PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
How is Europe going to replace Russian gas? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How is Europe going to replace Russian gas?

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

1 Not allowed!

Nuclear powerplant takes at least 10-20 years to be built, which is not trivial. Electricity is needed, but so is gas. And you can't make gas from electricity. :-)

Maybe EU will come to its senses and retract the sanctions. It's all about agreement and nobody knows what's gonna happen. Maybe we will get their gas, but for much higher prices. That's what happens when you're poking a bear with a stick.

Norway has some potential to run the new business aswell, so who knows.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    Are Russia and Turkey the same? Russia successor of Ussr, 2. nuclear power in the world, energy exporter, technologically and militarily by far more independent than Turkey, borders East Asia and Pacific Ocean and more bla bla bla..

How do you compare.. Cut off Greece and which european country thinks that it can fight Turkey in the future? What i say are all rational. You posing as a rational man and bringing uttermost irrationalism in the topic.
    The only country in Europe with which you usually have problems is Greece, yes.

Personal considerations about me are superfluous.

Could you answer these two questions about Turkey? Maybe I am wrong about what I think about how Turkey usually acts.

Has Turkey played at some point with leaning towards Russia as a way to pressure the West and obtain extra benefits?

Has Turkey ever played with immigrants as a way of putting pressure on Europe?

And just out of curiosity, has Turkey suffered any negative consequences related to the war in Ukraine?

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,270
    Given: 4,558

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    Has Turkey played at some point with leaning towards Russia as a way to pressure the West and obtain extra benefits?
    Clearly no. Even every nowborn knows that Russia is a no-go zone for Turkey. While, for example France was building 2 Mistral Class amphibious assault ships for Russia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistra...ssian_purchase Turkey fought Russia in Syria, Libya and in other African countries. Turkey is the only Nato country which shot down a Russian warplane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_R...u-24_shootdown Turkey cant lean lean towards Russia, its inherently forbidden.

Yes, after EU advised Turkey to open borders and accept them and promised to fund them but later stopped funding for some political reason.

Neither me nor any citizen with brain supports importing billions of 3rd world muslims in my country or threatening EU with sending them. This is what a muslim despot does and is a shame in our history and hopefully hes going wwith next electtions.

And just out of curiosity, has Turkey suffered any negative consequences related to the war in Ukraine?
    Most importantly grain supply. Also a lot more things, i dont want to count.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,482
    Given: 13,196

0 Not allowed!

Como decían en un video que acabo de ver: «Esta el problema de Turquía, que es un país de lealtad sumamente dudosa».

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    Clearly no. Even every nowborn knows that Russia is a no-go zone for Turkey. While, for example France was building 2 Mistral Class amphibious assault ships for Russia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistra...ssian_purchase Turkey fought Russia in Syria, Libya and in other African countries. Turkey is the only Nato country which shot down a Russian warplane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_R...u-24_shootdown Turkey cant lean lean towards Russia, its inherently forbidden.

Yes, after EU advised Turkey to open borders and accept them and promised to fund them but later stopped funding for some political reason.

Neither me nor any citizen with brain supports importing billions of 3rd world muslims in my country or threatening EU with sending them. This is what a muslim despot does and is a shame in our history and hopefully hes going wwith next electtions.

Most importantly grain supply. Also a lot more things, i dont want to count.
    Ok.

So the only thing we have is some kind of different opinion about Turkey leaning towards Russia when it has interested them.

Did Turkey fight Russia or down that airplane before or after ordering the S400 missile systems from Russia?

You know what I mean?

When the United States denied the sale of certain sophisticated long range air defense systems to Turkey, Turkey said it would have to buy it from Russia. This was after the shooting down of that plane, Russia would sell those systems (S400 missiles, command and control and associated radars) and integrate them into its centralized air defense system.

Doesn't this imply that Turkey will have no problem choose Russian side (or eventually any other) even when doing so would seriously harm the security of its NATO partners?

I suppose you know the scope of this and the damage that adapting such a system within NATO entails.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Como decían en un video que acabo de ver: «Esta el problema de Turquía, que es un país de lealtad sumamente dudosa».
    Turkey is a regional military power, it´s a very important country for its geographical situation for the European defense.

It has its own interests, and those self-interests may conflict with some of its alliances.

I think that what I am saying explains everything perfectly, I don't see anything irrational.

I don't have anything against Turkey, I think I'm being as objective as anyone can be on this issue. Spain has no conflict against Turkey and in many aspects we are quite comparable countries, although distant.

Turkey has been a basic pillar for NATO, but in recent years it is beginning to make strange moves. And it is understandable, because situations change and interests change.

That is all.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2022 @ 01:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 140

0 Not allowed!

Turkey is a regional military power, it´s a very important country for its geographical situation for the European defense.

It has its own interests, and those self-interests may conflict with some of its alliances.

I think that what I am saying explains everything perfectly, I don't see anything irrational.

I don't have anything against Turkey, I think I'm being as objective as anyone can be on this issue. Spain has no conflict against Turkey and in many aspects we are quite comparable countries, although distant.

Turkey has been a basic pillar for NATO, but in recent years it is beginning to make strange moves. And it is understandable, because situations change and interests change.

That is all.
    Turkey should face international court over Yazidi genocide, report says

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022...helena-kennedy

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I would add something to the comparison of Turkey with my country.

Turkey and Spain have had the same specific weight as a nation when they entered NATO. Right now Turkey has more decision-making power over itself than Spain.

Spain has bet everything on a single card, while Turkey has much more room for maneuver, leaving other options open. Turkey in this sense is acting more intelligently.

And especially considering that countries of secondary importance in the global theater such as Spain and Turkey, have the need to survive in this world, belonging to this type of organizations and seeking the tutelage of one or another global power, to every move they want to make.

It seems that we are returning to a bipolar world, and we return to a new cold war, with very well known things and at the same time very different.

Uncertain times.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,899
    Given: 16,902

1 Not allowed!

Germany should just open Nord Stream 2 and lift the sanctions, that easy.

The rest of Europe? Not my problem.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,426
    Given: 6,769

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Germany should just open Nord Stream 2 and lift the sanctions, that easy.

The rest of Europe? Not my problem.
    Exactly. There's not a single word to add.
    Target: rothaer_scaled
    Distance: 1.0091% / 0.01009085

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information