Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian expert predicts the division of Croatia between Hungary and Serbia

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I dont really understand why Hungary should invade Croatia. Very few hungarian lives there, and the government can rent a harbor in Fiume. I dont see any reason for that.
    Hungary use Serbia to get influence in Balkans. Orbán said many times that we need a friendly relationship with Serbia, that's why he supports the serb territorial claims in Bosnia, in exchange Vucic and the bosnian serb leaders give more favourable conditions for hungarian companies. Its a good business for everyone.

If the EU collapses, then these little central european countries will seek closer cooperation with each other for sure. It would be a new Austria-Hungary, but in modern form. Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia and Czechia related to each other in many way, we will have common parlament, foreign policy, later maybe common army too. I think Central Europe dont trust in Russia neither in West, they will choose their own way.
    Good analysis.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Zagreb
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 219

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Why are you giving explanation to ustaša whore?

Whatever these Gypsies are - dirty, lazy, asocial etc, still they were not killing and expelling Serbs.
    And as like that, they are more accepted than Croats in Serbia.
    Po toj logici ni jedan Srbin ne bi smio živjeti u Hrvatskoj.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    At first, the illusion that the standard of living was growing was supported by cheap European loans. But they quickly ended, but the debts remained. But Romania no longer has its own production.
    I hope Serbs are smarter than this.
    Yes, but...you are very wrong to think Serbia isn't getting sold out of foreigners like Romania or any other country. It is.
    Hungarian firms are buying everything in Vojvodina. Gas company in in Russian hands afaik.

They even sold lot of their valuable firms to Chinese who than destroy environment and leech from workers working there for African salaries and conditions.

Serbia is in worse situatiation than Romania because their owners are poorer and more backward than those westerners in Romania, and that is why Romania is doing better now and until recently it was a total shithole.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I heard for case of one Brazilian giant company operating in Serbia (because they can't get working license in EU as their environmental standards are terrible) and how rebellion of local people started when they destroyed nature there. I think it was mining company.

Yeah, they are really nice, getting companies that aren't allowed to exploit in EU but in Africa and countries like Serbia. Nice company to be in with.

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 10:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dinaric Slav
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    mtDNA
    W1
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 219

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Not really true though. Many Europeans truly love Russian culture, classics, music....it is part of eduacation you receive in high school and so.
    It's different than US for example. Vast majority would say US is a better place to be than Russia (I disagree today tho, but decades ago it clearly was) but they would see Russians as more cultured and "our" than Americans.

Politics aside, Russian culture and science was always highly appreciated by European middle and higher class.
    You may like russian paintings and symphonies (which btw are just a copy of the west, russians copied western european art from the 1700s...), but russian mentality and behaviour is that which is masterfully described in De Custine's book "Letters From Russia" also called "Russia in 1839". The book was obviously banned in Russia.
    They are ruthless primitives. This derives from their byzantine state-church system.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western Hunter-Gatherer
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,828
    Given: 828

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nausevar View Post
    You may like russian paintings and symphonies

I'm dead sure she doesn't care about paintings and symphonies.

You see people poorly.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You may like russian paintings and symphonies (which btw are just a copy of the west, russians copied western european art from the 1700s...)
    It's better than western art in some fields. Peter the Great has name Great added for a reason.

but russian mentality and behaviour is that which is masterfully described in De Custine's book "Letters From Russia" also called "Russia in 1839". The book was obviously banned in Russia.
    They are ruthless primitives. This derives from their byzantine state-church system.
    It's a giant lowly populated country with harsh climate that can't be led except with iron fist, unfortunately.
    Average Russians are far more cultured than Americans and quite a few Europeans. Check how many people read books than and attend cultural events and how many in US, for example.

But I agree with you Byzantine political system was very corrupted and bad. It was half oriental despotic derived, that's why.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,330
    Given: 9,886

0 Not allowed!

Btw if there's going to be a war in the region Hungary will not be neutral for sure. Many hungarian is pro-russian, but even the non pro-russian hungarians dont like Ukraine. I have seen an opinion polling and nowadays ukrainans have much worse reputation in Hungary than romanians. To getting Subcarpathia would cause huge ecstasy in the hungarian society. The trauma of Trianon is too deeply rooted in the peoples. Hungarians will never give up to reclaim these areas, neither the governments, if they cant get them in military way then they will get it in economical way, but everyone wants revision. In the schools every kid learns what is the real hungarian borders, everyone knows the hungarian name of slovak, transylvanian etc cities, villages. So if Orbán would has chance to get any area he would order the army to attack. Im 100% sure about it.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Russki View Post
    I'm dead sure she doesn't care about paintings and symphonies.

You see people poorly.
    I love Russian classical music, but paintings don't interest me. Also classical literature. My matura essay was analysis of Crime and Punishment. Etc.
    But yeah, that wasn't main thing. I like Russia, find it fascinating and have good personal experience with Russian people irl and online, unlike with some other nations.

It depends on individuals.

I have odd and often negative experiences with Polish people online and irl and that's probably anomaly since many people I know have only good things to say about Poles and love them.

Well, I personaly have far better relationship with Russians and that's where my sympathies lie.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,238
    Given: 7,503

0 Not allowed!

You may like russian paintings and symphonies (which btw are just a copy of the west, russians copied western european art from the 1700s...), but russian mentality and behaviour is that which is masterfully described in De Custine's book "Letters From Russia" also called "Russia in 1839". The book was obviously banned in Russia.
    Did you have some bad experience with Russians? It sounds more like you had bad experience in your life, like Russian gf chested on you or Russian stole your money and you dislike Russians now using some general reasoning for your position.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information