Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,022
    Given: 2,190

4 Not allowed!

Default Finland World Champion in Ice hockey 2022

Tough final game against Canada.

It was 3-3 after 60min. Finland won game over time (4 - 3).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1531005451378126848

Canada did the first goal of match, Finland made 3 next goals. Canada fought hard and succeed to make 2 goals in last 5min of 3 period. Game went to over time and then Finland made winning goal.

Finland lost only one game in whole tournament and even that (against Sweden) just with penalty shots.

First Olympic Gold medal and now this? I bet there will be lots of drunk Finns now... )

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

1 Not allowed!

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 07:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,127
    Given: 9,061

0 Not allowed!

Finns also beat us after we were 2-0 in advance. I actually made a small bet the game would end 4-2 LOL and it ended exactly like that.
    Congratulation to Finland.

I think in upcomming years, we will get McDavid to play for Canada and they will probably call all-stars to win him the tournament.
    They would beat Finland probably 5-0 XD

Also I strongly disagree IIHF for not leting Russia to participate, their team is incredible, one that actually can somehow compete with Canadian elite.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Tammerfors (home arena of tournament) ...

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Finns also beat us after we were 2-0 in advance. I actually made a small bet the game would end 4-2 LOL and it ended exactly like that.
    Congratulation to Finland.

I think in upcomming years, we will get McDavid to play for Canada and they will probably call all-stars to win him the tournament.
    They would beat Finland probably 5-0 XD

Also I strongly disagree IIHF for not leting Russia to participate, their team is incredible, one that actually can somehow compete with Canadian elite.

Well, today there are enough players from Sweden and Finland in NHL. Even in big roles. Canada is surely favorite if all the best players would be on ice, but surprises can/could happen. I opposite doubt that NHL will ever allow all those players to join World Championships. NHL has had pretty hard times to let those play even in Olympic Games. Canada and USA have not either wanted to organize adults (men) World Championships tournaments (true in last 10 - 15 years ... non-needed competitor to Stanley Cup play offs). NHL has opposite had their own international tournaments in history: Canada Cup and World Cup. Nobody knows then they'll organize that next time.

For example in this tournament William Nylander was more skillful player than anyone in team Canada 2022 and he ain't even best of Swedish NHL players right now... In my eyes, the biggest difference between Canada and few European top teams is that Canada could create 6 even 8 really top level teams, Sweden and Finland? Just one. Material is so much wider in Canada.

What comes to Russia, no comments (but I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts ).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Well, today there are enough players from Sweden and Finland in NHL. Even in big roles. Canada is surely favorite if all the best players would be on ice, but surprises can/could happen. I opposite doubt that NHL will ever allow all those players to join World Championships. NHL has had pretty hard times to let those play even in Olympic Games. Canada and USA have not either wanted to organize adults (men) World Championships tournaments (true in last 10 - 15 years ... non-needed competitor to Stanley Cup play offs). NHL has opposite had their own international tournaments in history: Canada Cup and World Cup. Nobody knows then they'll organize that next time.

For example in this tournament William Nylander was more skillful player than anyone in team Canada 2022 and he ain't even best of Swedish NHL players right now... In my eyes, the biggest difference between Canada and few European top teams is that Canada could create 6 even 8 really top level teams, Sweden and Finland? Just one. Material is so much wider in Canada.

There is no problem for them to particiapate on this kind of tournament. As I said it happened before with Sidney Crosby. After winning stanley cup he wanted to win a world championship with Canada. So basically the administration called up the best players possible and they were beating everyone 6-0 etc. Same could happen with McDavid, he is a monster and in upcomming years we could see history repeat.

Canada has 300k + registered hockey players, the lower leagues are strong and known for great skating and skill, so yeah comparing to others it's hard.

I don't like Russian government either, but I don't know why athletes should be penalised for something their gov. does. It's an absolute stupidity of highest level and hypocrisy from other nations proposing such a thing.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There is no problem for them to particiapate on this kind of tournament. As I said it happened before with Sidney Crosby. After winning stanley cup he wanted to win a world championship with Canada. So basically the administration called up the best players possible and they were beating everyone 6-0 etc. Same could happen with McDavid, he is a monster and in upcomming years we could see history repeat.
    First of all: Canada Cup and World Cup were played on small Northern American ice (not ''big ice'' of IIHF). Secondly all the referees came from NHL (having bit different line vs IIHF). Lastly all the refugees were Americans or Canadians no matter which teams were played on the ice.

My dad has told me that time of Gretzky, Lemieux etc., The Dream team of Canada beat Sovjet's Red Machine best of tree games final system (1987?) Russians won first game 6 - 5, and Canadians last 2 games exactly same numbers 6 - 5. Some could have said ... NHL referees helped Canada to win last game and whole tournament.

I don't like Russian government either, but I don't know why athletes should be penalised for something their gov. does. It's an absolute stupidity of highest level and hypocrisy from other nations proposing such a thing.
    There are countries which directly uses sport to support their own nationalist targets (just as those countries will suck all the other ways). Sovjet Union, DDR were examples of that in history. And today's Russia is not very far from that either. Russians systematic doping programs are just small part of ugly picture. Plus if we look how Russian's cross country skier star Bolshunov behaves now, or hockey player Ovetshkin? ... I think it is excellent that RUS-athletics are banned outside (or isolated outside). I could accept them if they would strongly comments to be against actions/politics Kreml, but there has been pretty silent on this sector. Perhaps they are worry behalf of themselves or behalf of their relatives, families? If so, then again one example how great society Russia actually is (against West which gets lots of critics). Yes, for some this can be unfair (career is so short), but in any bigger picture this is right signal/message. In the end sport is just entertainment, yes sometimes pretty serious one, but still entertainment. Opposite war is totally something else. People are injuring, dying, losing their houses and bases of life.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 05-30-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

First of all: Canada Cup and World Cup were played on small Northern American ice (not ''big ice'' of IIHF). Secondly all the referees came from NHL (having bit different line vs IIHF). Lastly all the refugees were Americans or Canadians no matter which teams were played on the ice.

My dad has told me that time of Gretzky, Lemieux etc., The Dream team of Canada beat Sovjet's Red Machine best of tree games final system (1987?) Russians won first game 6 - 5, and Canadians last 2 games exactly same numbers 6 - 5. Some could have said ... NHL referees helped Canada to win last game and whole tournament.

What youre saying make no sense, Im saying that those world championship, most of team especially Canada never comes in full power, becasue they prefer to rather play young talents then veterans, not because of IIHF rules. Im talking about last 15 years this is going on with Canada.
    Every pro player can play on IIHF regardless if he is pro or not from 80s. Don't try to fast grab knowledge from internet to sound smart XD You probably watch ice hockey once per year.

Ovetshkin The goat of ice hockey and you can't pronounce his name XD He is not promoting any Putin agenda, he even told he don't want the war. And what is his personal opinion is something that is his, doesn't have to be correct.
    I would bet 90% + of the Russian athletes dont support any war or dont care at all. Sports is not about politics

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What youre saying make no sense, Im saying that those world championship, most of team especially Canada never comes in full power, becasue they prefer to rather play young talents then veterans, not because of IIHF rules. Im talking about last 15 years this is going on with Canada.
    Every pro player can play on IIHF regardless if he is pro or not from 80s. Don't try to fast grab knowledge from internet to sound smart XD You probably watch ice hockey once per year.

The best Canadians (dream team) has never played in World Championship tournament. As we are now talking about adult men. Not under 20 years guys, not under 18 years guys, not women.

Not even long long time ago (1930's - 1950's) then Canada crushed all the all the others (as back then Canada would have had even much better teams). We have seen best only in Canada Cup (few times), World Cup (1 or twice) and Olympic Games (now 21th century once or twice?). Sovjet's Red machine also played few times against dream team of Canada and dream team of NHL. And nope, for that I will not need Google.

What comes to hockey, I have watched enough games of Vasa Sport (Finland) and lately Malmö Redhawks. Once in history I was asked for cheerlader of hockey team , but I denied.
    Ovetshkin The goat of ice hockey and you can't pronounce his name XD He is not promoting any Putin agenda, he even told he don't want the war. And what is his personal opinion is something that is his, doesn't have to be correct.
    I would bet 90% + of the Russian athletes dont support any war or dont care at all. Sports is not about politics
    Do no care? Not nearly good enough...
    Ovetshkin? Old guy already, not fast anymore, best years far behind. If sport is not politics then we should never calculate how many medals this country or that country has won after competitions, after tournaments. Nope, sport is tool of politic. For some countries even huge one (for their propaganda).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

[/B]The best Canadians (dream team) has never played in World Championship tournament. As we are now talking about adult men. Not under 20 years guys, not under 18 years guys, not women.

Not even long long time ago (1930's - 1950's) then Canada crushed all the all the others (as back then Canada would have had even much better teams). We have seen best only in Canada Cup (few times), World Cup (1 or twice) and Olympic Games (now 21th century once or twice?). Sovjet's Red machine also played few times against dream team of Canada and dream team of NHL. And nope, for that I will not need Google.

What comes to hockey, I have watched enough games of Vasa Sport (Finland) and lately Malmö Redhawks. Once in history I was asked for cheerlader of hockey team , but I denied. Do no care? Not nearly good enough...
    Ovetshkin? Old guy already, not fast anymore, best years far behind. If sport is not politics then we should never calculate how many medals this country or that country has won after competitions, after tournaments. Nope, sport is tool of politic. For some countries even huge one (for their propaganda).
    Well it's obvious you watch one game per year and maybe only when Finland plays, what you're saying is basically not true and also many "just read" things from internet, you had to lookup for XD
    Why are you even competing in ice hockey knowledge when youre not even ever watching NHL or yearly tournaments.

The best Canadians (dream team) has never played in World Championship tournament
    Already told you don't have any ice hockey knowledge, even though you try to act like you have, it's easily spottable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_IIHF_World_Championship

It's not like they 6-1 Russia in Finals, with an All-star team, because of Crosby getting trebble
    Crosby, Seguin, Giroux etc, just random players XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information