Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the threshold for what would be considered 'sexual harassment' higher for men than for women?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,234
    Given: 43,773

0 Not allowed!

Default Is the threshold for what would be considered 'sexual harassment' higher for men than for women?

For example, would a woman fondling a man's (usually but not necessarily muscular) arms or chest be seen as sexual harassment in the same way that a man fondling a woman's breasts clearly would be? For that matter, would a female boss complementing a male worker for his looks or body be seen as harassment and inappropriate conduct in the same way the reverse scenario nowadays very much is?

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,490
    Given: 6,427

3 Not allowed!

No way. I got "harassed" a lot back in the day, and I mostly was cool with it, but I wouldn't want young *women* to experience it, which makes me sound like a Neanderthal, but I'm keeping it real. I went for an interview when I was 23, and the boss was in the 35-year-old age area. She spent much of the time talking about my shoulders, and I felt complimented and flattered by it, but I'm not comfortable with the reverse scenario where a male boss talks about a female interviewee's breasts, but nature wired us differently, so I plead not guilty by reason of biology.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    For example, would a woman fondling a man's (usually but not necessarily muscular) arms or chest be seen as sexual harassment in the same way that a man fondling a woman's breasts clearly would be? For that matter, would a female boss complementing a male worker for his looks or body be seen as harassment and inappropriate conduct in the same way the reverse scenario nowadays very much is?
    It's about power and biology you dunce. If my 9 year old cousin slaps me (which happens) I'm not going to the police. If I slap him someone should and I might end up in prison. Women get a lot more leeway because the social and physical dynamics are entirely different.

Additionally breasts are generally considered an erogenous zone and a chest isn't. I know you're gay but you know this. Such a duff question to ask.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,456
    Given: 13,168

1 Not allowed!

That should be personal. I think people should start to wear bracelets with different colors to identify if they think everything's sexual or not. That way there wouldn't be any kind of misunderstandings.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    It's about power and biology you dunce. If my 9 year old cousin slaps me (which happens) I'm not going to the police. If I slap him someone should and I might end up in prison. Women get a lot more leeway because the social and physical dynamics are entirely different.

Additionally breasts are generally considered an erogenous zone and a chest isn't. I know you're gay but you know this. Such a duff question to ask.
    A female boss still exercises social and financial power over her male employee, just like a Black boss still exercises social and financial power over his or her White employee. Intersectional politics can only get us so far.

N.B. Perhaps you would be vain enough to enjoy a female boss constantly putting her hand underneath your shirt, but rest assured lots of other men would be deeply uncomfortable with it (however much they'd be reluctant to admit it).
    Last edited by Tooting Carmen; 05-11-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

A female boss still exercises social and financial power over her male employee, just like a Black boss still exercises social and financial power over his or her White employee. Intersectional politics can only get us so far.

N.B. Perhaps you would be vain enough to enjoy a female boss constantly putting her hand underneath your shirt, but rest assured lots of other men would be deeply uncomfortable with it (however much they'd be reluctant to admit it).
    I've felt uncomfortable with women touching me but never physically intimidated. Obviously, there are exceptions to this rule and women are rolling the dice, same as men, but the chance of them crossing the line into intimidation and offensive behaviour is much lower.

We're not discussing coercion here, just attention.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,802
    Given: 13,744

0 Not allowed!

how about this ...

there is an American band with female vocalist.
    They were playing one of the big music festivals.
    During their set the female vocalist says something along the lines of ... its a fantasy of hers to take a pee on some dude onstage. Then apparently she says she will choose a member from the audience to pee on. Some guy in the audience(not sure if he was a plant or not) anyway it seems he was up for it. During one of the cover songs they were doing she calls him on stage and btw the manner in which she speaks to him is somewhat aggressive tone ... maybe like a dominatrix or something. She tells him to lay on his back and basically she pee's all over his face.
    Yes he seemed to be consenting and seemed to not have a problem with it.
    This was however not at some Amsterdam stripshow/sex show this was at a rock concert with a band that is not normally known for pulling such stunts.

The result of this was ... 1) the band and singer got a lot of attention (maybe good publicity)
    2)Some people said it was disgusting, hence the singer made some appologies on the bands website etc , saying she didnt mean to offend anyone etc.

But ... if a male vocalist of a Rock band did a golden shower on a supposed random female audience member onstage.(and even said that he had fantasy about doing that) Perhaps it would it be likely he would be arrested and that the incident would be criticised and viewed much more harshly.

PS: Anyone familiar with Miley Cyrus live concerts ...it seems she at times is literally pushing her crotch into audience members faces and doing very sexualised antics on stage. Would the same be considered ok if a male performer did the same things.

Im not saying either of those things should be ok for male or female to do onstage , Im just wondering if society looks at it differently by gender.
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,473
    Given: 5,729

0 Not allowed!

Obviously but indeed it's more being uncomfortable and gross when some women are very insistent and touchy, especially those who you are not ok with it, but it's not like you fear getting raped in a dark alley 5 minutes later then beaten to death or whatever. Also you can't imagine a group of men discussing about their agression by females. "She touched my peepee in an inappropriate way, i think im gonna press charges" Everybody would laugh.

However if i was woman i would become a complete asshole in society as nowadays they have totally lost the fear of physical retaliation in public, as in between men when you cross a line, which is well illustrated with the Karen and all sorts of entitled brats who know they can trash everybody and be unbearable without consequences.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 09:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,628
    Given: 10,189

0 Not allowed!

This reminds me of a social influencer who went under fire for sexualising her workmen while renovating. The comments were basically saying what if the roles had been reversed and it were a man doing the same to his female professionals. There was uproar but mostly by women and I don't think men in particular cared. What do you Think?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    This reminds me of a social influencer who went under fire for sexualising her workmen while renovating. The comments were basically saying what if the roles had been reversed and it were a man doing the same to his female professionals. There was uproar but mostly by women and I don't think men in particular cared. What do you Think?
    It's a sort of perverse twist on the trope that sex is for men to enjoy and women to endure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information