H11A
    Relationship Status
    Spinster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,258
    Given: 1,611

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Lol I am actually pretty amused that I made a thread about this, but from my recent experience I was gonna say that unfortunately I think you really truly can't predict the quality of service from the price ): I've actually been surprised myself by this but based on my recent experiences I've found that cheaper salons actually on average give superior service to more expensive ones, and I can speculate why. Luckily I've found a great place recently for a good price which I've stuck to =) with friendly quality service, but it took some trial and error. Unfortunately, the previous stylist (which I won't ever see again) got really lazy with her work and ignored my requests and even almost burned me with a hot tool and it was not cheap ): she also asked some judgmental questions. But still I honestly wonder if salons are worth it sometimes.

Sorry to bump this because this topic is un-TA like lol
    You're so right about the cheaper places tending to have mysteriously better service, though! I will ALWAYS get my nails done by the old Asian ladies, rather than whoever is working at the upscale salon, for one. They're always so reliable, in my experience, and you get that brutal sitting-down shoulder massage when your nails are drying. I also got a $70 USD haircut that made me cry myself to sleep for like a week. And yes, it was that bad-- multiple coworkers approached me about it in shock.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

1 Not allowed!

Unfortunately everything It's being overpriced this Is a whole world phenomenon.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,387
    Given: 12,862

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by InmostLight View Post
    You're so right about the cheaper places tending to have mysteriously better service, though! I will ALWAYS get my nails done by the old Asian ladies, rather than whoever is working at the upscale salon, for one. They're always so reliable, in my experience, and you get that brutal sitting-down shoulder massage when your nails are drying. I also got a $70 USD haircut that made me cry myself to sleep for like a week. And yes, it was that bad-- multiple coworkers approached me about it in shock.
    Oh wow It's interesting your experience reflects that too! Yeah It's funny because when I originally started looking for a place I was told that you have to pay a lot to get good service, and to never go to cheap places lol but that ended up in me getting ripped off at this highly rated fancy looking salon ): I guess things aren't always as they seem. The cheaper places have been way more consistent and loyal. Not too long ago, I got a super choppy bang trim which the stylist spent only 5 minutes on at a more upscale salon, and she gave me an attitude for asking her to fix it even when she charged a relatively high amount for it. So I had to go home and spend 30 minutes fixing it myself ouch.

Sorry that that happened!
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fairy
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    H11A
    Relationship Status
    Spinster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,258
    Given: 1,611

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Oh wow It's interesting your experience reflects that too! Yeah It's funny because when I originally started looking for a place I was told that you have to pay a lot to get good service, and to never go to cheap places lol but that ended up in me getting ripped off at this highly rated fancy looking salon ): I guess things aren't always as they seem. The cheaper places have been way more consistent and loyal. Not too long ago, I got a super choppy bang trim which the stylist spent only 5 minutes on at a more upscale salon, and she gave me an attitude for asking her to fix it even when she charged a relatively high amount for it. So I had to go home and spend 30 minutes fixing it myself ouch.

Sorry that that happened!
    The same goes for restaurants. If they can stay open with such low prices for such a long time, you better believe it's good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information