Thread: If we're going to be consequential about immigration, no to Ukrainian immigrants/refugees TOO

Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

3 Not allowed!

Default If we're going to be consequential about immigration, no to Ukrainian immigrants/refugees TOO

Let's be honest:

The Left in many European countries at the moment use the "racism" spiel, for the supposed preference of Ukrainian immigrants and refugees, over those from Africa and the Middle East, because the former are... "blond, blue-eyed and European".

The truth is the following: national sovereignty and ethnic homogeneity should be a given not only against the intruders of another race, but from those from other nations in the same race. Every country in Europe, where the biggest issue with immigration, legal or illegal, is located, every nation should belong only to its ethnic group. Greece is for the Greeks, as well as France only belongs to the French, Germany to the Germans, Italy to the Italians, and so forth... We shouldn't negotiate that, whether it's immigration from another European nation or any non-European land.

If, and I repeat, if there's the possibility that countries take some, they should be very limited. And returned immediately back to their homeland, and restore it, if most feel indeed patriotic. And the immigration flows, if we're talking about warfare, should ideally, and realistically, ONLY be limited to the first safe neighbouring country. That means, for Ukraine, refugees should only be headed for Poland, Romania, Hungary and Moldova. And even these countries should kick them out immediately after the conflict ends. This is what the Geneva Convention of 1951 and its 1967 Protocol about Refugees state after all. And that if he/she is a refugee, according to the definition given by the Convention. If they're proven they're not, immediate deportation.

It is cruel, but necessary. Immigration has gone too far, and we can't excuse it for any origin. Because my country has an immigrant population made up majorly by European immigrants from the Balkans, and they even proved an evil. Let alone the non-European ones.

It's time to stop. Immediate cut-down to ALL immigration.
    Last edited by Zeno; 05-20-2022 at 08:36 PM.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Today @ 03:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,488
    Given: 13,199

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    The truth is the following: national sovereignty and ethnic homogeneity should be a given not only against the intruders of another race, but from those from other nations in the same race. Every country in Europe, where the biggest issue with immigration, legal or illegal, is located, every nation should belong only to its ethnic group. Greece is for the Greeks, as well as France only belongs to the French, Germany to the Germans, Italy to Italians, and so forth... We shouldn't negotiate that, whether it's immigration from another European nation or any non-European land.
    Good thing most people is starting to realize this. I remember that when I just joined this forum many users (mostly yanks) had this idea Europe was a city and all europeans were like clones lol some even claimed there was zero difference between an american and a mainland european LMAO

Anyway, some(most)times people can't just anticipate events if the don't experience them in real life. Let's hope all this situation will mark the beginning of the awakening for Europe.

Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,494
    Given: 731

1 Not allowed!

Your epistemological foundations are wrong, because you assume a discrete, binomial choice : it's either A or B, while in reality, there is a continuous distribution of choices.

Therefore, in this conceptual framework, we are not falsely trapped or "hypocrite", as you imply, by either allowing immigration from everywhere or no immigration at all. This is simple common sense for most people : there are qualitative and quantitative differences about immigration.

For instance, in the case of your Greece, letting 100,000 Pontians to immigrate from Turkey in the 1920s is not the same as letting even 10,000 Pakistanis nowadays.

And of course, letting old men, women and kids from Ukraine is not the same in terms of potential socio-economical problems than letting young males from Afghanistan, Syria and Sudan to flow into your country.
    We do not drink Coca-Cola three hours before a match

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 10:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dinaric Slav
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    mtDNA
    W1
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 219

0 Not allowed!

Rogue anticipated me.
    I disagree, it's all about WHO comes in. If it's people that belong to the same race and with a reasonably compatible culture, and there's enough resources and jobs for them then I'm all for welcoming some migrants. They can provide new lifeblood.
    Ethnic/national identity is not based exclusively on blood (otherwise people would form nations according to K13 clusterings) but on a varying mix of objective factors (genetics, way of life, religion, customs, language) and subjective (friend/enemy distinction). People's identities did change according to those factors. It's political to the core.

Thread Information