Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Anthrogenica? (16th of July 2022)

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,021
    Given: 6,623

0 Not allowed!

Don't care for their political correctness and OTT moderation, but there were some informative threads and knowledgeable posters there, so it's a shame if it's gone for good. I was looking forward to the updates and discussion on the Anglo-Saxon paper this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Russki View Post
    Should we expect a refugee wave from Anthrogenica?
    Unlikely, but a few old members might return sporadically.
    Spoiler!

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

4 Not allowed!

And I was harassed by pm and threatened with ban for "causing troubles" with "absurd baseless theories" for saying that that the Jews recently expelled from Spain and Portugal in 1492 and 1498 had to have, after being here 1200 years, enough Iberian admixture right at the time of expulsion.

A few days later, and having almost forgotten about all that, I was banned , I think for a week. When that week passed, they extended my punishment for no reason until about a month.

After that I was also banned for naming the nikname of a Spaniard who is unmentionable in that forum (Gaska), who has a different theory from the official and majority one about the expansion of certain paternal lineages in Europe, something that apparently is taboo to mention.. Just to say his name joking and I was banned.

Here I have also been banned twice absurdly both times, but at least Loki is sincere and acts like what he is. If something bothers him, he bans you, and he doesn't usually camouflage the ban with supposed logical pretexts, it's enough that he doesn't like what you say, and once the indignation passes, he talks to you.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ard 2.0 View Post
    I hope it come back, one of the few serious places to learn and talk about genetics
    What ? Most science outside of physics is politically motivated statistical manipulation. For instance, if genetics shows that blacks are the least intelligence race it will be surpressed but if it is somehow linked to IQ tests the methodology would be shoddy, anyway. Even though, the DSM has been shown to be unscientific you will have scientists, funded by rich people, who do not like to pay for 'unproductive people' looking for genetic causes of 'mental disorders' :

"Psychiatric insiders have openly admitted the lack of science to their area of operations. Allen Frances (cited in Whitaker and Cosgrove 2015: 61), for example, has recently stated that the mental disorders given in the DSM are “better understood as no more than currently convenient constructs or heuristics that allow [psychiatrists] to communicate with one another.” This has included the classic constructs of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (formerly manic-depression), of which the mental health researcher Joel Paris at the Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, has admitted “[i]n reality, we do not know whether [such] conditions … are true diseases” (cited in Whitaker and Cosgrove 2015: 61). Even National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) director and strong advocate of biomedical psychiatry, Thomas Insel (cited in Masson 2015: xii), announced on the release of the DSM-5 in 2013 that the categories of mental disorder lacked validity and NIMH would no longer be using such diagnoses for research purposes.Despite the claims to “progress” made by official historians of psychiatry such as Lieberman and Shorter, there is no evidence for the supposed “science” of psychiatry. There is no test for any mental illness, no proof of causation, no evidence of successful “treatment” that relates specifically to an individual disorder, and no accurate prediction of future cases. Thus, the claim that psychiatric constructs are real disease has not been proven. .." --Bruce, C. Psychiatric Hegemony : A Marxist Theory of Mental Illness

^ I only quote one book here because I don't want to flood the thread

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I hope it come back, one of the few serious places to learn and talk about genetics
    It´s a place where we can learn a lot about many things from many people, but some of their moderators are more intransgent and intolerant in his "scientific" positions than Loki in his religious positions.

They do not tolerate the slightest deviation from what they consider to be true, in comparison TA is an oasis of freedom.

When some take science as a religion, they are much worse than very believing people.

It's a compliment to you Loki, don't ban me, please.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,203
    Given: 9

3 Not allowed!

The best stuff is always the first to go away.

Only here for genetics... vader's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Ancestry
    Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3*
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,766
    Given: 2,448

2 Not allowed!

I like anthrogenica for the seriousness like Ard said. And I'm really only into science approach when it comes to these types of forums, especially now. When I first joined this site I got weaved in to learn more ab my genetics but got pushed into phenotype discussion. It's a fun thing to play with but it's not a serious topic compared to scientific genetic topics. On anthrogenica I'd never participate in any threads unrelated to Iberian genetics because I know I'd get completely roasted for either not knowing enough, or saying something a user may disagree with. I've never been banned from anthrogenica... But at the same time I know not to get too deep, or too controversial or I could risk a ban. On here I know what I did to get a ban and I respect that. I can't speak to anthrogenica... Bc again I've never been banned. There are bans that make a lot of sense, where people get way off topic, or become too immature with racial undertones. But probably not something to warrant a perma ban with no possibilities for a second chance.

I'm simply facinated by human genetics and how we became the way we are. But these forums always become way too politically driven. The agendas can make a civilized scientific discussion into a circle jerk wild fire with unkempt nationalism. It's not necessary for a place like anthrogenica.
    Last edited by vader; 07-18-2022 at 02:24 PM.

mitalit

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    It´s a place where we can learn a lot about many things from many people, but some of their moderators are more intransgent and intolerant in his "scientific" positions than Loki in his religious positions.

They do not tolerate the slightest deviation from what they consider to be true, in comparison TA is an oasis of freedom.

When some take science as a religion, they are much worse than very believing people.

It's a compliment to you Loki, don't ban me, please.
    Both forums are fine in their style. But it's nice to read from time to time things where 90% aren't manipulation attempts full of lies.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Both forums are fine in their style. But it's nice to read from time to time things where 90% aren't manipulation attempts full of lies.
    Of course, I want AG back.

They are two forums from which to spread agendas, they only differ in the ways of doing it.

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guti View Post
    Just bad losers. They were wrong about everything and were spreading their stupid retard propaganda for years. And when they found out that 1st stage PIEan homeland is located in Northwestern Iran they pulled out the plug.

I heard they found some native Northwestern Iranic Y-DNA lineages that were also found in Steppe Maykop. And those lineages were older than those in Yamnaya.

checkmate for them
    Yes, Kurdistan is the home of the Proto-Indo-Europeans. David Reich's team came to this conclusion. Just waiting for the paper to be published now.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2022 @ 01:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 140

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    Yes, Kurdistan is the home of the Proto-Indo-Europeans. David Reich's team came to this conclusion. Just waiting for the paper to be published now.
    I have been telling & yelling this for the last 20 YEARS! Everybody ridiculed me including other 'Kurds'.

I want to know if that ancient 6000 years old Yezidi temple in Lalish belonged to the ancient proto-Indo-European people or proto-Western Iranic people.

Btw, I thin AG is down to stop the leaks. Everyday more and more leaks came in and were reported on that site and the only solution was to shut it down before those articles are published.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information