are very good approximates of ASI.

Non brahmin Upper caste Dravidians are about 50% ANI and 50% ASI.

Non brahmin Upper caste Indo Aryans are about 60% ANI and 40% ASI.
    Here's the response.

Oh, yeah, and there was no Earth about 5 billion years ago, and no Sun either. Creation out of nothing presupposes the possibility of total nothingness. But is creation the origin or beginning of everything? The Manicheans, in fact, impertinently asked what God was doing before the moment of creation.

Just stop calling anything, by any name, while we're at it!

The terms (such as "EHG" and "CHG") are merely labels.

And, actually, that's what they should be called.

But what's in a name, anyway? As the saying goes, "That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". A name is merely a label, and a label does not change the essence of a thing.

But on a more serious note, it ("Iran") is a "sensible" term: theoretically, this is being done for "identification" purposes only, but in fact it's already being put to other uses entirely. In recent papers CHG ancestry is sometimes designated "Ganj Dareh" or "Iran-N" (for Iran-Neolithic) or “CHG/Iran". In much the same way, the name "Caucasus Hunter-Gatherer (CHG)" is derived from the location where it was first identified. And that being the Caucasus Mountains and western Iran. The name "Iran" itself means "land of the Aryans", but it's important to note two things in this connection: The first is that the two components, IVC/Iran and Steppe/Aryan, are virtually inseparable and are a true family. You can see for yourself on the Global 25 PCA plots available on Genoplot. Yamnaya genomes themselves contained two principal genetic components derived from two distinct mating networks. And this leads to the second, and more important point. The other important component of Yamnaya ancestry came not from the west, but from the south, originally from a third hunter-gatherer population that was genetically very different from the EHG and WHG.

As for the term "AASI," it may be purely political, and it certainly seems like the term itself was conjured up "out of thin air", and it was done purely for political reasons, and even more so for "politically correct" reasons. Again, you can see for yourself where exactly they (AASIs) cluster on the Global 25 PCA plots. And where exactly does the "AASI" land on that continuum? You wouldn't have guessed, but near the two ancestral components "Proto-Turkic" and "North East Asia (NEA)".

And they couldn't come up with a better name. I mean, seriously! Ask any Indian if they like these terms 'Ancient Ancestral South Indians' and 'Ancient South Indians'. I know — and I can honestly say this to you — they detest it, which is understandable.

Nuff said.

https://archive.ph/ZArWX
    Last edited by VikLevaPatel; 08-02-2022 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Composition, Writing-Spelling.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British, French, Polish, German
    Ethnicity
    85% NW, 15% E, 100% European
    Ancestry
    Paradis, Bembenek Stewart, Traylor Traced to 720 BC
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    Possibly RM269 (R1b)
    mtDNA
    X2
    Taxonomy
    Atlandid, Dinarid
    Politics
    The Kingdom of God
    Hero
    The Son of God
    Religion
    The Way
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 246

0 Not allowed!

I just *might* be picking up what you're putting down. However, this information is way outside of my knowledge base, so I may need you to make your assertion more clear to know for sure what you are alluding to. I am intrigued because I too have been wanting to put together this particular puzzle; Perhaps we have been asking some of the same questions.

With regard to your religion listed, what does the millennial reign look like to you?

BTW "desolation of abomination", I love it.
    "Virtue grows stronger at the wound"
    "There is safety in discrimination"
    "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2022 @ 03:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fascism
    Country
    Greenland
    Taxonomy
    Fascism
    Politics
    seeing people of a different ethnicity than mine being killed is pretty pleasurable.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 24

1 Not allowed!

My eyeeeeeess...

We all go a little mad sometimes. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-12-2023 @ 11:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    IVC/Iran, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b (Israelite/Semitic), C1b (Gujarati), R1b (Western European)
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Hero
    Sergey "Adolf Hitler had Jewish heritage" Lavrov
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Default Oh, those Admixture calculators

Oh, Those Admixture Calculators

One warning: You have to tread carefully with this stuff. Even more important is to stress the fact that non-Europeans in particular will have to tread carefully with these. Besides pointing to the numerous ethical and privacy concerns that have emerged as DNA tests move from the scientific domain to a commercial one, the Quint also notes, quite rightly, that ancestry test is completely based on the data base, and its accuracy depends on how rich and vast the data is. To trace the migration routes of a person we need to match his/her samples with DNA samples from across the world. This is likely to be the most significant and important part or aspect of the problem, at least from a warning standpoint.

After saying that there are many calculators out there, and that each one defines its own component breakdown, My True Ancestry goes on to point out, and in fact freely admits, that calculator components can be hard to interpret. So why, readers might ask, even bother with admixture calculators? Why, though, seriously, why bother? It is pointless. West Asian, for example, does not mean your ancient ancestors are from West Asia. Instead it means there are genetic components they carry which over thousands of years spread via that region. Of course it goes without saying that no single calculator is perfect, and one with too few components is vague, while those with too many make wrong choices and decisions. And, importantly, this is shown to actually "impact negatively" on people and families. According to My True Ancestry, Eurogenes 15 is a popular calculator for people of European backgrounds, while MDLP World 22 is better suited for global populations. Eurogenes K36, on the other hand, offers a larger set of 36 components, but is subject to false positive classifications.

We must keep in mind constantly that the label names are not as important as their interpretation. Populations and civilizations obviously do migrate, and My True Ancestry also makes note of the fact that "we are all related." But even if not, even if "we are not all related", or are not related to one another, at least not closely, My True Ancestry will make sure that we are! Although, then again, ask yourself: How far back do you want to go?
    Last edited by SchizophrenicSociety; 03-12-2023 at 11:29 PM.
    SCHIZOPHRENIA
    Beats Being Alone And Lonely

OMEN, PORTENT OR PRODIGY Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-19-2023 @ 09:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, IVC/Iran, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b (Israelite/Semitic), C1b (Gujarati), R1b (Western European)
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Default Every Blue Eyed Person On The Planet Is A Descendant Of One Single Person

Every blue eyed person is descended from a single European who lived around 6,000 to 10,000 years ago, according to scientists. How did they work it out? Originally, all humans had brown eyes in various shades until there was a specific mutation that made the change. The mutation is a gene called HERC2 and it switches off OCA2, the gene that determines how much brown pigment we make. So that's why eyes become blue. As for being descended from the same person, the evidence for this is because every blue eyed person alive today has this same mutation. Scientists reckon only 8 to 10 per cent of the population have blue eyes and eyes don't fully develop in childhood meaning the brown pigment can kick in later, causing blue eyed children to end up with brown eyes in adulthood.

So if you have blue eyes, now you know - your family is a lot bigger than you might have thought previously.
    I am become Death, destroyer of worlds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information