Thread: Salon prices

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,369
    Given: 12,847

0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb Salon prices

Just a random question but I'm genuinely curious, but what do you think is a fair/reasonable price for these services at a salon? Or does it depend in your opinion? Do you find certain services at salons to be rip-offs often? Are there any salon services you find underrated?

*Women's hair cut

*Dye job (permanent)

*Basic styling

*Blowout/shampoo
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Last Online
    02-19-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Yaksha
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 60

1 Not allowed!

Well they almost doubled in a very short span here but still fair / reasonable considering inflation explosion & living costs now . Pre covid , I was charged Rs.40 ( ~50 cents) , now ~ $1 . High end salon in my city charge somewhere in the range of $3-6 . Men hair cut . Charges for women would be proportionately more but nothing ott . No idea about rest of the services .

Do you find certain services at salons to be rip-offs often?
    Everything apart from hair cutting/trimming/shaving . And head massage . For men . But then again , each to their own .

Are there any salon services you find underrated?
    Head massage . As I observe , very few ask for it due to lack of time or otherwise . Not much less than a lifesaver for me (as a happily married man) .

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    England
    mtDNA
    U2e1
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,272
    Given: 5,610

1 Not allowed!

I don't think there's a fair price for these services. It will depend on location, experience & expertise of the stylist, level of service, the products they use.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,627
    Given: 10,189

2 Not allowed!

All services are really overpriced, especially when done by less experienced stylists. It really depends on the location although most places have ramped up their prices recently. I'm booked in for a balayage and it cost me £100. I don't even remember paying this much in London.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

2 Not allowed!

In city where I used to live I'd pay for a haircut, washing and styling around 22-23 euros, which is a very low price for such a service compared to other saloons in my city, and this is a premium saloon with top notch service. So I was extremely satisfied with it.

Now in rural area where I live I will go to cut my hair to a family friend who was a hairdresser, for quite little money (up to 20 euros).

I go to hair saloon/hairdresser only 2-3 times per year though.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hithaeglir View Post
    I don't think there's a fair price for these services. It will depend on location, experience & expertise of the stylist, level of service, the products they use.
    I agree although from my experience most of the time, the price is usually at least a bit higher than the true quality and level of service, and rarely does the price actually match the level of service. But maybe you've had a different experience.
    =(^.^)=

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    In city where I used to live I'd pay for a haircut, washing and styling around 22-23 euros, which is a very low price for such a service compared to other saloons in my city, and this is a premium saloon with top notch service. So I was extremely satisfied with it.

Now in rural area where I live I will go to cut my hair to a family friend who was a hairdresser, for quite little money (up to 20 euros).

I go to hair saloon/hairdresser only 2-3 times per year though.
    Oh wow even considering the currency conversion that's a very good price! I've still been searching for a salon in my area that offers a reasonable price for a simple hair cut but still no luck yet. Although in the US I found this really friendly small salon that charged $50 for a haircut and 65$ for dye which wasn't too cheap, but it was one of the cheapest places I could find and it had amazing quality service compared to the place I tried previously. The previous place had rave reviews and charged 3 times as much (I made a big mistake going there) and surprisingly the service there was not very professional and they messed up my hair dye job. I also tried another salon recently but it ended up being a total flop and the stylists talent and skill was wwwaayyy below the price point so yeah, now I'm taking a salon hiatus and only doing at home hair jobs until I find a cheap haircut place lol.

Anyways interesting thoughts =)
    =(^.^)=

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    All services are really overpriced, especially when done by less experienced stylists. It really depends on the location although most places have ramped up their prices recently. I'm booked in for a balayage and it cost me £100. I don't even remember paying this much in London.
    Yes I absolutely agree with this, from my experience It's way more common for the stylists experience to be below the price point than above it. And yeah I've seen the price hikes too. Here that would actually be a good price, most balayage services I've found are 200 CAD+ although I'm still hoping to get one done at some point in the future. Hope the balayage turns out cool
    =(^.^)=

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Also related to my first post, some services I've found to be rip-offs are gloss/toner, semi-permanent hair color, blow dry's if they are not included in the cost, and often basic styling as well.

I think highlights are underrated, as well as hair washes if they are included in the price and done thoroughly.

=(^.^)=

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Lol I am actually pretty amused that I made a thread about this, but from my recent experience I was gonna say that unfortunately I think you really truly can't predict the quality of service from the price ): I've actually been surprised myself by this but based on my recent experiences I've found that cheaper salons actually on average give superior service to more expensive ones, and I can speculate why. Luckily I've found a great place recently for a good price which I've stuck to =) with friendly quality service, but it took some trial and error. Unfortunately, the previous stylist (which I won't ever see again) got really lazy with her work and ignored my requests and even almost burned me with a hot tool and it was not cheap ): she also asked some judgmental questions. But still I honestly wonder if salons are worth it sometimes.

Sorry to bump this because this topic is un-TA like lol
    =(^.^)=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information