N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Those cross-border train journeys needn't be so slow and inefficient if you find ways round it.(Couldn't you have Hungarian passport officers in Zagreb and Croatian passport officers in Budapest?)
    No. Why do you think other Europeans can enjoy free movement and we don't? Forget about it.

Also, not long ago you spoke out strongly against pan-Europeanism
    I don't care about Pan-Europeanism, I care about rising standard and competitivnes.

particularly in the context of the Ukrainian influx into Croatia.
    Ukraine is not in the EU.

Were Ukraine also now an EU member, neither Croatia
    It's not and will not enter for decades.

nor any other member state would be able to regulate their migratory flow whatsoever, at least beyond a set date.
    Don't care, Croatia becoming Schengen outer border will only harden border towards those that it needs to be hardened against like Serbia.
    For us being able to join Schengen we needed to make external EU border much stronger and get more Police and modernize their equipment.

Now cops from SLO and HUN borders will further strengthen one towards Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro.

So yeah, fantastic and your arguments make zero sense. I'm sorry but we're going forward.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,206
    Given: 43,748

0 Not allowed!

It's not and will not enter for decades.
    Doubtless many people among the European elite would like it to join sooner rather than later.

Don't care, Croatia becoming Schengen outer border will only harden border towards those that it needs to be hardened against like Serbia.
    For us being able to join Schengen we needed to make external EU border much stronger and get more Police and modernize their equipment.

Now cops from SLO and HUN borders will further strengthen one towards Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro.
    Are you mostly referring to those other Balkan countries being transited by MENA migrants, or mostly referring to migration from those countries themselves?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Doubtless many people among the European elite would like it to join sooner rather than later.
    And to join there is criteria set that Ukraine can't fulfill in next 20 years. Keep fantasizing.

Are you mostly referring to those other Balkan countries being transited by MENA migrants, or mostly referring to migration from those countries themselves?
    I mean MENA migrants on Bosnian and Serbian borders. Now this border is much harder to penetrate than before as billions were invested to get newest tracking or night equipment.
    Besides, I like having a hard border with a country like Serbia, migrants or not.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Zagreb
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 214

0 Not allowed!

Those cross-border train journeys needn't be so slow and inefficient if you find ways round it. (Couldn't you have Hungarian passport officers in Zagreb and Croatian passport officers in Budapest?)

Also, not long ago you spoke out strongly against pan-Europeanism, particularly in the context of the Ukrainian influx into Croatia. Were Ukraine also now an EU member, neither Croatia nor any other member state would be able to regulate their migratory flow whatsoever, at least beyond a set date.
    I don't know what you want to say, but no. "Hungarian passport officers in Zagreb and Croatian passport officers in Budapest" (whatever it should be) are useless because we don't need any passports to go to other EU countries and vice versa. Btw., we had a bilateral agreement with Hungary, so we didn't need it even when we didn't become EU member.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jankec View Post
    I don't know what you want to say, but no. "Hungarian passport officers in Zagreb and Croatian passport officers in Budapest" (whatever it should be) are useless because we don't need any passports to go to other EU countries and vice versa. Btw., we had bilateral agreement with Hungary, so we didn't need it even when we didn't become EU member.
    Main benefit from Schengen is for trade (trucks not getting checked/stopped). But yes, waiting on borders for long is very unpleasant. These days tourists wait on Croatian-Slovenian border for hours.
    We still need to show ID card which Schengen countries don't need to, so we are very much discriminated along with Romanians and Bulgarians.

Can't wait to get into Schengen, already should have been there years ago.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,206
    Given: 43,748

0 Not allowed!

I don't know what you want to say, but no. "Hungarian passport officers in Zagreb and Croatian passport officers in Budapest" (whatever it should be) are useless because we don't need any passports to go to other EU countries and vice versa. Btw., we had a bilateral agreement with Hungary, so we didn't need it even when we didn't become EU member.
    Because Feiichy was complaining about the long wait on the Hungarian-Croat border for cross-border train journeys. My point about the passport officers is that, by having the opposite nationality inspect passports at London and Paris respectively, it meant that Eurostar journeys didn't have that problem when crossing borders.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Zagreb
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 214

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Main benefit from Schengen is for trade (trucks not getting checked/stopped). But yes, waiting on borders for long is very unpleasant. These days tourists wait on Croatian-Slovenian border for hours.
    We still need to show ID card which other Schengen countries don't need to, so we are very much discriminated along with Romanians and Bulgarians.

Can't wait to get into Schengen, already should have been there years ago.
    I agree, there are no negative effects of Schengen.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Because Feiichy was complaining about the long wait on the Hungarian-Croat border for cross-border train journeys. My point about the passport officers is that, by having the opposite nationality inspect passports at London and Paris respectively, it meant that Eurostar journeys didn't have that problem when crossing borders.
    You left the EU and Schengen was temporarily suspended few years ago. So what do you want?
    When trains go from Paris to Berlin there is no border where they stop and are checked.

I demand exactly same treatment.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Im not very connected with the European media but If thats thruth the only people looking like fools will be Ukraine and the United states for doing such hard efforts trying to get Ukraine into the EU..

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I agree, there are no negative effects of Schengen.
    I hope Romanians and Bulgarians will enter too, it's shameful what Netherlands is doing to them since 2011.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information