Albania
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 32

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybele View Post
    If you are planning to visit bigger cities you could try: Cluj, Brașov, Sighișoara, Alba Iulia, Sibiu, București, Sinaia, Timișoara, Oradea (from here you could cross the border into Hungary and visit Debrecen too, as they are relatively close),Craiova, Suceava, Iași, Constanța, and so on.

Romanian cuisine has lots of influences. It's based on different types of appetizers, soups, stews, grilled meat, etc. There are lots of regional variations. You'll find restaurants serving all kind of dishes, ranging from international cuisine to traditional one.

When it comes to living, I'd probably choose a rural area in Italy, since you mentioned it. Some villages in there, look absolutely beautiful. Also in Spain. In Romania, there is a growing trend for younger families to move in rural areas (more or less remote). Or to own a house with a larger garden, at the periphery of a bigger city and to commute. I think that's a smart move.
    How is the process in getting to rent a house for example in some rural place or in some small town ?

Last Online
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,034
    Given: 3,138

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    There's this guy called Andrew Tate who's supposed to be huge on british social media. Dude moved to Romania and says it's the best country in the world.
    I had to Google that guy. Never heard of him. But that's cause I don't follow these type of "celebrities". I see that, he is a fairly controversial figure. He and his brother were being accused of abducting two women (American and Romanian) for sexual exploitation. Ugh!
    I know that Prince Charles bought a property and turned it into a guesthouse in Viscri village. Dude says he's a descendant of Vlad the Impaler. Many foreigners have bought land in here, because it's cheap and not so polluted with insecticide and pesticides (unlike in other countries). It's really good for agriculture, farming.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,477
    Given: 13,190

1 Not allowed!

I had to Google that guy. Never heard of him. But that's cause I don't follow these type of "celebrities". I see that, he is a fairly controversial figure. He and his brother were being accused of abducting two women (American and Romanian) for sexual exploitation. Ugh!
    I know that Prince Charles bought a property and turned it into a guesthouse in Viscri village. Dude says he's a descendant of Vlad the Impaler. Many foreigners have bought land in here, because it's cheap and not so polluted with insecticide and pesticides (unlike in other countries). It's really good for agriculture, farming.
    I know Romania is EU bot not Schengen... Can a let's say German move to Romania and work like in any other EU country?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I know Romania is EU bot not Schengen... Can a let's say German move to Romania and work like in any other EU country?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight View Post
    I would assume most of its rural areas are very poor and the areas in and around the capital the richest.
    The rural areas are poorer in comparison with the urban ones. But also the population is older in there. Areas from Ilfov county (which surrounds the capital) are indeed the most developed. Ilfov is followed by rural areas from Timiș (western part of the country) in terms of good development .
    Least developed rural areas are mostly in: east ( Vaslui, Botoșani), south (Mehedinți), south west counties ( Teleorman, Dolj), etc.
    Some rural areas in central, west and north west counties are doing better ( Cluj, Arad, Sibiu, Brașov, Harghita, Covasna, Mureș, Alba, Bistrița Năsăud, Satu Mare, Maramureș, Caraș Severin, etc). Also in Dâmbovița, Prahova, Argeș, Gorj, Călărași, Tulcea, Suceava, so on.

One of the most developed commune ( rural subdivision) is perhaps Ciugud. It's also the first "smart village" we have, for those who enjoy these kind of things.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizz View Post
    How is the process in getting to rent a house for example in some rural place or in some small town ?
    My experience with renting is minimal and pretty negative; so probably I'm not the best person to answer to this question.
    To be honest, I don't know what is like to rent a property in rural areas. I guess they don't rent as much, unless the property it's situated in a more touristic area, I might be wrong. I'll have to check this out.

This article is meant for expats in Bucharest, but the process of renting is kind of similar in other cities too. Prices will differ of course.
    https://www.learnro.com/expat-rent-bucharest
    Last edited by Cybele; 05-12-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    I guess so. As EU citizens, they are entitled to take up work or look for jobs in other EU countries. But why would they work in here? it's usually the other way around. We are importing Asian workforce, though.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

1 Not allowed!

best to live in a city or a suburb of a city.

Iasi (Yash) probably most livable including for the prices. also more modern looking and probably cleanest city in Romania.

Cluj is popular with hipster culture and quite expensive.

all other cities feel too provincial

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    Cluj is popular with hipster culture and quite expensive.
    Indeed. Pretty nice for visiting but kinda expensive for living (at least for the average Romanians). Also, a bit overhyped.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I guess so. As EU citizens, they are entitled to take up work or look for jobs in other EU countries. But why would they work in here? it's usually the other way around. We are importing Asian workforce, though.
    I was just curious. But I'd assume that like the dude I posted earlier some western europeans could maybe move to open their own business. If you already got money places like Romania could be attractive to invest. And what do you mean when you say you import Asian workforce? Are you talking about chinese?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information