Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,288
    Given: 43,809

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Agree Rich.

High IQ => Advanced Civilizations
    Low IQ => Barbaric or Semi-Barbaric.

Yes and no. China has a higher average IQ than anywhere in Europe, yet still it is one of the most repressive and authoritarian nations on Earth. For that matter, a lot of MENA, Central Asian and SE Asian countries are not that far off Europe (and needless to say that Russia is a tyranny aswell).

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,246
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Yes and no. China has a higher average IQ than anywhere in Europe, yet still it is one of the most repressive and authoritarian nations on Earth. For that matter, a lot of MENA, Central Asian and SE Asian countries are not that far off Europe (and needless to say that Russia is a tyranny aswell).
    IQ is pseudo-science. :

...[p]sychology arose and developed in capitalist society, a class society. In all class societies, the dominant social, cultural and political views are those of the dominant class.” And more so, with the continuing expansion of the psy-professions, Parker (2007: 1–2) argues that psychology has become an increasingly powerful component of ideology, ruling ideas that endorse exploitation and sabotage struggles against oppression. This psychology circulates way beyond colleges and clinics, and different versions of psychology as ideology are now to be found nearly everywhere in capitalist society.

“Intelligence” Testing

In the previous chapter I discussed the development of an increasingly complex work environment throughout the twentieth century; at the same time, the psychological sciences expanded its areas of jurisdiction to facilitate skills diversification and “personal development,” increase the productivity and efficiency of the workforce, and enforce conformity to the dominant values of capital by pathologising and depoliticising worker resistance. The primary site for enforcing such structures of discipline on the future workforce, however, would come to be the school—this was where the psychological sciences would first make a significant claim to expertise beyond the psychiatric institution and the analyst’s couch. Rose (1999: 135) recounts that, as with the factory or the parade ground, school brought children together in a single space where they could be observed and judged en masse. Individual differences between children were made visible by the school system, and the institution, “sought to discipline [children] according to institutional criteria and objectives” (Rose 1999: 140). However, there were those who would not or could not adapt to the desired moral codes for behaviour and performance at school. These young people—who came to be labelled as “educational imbeciles or the feeble-minded” (Rose 1999: 140)—were a problem for the authorities.Inspired by the eugenicists’ obsession for marking and testing biological and mental differences within the general population (Chap. 7), psychologists developed the intelligence quotient (IQ) test to measure the academic performance of school children and separate the able from the less-abled students. This is the beginning of psychometric and associated testing which has since expanded across many areas of economic and social life. Commenting on the significance of the “intelligence” test, Rose (1999: 143) states that,The technique of the test was the most important contribution of the psychological sciences to the human technologies of the first half of the twentieth century. The test routinizes the complex ensemble of social judgement on individual variability into an automatic device that makes difference visible and notable.Thus, the intelligence test can be seen as a moral technology used specifically for the social judgement of school children by psychologists under the guise of “science” (see also Roberts 2015: 12–13). The inventor of the test, Alfred Binet, had developed it to identify the “feeble-minded” to be sent to special schools. Significant for contextualising later mass testings and screenings of school children for intelligence, abnormalities, and mental disorders, Rose (1999: 142, emphasis added) notes, “Binet’s test used criteria that were directly educational and behavioural. They were direct assessments of the degree of adaptation of individual children to the expectation that others had of them.” The key to the success of Binet’s test was not the ability to accurately measure “intelligence”—which he felt was impossible to predict through such time-restricted tests—but its administrative usefulness in identifying problematic individuals (Rose 1999: 142)

It is impossible for psychology to be scientific :

Karl Marx’s analysis of capitalism is recognised by scholars on both the right and the left as highly significant in explaining the formation and continuance of the fundamental economic and social inequalities witnessed within advanced industrial societies. His theory of historical materialism states that the source of human progress and historical change is not to be found in “legal relations” or “political forms,” but rather “in the material conditions of life” (cited in Howard and King 1985: 4). By this Marx means that the economic relations of human beings determine all other relations in that society. Material survival rather than the development of rationality and spiritual thinking forms the fundamental basis of human endeavour in each historical epoch (Palumbo and Scott 2005: 42)

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/sh...atric-hegemony

" every man is an intellectual, though not all have the social function of intellectuals under capitalism.

Last Online
    02-18-2024 @ 11:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-Z2040
    mtDNA
    K1a1a2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    Ask yourself this question before you impugn other ethnicities or other races. Do you like it when bigoted idiots show "proof" that White Southerners are dumb?
    He probably doesn't care. His ancestors didn't have a very complimentary view of whites that were not rich enough to own slaves and plantations.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-Z2040
    mtDNA
    K1a1a2a
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Italicus View Post
    Lol I remember you railing about Southern and Eastern Europeans, calling them dumb and greasy. Your stripes haven't changed one bit. You're a fucking imbecile, lard tub.
    He also called his own dad an "ethnic scumbag".

Last Online
    04-30-2024 @ 10:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lesser Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y23110
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized East Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,760
    Given: 5,256

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Well. China is equally "repressive" as Japan or South Korea. They are a different civilization.
    Do you know there was no word "freedom" in China till like 1800s ?
    Well. They had no word for freedom because there was no slavery in ancient and medieval China.
    Compare this to Europe.
    Last edited by michal3141; 05-30-2022 at 07:11 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin, Han
    Ethnicity
    Italian, 1/4 Chinese
    Ancestry
    Italian, an 1/8th Swiss German, a bit of Croatian, a bit of English, a bit of Spanish and a 1/4 Han
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J L25
    mtDNA
    H20a
    Taxonomy
    Alpine Med
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Giuseppe Garibaldi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,842
    Given: 3,094

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wegner View Post
    He also called his own dad an "ethnic scumbag".
    Damn, really? Send a link, we need to see this

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,625
    Given: 21,682

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    I don't hate anyone's race, but I don't believe all cultures to be equal. On average , the Negro race has the lowest iq and African countries are terrible. Middle Eastern places are barbaric as well, and Arabs are slimy

That being said, it's not hatred , as it is a sort of preference for my own kind , which in my opinion does have a superior culture. I don't hate someone because of their skin color, that would be silly.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    SO if an individual had an iq higher than yours, you would humbly in silence and without complainning, accept you inferiority and all that it could imply of contempt, abuse,exploitation,bullying, jokes etc... even if that man is a black man?

Edit: I should put in another way my question because you started saying you don´t feel "hate", so I change "his hatred towards you" by "your inferiority".
    Last edited by gixajo; 05-30-2022 at 07:00 PM.

"Amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas"

"Dimidium facti, qui coepit, habet: sapere aude, incipe."

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-Z2040
    mtDNA
    K1a1a2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Italicus View Post
    Damn, really? Send a link, we need to see this
    First post, last line, right here:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...abusive-parent

He says: " You try living with a monster and see how you like it. He's a pathetic ethnic scum bag."

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,056
    Given: 10,317

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wegner View Post
    First post, last line, right here:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...abusive-parent

He says: " You try living with a monster and see how you like it. He's a pathetic ethnic scum bag."
    My mother called him that when she was angry. Taken out of context, tho

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-Z2040
    mtDNA
    K1a1a2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    My mother called him that when she was angry. Taken out of context, tho
    Doesn't make it OK for you to do it, does it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information